Smallest thing online players annoy you with?

Karl Gopnik

Aug 23, 2013
Just remembered two!
First one is blatant abuse of power.
Another anecdote:
A while back, I played S4 League. I got into an argument with another player who had a huge, throbbing, tumorous ego, and she wouldn't shut up. Round ends, she's crowing about having a higher score than I did and how that makes her right, when the room owner leaves. In this game, ownership simply cedes to someone else, no problems. It goes to her, and her first action? Booting me from the room.

And the second is sort of from the above anecdote; people determining who's correct in an argument that has nothing to do with the game with PvP. "I beat you, so now two plus two equals five. SAY IT."

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Phoenixmgs said:
People that run sniper because 99% of people that run sniper don't know how to snipe.
I run sniper weapons in both Battlefield 4 and Planetside 2 but, I'd argue, I don't actually snipe. I basically use them as though they were assault rifles at very close ranges and, much to my delight, to fairly great effect. People who actually try to snipe in either game (as in, stand very far away and shoot people) are almost never effective as all they manage to do is kill other snipers.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Phoenixmgs said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Phoenixmgs said:
People that run sniper because 99% of people that run sniper don't know how to snipe.
Obviously it's all about the pro dragscopes and quickly switching to your secondary after every shot.

u mad cuz bad bro
You're talking to the wrong guy. I'm literally the only player on Ghost Recon Future Soldier that runs sniper in squad matches on PS3 or 360. Sniping requires expert map knowledge as you have to know every shooting lane and you have to have just great aim to be a good sniper. Being a good sniper requires aggressive play like quickscoping and dragscoping when needed, and I'm not talking about abusing COD's aim-assist to do it, I'm talking about being able to do such things without aim-assist. At least 50% of people that run sniper in online games camp their own spawn and only help their own team get spawn camped and lose, they don't even try to win the game. The other 49% just don't have the aim, the map knowledge, or just go for kills and don't even cover the key pathways to the objective. In short, sniper is the most skilled class to run and everyone, for whatever reason, thinks they are some elite sniper. I play sniper more aggressive than most play with assault rifles and I can carry the team running sniper while getting the most kills.
No need to toot your own horn. I play a lot of sniper myself, plus all my hours as Sniper on TF2. I was just making a funny.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
# Players that like to proclaim "Easy" at the end of a match/map.

# Players that like to say "OMG fucking noob team" when they have the highest negative net on the team and very few kills/shoot at you despite being on the same team.

# Players that expect you to know the in's and out's of a game you've barely played and bombard you with terms and nomenclature you've never heard of, and then call you a troll and say that they've reported you.

Fuck you, minority of the LoL community.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
VanQ said:
LFR players in WoW that refuse to learn an encounter before they queue for a raid. Not everyone has time to wipe over and over again waiting for you to haul your ass to the back of the group so that Flames of Galakrond don't wipe the raid. These people are bad enough.

Then you have people in LFR that simply refuse to learn the encounter even though they've been wiping on it the last hour or so. When your tank refuses to position himself so that Ashen Wall doesn't one shot every raid member as they're forced to pass through it to follow the boss. These assholes are also arrogant as fuck. "Well, some of us have a life and don't have time to learn how to do every boss perfectly, nerd." They'll say. Yet these are the fuckwits that just sat in the raid for the last 2 hours as we wiped until the Perserverance buff broke the encounter for the group.

If you don't have the time for learning an encounter but you have the time to cause wipe after wipe then you're an ass that's holding back the people that don't actually have the time to wipe. Some people hope to get in and out of LFR quickly, either because we genuinely don't have the time to be there for hours or the only reason we're in LFR is because Blizzard forces us to have to pass through it so we have enough gear for normal/flex modes.

It take 3 minutes to look up and read your role in any given encounter on google. Stop being a jackass and be informed before you queue.
I know right?

I mean I've nothing against new players and I believe in learning by doing and all that jazz but if I jump into an LFR on one of my alts and the tank says something along the lines of "First time here, what do I do?" my usual response is "Learn the fight" and then leave after a wipe or two. Bloody infuriates me when people won't even be arsed to look up a guide or something.

Oh, and people who don't release after they die and just sit there typing "rez pls" over and over. Fuck those guys.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Eclectic Dreck said:
Phoenixmgs said:
I run sniper weapons in both Battlefield 4 and Planetside 2 but, I'd argue, I don't actually snipe. I basically use them as though they were assault rifles at very close ranges and, much to my delight, to fairly great effect. People who actually try to snipe in either game (as in, stand very far away and shoot people) are almost never effective as all they manage to do is kill other snipers.
Exactly, people don't know how to play aggressively as a sniper, which is what you have to do in online shooters. Most sniper rifles in online shooters function just like a semi-auto assault rifle, use the sniper rifle as such. I play more aggressive as a sniper than most players play with an assault rifle. In Ghost Recon Future Soldier (GRFS), the sniper rifles in that game actually perform best at medium range, not long range. Players just don't get things; for example, in GRFS, if you snipe while stuck to cover (using the cover system), you get a lot more bullet dispersion than if you just stand behind cover and move out to shoot. As a sniper, you have to know every little thing about the game and gun mechanics to do well.

