Smallest thing online players annoy you with?

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
We all know that everyone but ourselves are the most annoying people online that want nothing but to spread hate and pain. But what is the tiniest thing they do that annoy you?

For me it is easy, in GTA V everyone. And I mean bloody everyone. They all listen to rap! And I cannot get them to stop turning back to it. Does nobody in this world enjoy a bit of classical rock?

Stop with the hip hop already! D:

...Your turn. What tiny things annoy you, that other people online do?

Catchpa: "you good?" No catchpa, no I am not. It am annoyed!

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Boosters who boost in my game (boost all you want with private lobbies you sad and depressing person).

I go out of my way now to interrupt boosters I run into if they're in my room. It's been a while but my main clear example is this:

In Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, you used to be able to get lots of XP really quickly by playing hardcore and having a teammate shoot your own riot shield (it counted it as blocks and blocking bullets give you XP). A lot of people would play Search & Destroy because they had a solid minute (or longer if the enemy doesn't investigate) where they could sit there and shoot each other and rack up points.

I, being unhappy that these asshats were ruining the entire game for their own gain, started jumping in between the two people shooting each other. This caused them to either die (if they did it too quickly) or it would end up kicking them out after a few rounds.

Boost in your own lobbies you jackasses for if you ruin my game, I will go out of my way to ruin your boosting.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
*RandomStranger3256 has invited you to join a guild. Would you like to join?*
*RandomUser42 has invited you to join a group. Would you like to join?*

If your first interaction with me is a group request (and not of the "lfg for___" variety) then I don't want anything to do with you. Worse still is when someone adds you to their friends list and starts PMing you to group up...which you accept to be nice...then you realize that they wanted to group up just for the sake of grouping up and are on a completely different in-game continent to boot. No goal, no quest plans, just wanted to group up. If you're going to do that, take me off your friend list. Now.

This goes doubly for whenever somebody starts asking you to join their guild. "Oh hey, I know our first interaction was in this dungeon run, but you want to join my guild?" No, I do not. And don't bother trying to talk me into it, that will just make me angry. I'll be honest, the only purpose I see in a guild system is that it effectively streamlines the process of making a friends list, and that only holds true when you actually know your guild mates. You want me to join because we completed one quest together? Yeah...no. I don't know you and just because of that nearly flippant guild request I don't like you. It's not quite as bad as seeing "Guild X is looking for new members" spammed in General chat, but for me it's close.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Asita said:
*RandomStranger3256 has invited you to join a guild. Would you like to join?*
*RandomUser42 has invited you to join a group. Would you like to join?*

If your first interaction with me is a group request (and not of the "lfg for___" variety) then I don't want anything to do with you. Worse still is when someone adds you to their friends list and starts PMing you to group up...which you accept to be nice...then you realize that they wanted to group up just for the sake of grouping up and are on a completely different in-game continent to boot. No goal, no quest plans, just wanted to group up. If you're going to do that, take me off your friend list. Now.

This goes doubly for whenever somebody starts asking you to join their guild. "Oh hey, I know our first interaction was in this dungeon run, but you want to join my guild?" No, I do not. And don't bother trying to talk me into it, that will just make me angry. I'll be honest, the only purpose I see in a guild system is that it effectively streamlines the process of making a friends list, and that only holds true when you actually know your guild mates. You want me to join because we completed one quest together? Yeah...no. I don't know you and just because of that nearly flippant guild request I don't like you. It's not quite as bad as seeing "Guild X is looking for new members" spammed in General chat, but for me it's close.
^ This for me too. Nothing is more annoying then starting up a new character and getting spammed with that god forsaken addon on Warcraft that automatically picks up people that aren't in a guild. It spams and spams hard!

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
In GTA Online, the people who hide in their houses when they have a bounty on them. Nice way to be boring, stranger!
And people in TDM games who don't respawn immediately so for a few seconds we're a man down. This sounds dumb but when it's about numbers, like for example GTA Online, it'd be really great if they'd hurry up and respawn so the enemy doesn't have a huge advantage.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Make me watch their characters intro especially if its Law, Kazuya or Lili i.e the extremely good online characters that are made even better in lag (actually Lili is ok offline to deal with) lets just skip to the fight already and you can do your ridiculously safe (in lag) high damage and priority moves (note:85% of matches will be against these characters 10% will be against Paul and the other 5% will be against any of the other characters). Im using Tekken Revolution here as its rampant in that but this could apply to any fighter.

The other thing is taunting after the match when its extremely laggy that annoys the crap out of me if its smooth I dont care feel free to do whatever.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
When im playing an objective based game/mode and everyone on my team is focused purely on kills.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
This applies to any online turn-based game (especially Hearthstone).
If you're losing, don't just stall on your turn. I shouldn't have to wait for your timer to run out while you just sit there twiddling your thumbs simply because I'm kicking your ass at a card game.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
Condescending people on multiplayer games. They place themselves on a pedestal because they have had a few good games, and just assume everyone else is worse then them. Although these people can be pretty hilarious to prod at the right times.

Non-English speakers who only know derogatory English words like noob.

People who talk a lot/ask a lot of questions.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Good old EU West players in League. Let me give you all a lesson in English mmk? When you're feeding the enemy Riven relentlessly and you want to express how lost this game is please do not go "We loose, gg fed Riven is loose"

Fuck off. Too many people make this mistake and i'm starting to think they do it just to annoy me...

EyeReaper said:
If you're losing, don't just stall on your turn. I shouldn't have to wait for your timer to run out while you just sit there twiddling your thumbs simply because I'm kicking your ass at a card game.
Ever considered that they're trying to make optimal use of their cards to turn the game around so they need the time? Stalling for time on Hearthstone especially is really not much of an issue because the automatic turn end is really short. You ever played Magic 2014 or any past installments? Now THAT is ridiculous. The turn only skips into the next phase and often the game breaks and doesn't auto skip at all.

Maximum Bert said:
Make me watch their characters intro especially if its Law, Kazuya or Lili i.e the extremely good online characters that are made even better in lag (actually Lili is ok offline to deal with) lets just skip to the fight already and you can do your ridiculously safe (in lag) high damage and priority moves (note:85% of matches will be against these characters 10% will be against Paul and the other 5% will be against any of the other characters). Im using Tekken Revolution here as its rampant in that but this could apply to any fighter.
But character intros are so cool! I'll watch yours if you watch mine! To be honest character intros in BlazBlue especially are one of the highlights of the whole game for me. Tell me the intros between two NOL members isn't really freakin' badass.

Though if you have a Lambda-11 in the game i'll grant you an exception... They're all so long and don't really go anywhere. Although a Lambda/Mu fight has like a 15 second opening if you let it run, I like that one, They take the time to speak robot to each other and throw plot words around.

"Dimensional Boundary Interface Mu, confirmed. Target data... Corrupted"

"Dimensional Boundary Interface Link, Number Eleven. Anti Sankishin Core Unit Lambda... Confirmed"

I've seen about two other people who let this run. You people can't appreciate a good opening can you?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Playing a game with RPG elements and the other player(s) spend more time in a menu/shop than in combat.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
A very minor one is people who don't say hi or something of that effect when they enter a group. I don't demand people be chatty, I'm not particularly chatty myself but a greeting just seem like courtesy to me. Also people who don't reply when you ask if everyone good to go even though they are or people who don't tell you they need time to do something. If you don't reply I don't know if the reason you didn't reply is because you are ignoring the group chat completely or you are sorting something out (inventory, build, repairs ect).

People who send you guild invites, group invites (unless it hub specifically for players to wait for a group for a particular dungeon or from a LFG I posted) or friend requests without ever having talked or done anything with you. If I don't know you I'm not joining your guild.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
EyeReaper said:
Ever considered that they're trying to make optimal use of their cards to turn the game around so they need the time? Stalling for time on Hearthstone especially is really not much of an issue because the automatic turn end is really short. You ever played Magic 2014 or any past installments? Now THAT is ridiculous. The turn only skips into the next phase and often the game breaks and doesn't auto skip at all.
I'm fine with a turn lasting long, that's not my complaint. I'm talking about the times when say, all their mana is depleted, or they don't have cards in their hand, and they still want to just let the timer burn away because next turn they're going to die. Just seems unsportsmanlike to me
And no, I spend wayy too much money on Magic cards irl to even think about buying online versions.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Well, to be fair it isn't a small issue a lot of the time, but I am sick and fucking tired of people complaining about lag. I'm playing Warframe at the moment, which is co-op, so it isn't that big of a deal except when you're me and you commonly get lag so bad that doors won't open and you can't progress or enemies warp around standing still instead of moving and shooting and you have to set your ping limit to No Limit because anything lower will not find a game 90% of the time. Now, when I or someone decent gets that kind of lag, we go "Hey guys, sorry I've got really bad lag, I'll look for another session". What every other asshat does is, for lesser levels of lag, say "OMG lag so bad lol :)", which causes the host to feel guilty and go "Oh, sorry man, (country of origin) internet" like it's all their fault, and then the other guy responds "lol its ok but if its still bad imma d/c". Then everyone shuts up and tolerates the ************ while they complete the mission, or get left high and dry halfway through.

But what is even worse was on Armored Core Verdict Day. I like to think of myself as a good sport. I will accept defeats even when they are due to lag, because guess what, it is server based. EVERYONE has the fucking lag. Part of the reason I've stopped playing it is people who talk themselves up, and are fine to play with while they win, but when they lose, they don't abuse you or anything, but what they do every time is reply to your "gg" with "haha dat lag :D" or "but so laggy D:". Which to be honest pisses me off orders of magnitude more than any ad hominem attack. You think I didn't have a few shots not register? You think I didn't boost into that blade attack because I though you were on the other side of me? You think we don't both deal with the same shit and that I am somehow using it to my advantage against you? Fuck you.

Gergar12_v1legacy

Aug 17, 2012
Mass Effect 3 low n7 ratings with crap weapons think their entitled to being carried by the team. Let me remind you that mass effect 3's multiplayer has things on it's easiest level that could bring down your shield In less than 3 seconds, and oh and you cant take cover because back then that was what people did,and bioware got mad that people were successful-your not going to pay for micro-transactions on a game your good at. It's insane, then they call me an elitist for stating that, and or kicking them. Sorry but in the game your weapons, and health, and level DO matter as you can't dodge crap in this game, your always exposed, and if you try to bring down an enemy with a pea shooter you become more exposed.

Rant over.

Karl Gopnik

Aug 23, 2013
Let's see...

People who 'help' me with kills in MMOs. It doesn't hurt anything, but honestly, if I needed help, you'd see me running away from whatever's trying to spread me across a square mile of local terrain.

The random social requests mentioned above.

Getting propositioned. I get hit with this a lot because I make a lot of characters and use all of them, and I generally keep the list 50/50 with a coin flip for odd numbers. I'll never forget the time I got hit on in Runescape because I was wearing the Black Robe bottom for the defense scores. I should have accepted the ring first, though.

Constant PvP requests. I have more than enough PvP-focused games and they're going to be better at it. And I have better things to do than help you inflate your ego.

Drama. If I need to say anything more, you haven't experienced it.