Karl Gopnik

Aug 23, 2013
Oh, people who refuse to pick you up in Firefall if you're bleeding out. They're few and far between, but there.
For them what don't play Firefall: A recent gear revamp makes items lose durability if you die, and both repairs and buying new items are expensive. Any frame type can pick you back up. It used to be a common courtesy sort of thing, but now it's vital if you don't want to be yelled at and called out in Zone chat.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Considering my limited experience with multiplayer, the only thing I can think of was this one time in Dark Souls when I was summoned to aid someone and right outside the fog barrier to the boss, he sat there, goofed around for awhile, doing gestures and other random stuff and then booted me from the stage.

Sep 14, 2009
superpandasauras said:
Also, in TF2, those assholes who taunt after every kill. It is literally the douchiest thing you can do other than actually cleaning a vagina.
you know, this actually kinda bugs me sometimes too. Most of the time it is an extremely random/lucky crit shot that it happens on, and them taunting makes it look like it was all skill....

GOD DAMMIT IT WAS NOT, JUST TAKE YOUR BLOODY LUCKY CRIT AND CONTINUE PLAYING.

That is the one satisfaction I get seeing spies on the field, they usually clean up anyone stupid enough to stand and taunt after a kill, easy backstabs are easy.

Karl Gopnik

Aug 23, 2013
Saying 'GG' after getting steamrolled. Sorry, it wasn't a good game in the least if we couldn't get out of spawn, or got locked out of the objective, or just couldn't do whatever we had to do to, y'know, play the damn game. I actually apologize if I'm on the team doing the steamrolling.
But, I, uh... no, I don't stop.

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
Most recently, it's in Garden Warfare, when team members have ample time to revive each other, but don't. Be a team player!

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
*I win the fight at a power weapon*

*Teammate who didn't do a thing walks up and takes weapon as I'm going for it*

*Teammate either runs towards enemy, dies and gifts them the weapon or wastes every shot*

Feels like I've got a goddamn saboteur on my team.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Team stacking in FPS online games always bugged me. Especially the chest thumping and bragging that comes along with it. In fact, boasting in any way when you had an unfair advantage burns me up.

Nata-chan

Mar 11, 2014
Only going from MMOs:

I hate guild/legion request spammers. Or people who just randomly message you because you are a particular class and say "hey come do this for me". It's like 'I don't know you, why the hell would I use up all my stuff to save your skinny butt?' *snaps fingers*

People who judge. I had one guy who was evaluating the armour on all the members of his PUG. Sure, I'll take some constructive criticism and points for advice, but this guy was a complete and utter d-bag about it. He starts ripping into everyone how their armour (which they obviously find adequate for the job) is terrible and of course, not as good as his...

People aren't so helpful now as they used to be online IMO. :( When someone asked a question in chat, you'd get about a 60-40% ratio of 'helpful answers' and 'yo mama'. Now, it's either all 'yo mama', gold spammers, or crickets. Groups don't chat anymore, they just do, and the tank will bark orders to everyone. I get we are all supposed to be an organised machine to do this dungeon, but it's still a game people. If I wanted to have no conversation while sneaking about and be barked orders at, I'd join the REAL military. Lighten up, it's not like the bad guys can hear you when you chat...

Generally I hate people. But my biggest gripe about people online and off, is when they can't organise themselves to do anything! Seriously people, it's not that hard to organise a group to do a small dungeon raid (like a 6 man). Or when it's like 'oh we are just waiting for bladiblah', 'where's he?', *check map* oh he's off questing in another zone and isn't bothered that we are all waiting around like idiots.

ugh, you've gone and angried up my bones with this thread... >.<

Nata-chan

Mar 11, 2014
Suave Charlie said:
*I win the fight at a power weapon*

*Teammate who didn't do a thing walks up and takes weapon as I'm going for it*

*Teammate either runs towards enemy, dies and gifts them the weapon or wastes every shot*

Feels like I've got a goddamn saboteur on my team.
Sounds like you do. :(

I've always thought that people who roll on epic loot that is no use to their character are a bit greedy. Yeah I get the whole twink thing... but still...

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
EASILY People in Dota2 who should be playing on servers in their country, not in mine.

Put it this way; I'm in Australia, I use English AU servers because Dota2 is a heavy team-oriented game. If I'm playing with say 2-3/5 Russians, from Russia, on an AU server not only is the lag affecting all of us, but the language barrier is so insane, you have to guess what they're saying or doing, because all they do is ping 20,000 times on you and make you go "what the hell is he wanting me to do?"

Point is, why the hell do you have it set on a foreign language, in a location the polar opposite of the world to you, just to get into a game 30 seconds earlier only to ruin it for yourself and others?

TheJayke

Oct 22, 2010
People who refuse to skip cutscenes/replays in games like Fifa...

I don't want to watch your very average goal from a corner 3 times from multiple angles, and why do you want to watch it? It's boring...

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
ways to piss me off on online play

1. singing or playing music over the mic. its distraction and obnoxious and it just makes me want to shoot you with a nail gun...

2. TF2 players who harrass or come after me or my friends because we are bronies and have MLP names/sprays we are not even talking about the show or anything we just want to shoot people. its bullying and its not ok at any age or for any reason

3. mic abuse. cursing or general chatter is ok but don't monplise voice chat telling some random long ass story unrelated to the game.

4. people who use hacks/cheats if you want to do that crap in one player games fine just dont freaking ruin the game for everyone else

5. when there are 4+ snipers on my team during a TF2 game and no engies or medics

6. afkers who dont warn or return