Smash Bros. Fan With Early Copy Streams Gameplay, Leaks Characters - Update

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Smash Bros. Fan With Early Copy Streams Gameplay, Leaks Characters - Update

Super Smash Bros. streamer Yushako is currently live streaming his early copy of the 3DS game.

Before you go any further, be warned that this post contains very heavy spoilers!

Update 2: Yushako has unlocked Jigglypuff and R.O.B, fully completing the roster (at least for now).

Update: Yushako has just unlocked Bowser Jr., and it looks like his alternate costumes are actually all seven of the Koopalings.

Original Story: A twitch.tv streamer [http://www.twitch.tv/yushako] by the name of Yushako was lucky enough to nab a copy of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS a couple days early, and has decided to stream is experience for the rest of us, showing off the game's gameplay, and spoiling just about every "secret" character.

First up, that complete list of leaked characters [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137043-Super-Smash-Bros-3DS-Leaked-Video-Reveals-Three-Characters] we saw pop up early looks like it will turn out to be completely true, as all of the characters it leaked have been among the characters revealed by Yushako. So far, they include:

Duck Hunt Dog
Wario
Gannondorf
Ness
Falco
Mr. Game and Watch
Bowser Jr.
Black Pit
Jigglypuff
R.O.B

He also revealed a couple of new stages, such as a retro F-Zero stage, and an EarthBound-themed stage.

Be sure to check out his stream [http://www.twitch.tv/yushako], which he should be running until he either falls asleep... or Nintendo shuts it down.

Source: Twitch [http://www.twitch.tv/yushako]

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Stream has been flagged, but I think this is confirmation of the leak a month ago.

I really wanna know how Duck Hunt Dog plays...

And Man

May 12, 2014
Really wanna see how Duck Hunt Dog plays, but sadly my workplace has re-blocked Twitch (it used to be blocked, then for some reason it became unblocked for a couple of months, then about a week ago it became blocked again)

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Duck Hunt Dog, brilliant stuff. I wouldn't mind seeing another Duck Hunt game, get a new Zapper and have it up on the big screen!

And Man

May 12, 2014
Fasckira said:
Duck Hunt Dog, brilliant stuff. I wouldn't mind seeing another Duck Hunt game, get a new Zapper and have it up on the big screen!
Now that you mention it, I'm pretty surprised they didn't do this with the Wii

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
Now, who else thinks that the final smash for Duck Hunt Dog will be essentially his game but shooting the other players?

MrPhyntch

Nov 4, 2009
Dammit. I knew he was a long shot because his series hasn't put out a good game in a long time, but I'm genuinely pissed that freaking Duck Hunt Dog beat Isaac (Golden Sun) as a playable character in Smash Bros.

Ah well, a man can dream. And there's always the hope for DLC...

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Zepherus14 said:
Now, who else thinks that the final smash for Duck Hunt Dog will be essentially his game but shooting the other players?
From what I read (on VGChartz) His Final Smash is a Group of Ducks flying Up in a V Pattern, followed by a bunch of Wild Gunmen (From the NES Shooter Wild Gunman [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Gunman]), shooting whoever remains on the ground.

And from Gameplay I watched on Youtube, Duck Hunt Dog pretty much has a bunch of shout outs to NES Shooters that used the Zapper (Makes sense, since he was the first game)...

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
Mr.Mattress said:
Zepherus14 said:
From what I read (on VGChartz) His Final Smash is a Group of Ducks flying Up in a V Pattern, followed by a bunch of Wild Gunmen (From the NES Shooter Wild Gunman [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Gunman]), shooting whoever remains on the ground.

And from Gameplay I watched on Youtube, Duck Hunt Dog pretty much has a bunch of shout outs to NES Shooters that used the Zapper (Makes sense, since he was the first game)...
That's actually pretty good if that's the theme they are going with. But so help me, if his laugh isn't in there... someone's going to get a hurt real bad :O

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Nintendo must be pissed, what legal stuff can they hit him with? Also I wish he'd play the wii fit chick, she's cute.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
MrPhyntch said:
Dammit. I knew he was a long shot because his series hasn't put out a good game in a long time, but I'm genuinely pissed that freaking Duck Hunt Dog beat Isaac (Golden Sun) as a playable character in Smash Bros.

Ah well, a man can dream. And there's always the hope for DLC...
I'm more annoyed that Dark Pit is a character when he should have just been an alternate skin. Dr. Mario (if confirmed) and Lucina too.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
I just want another Sonic the Hedgehog character, please. Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik, I'll even settle for Amy or Shadow. Is that really too much to ask for?

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Mr.Mattress said:
Stream has been flagged, but I think this is confirmation of the leak a month ago.

Has it? I was just watching it a mere 10 minutes ago, and it's still going.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I honestly thought it was another TacoNews. I mean the duck hunt dog? That's just desperate. That's a whole new level of beating a dead horse, Nintendo. Why not have I Am Error? Or just the Nintendo logo?
The more I heat about this game, the less I like it.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Dragonbums said:
Mr.Mattress said:

Has it? I was just watching it a mere 10 minutes ago, and it's still going.
That's weird, when I first entered it it said "This Video has been flagged and is being reviewed".

But now it does appear to be re-airing, so the mess must have been fixed.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Silentpony said:
I honestly thought it was another TacoNews. I mean the duck hunt dog? That's just desperate. That's a whole new level of beating a dead horse, Nintendo. Why not have I Am Error? Or just the Nintendo logo?
The more I heat about this game, the less I like it.
So they're beating a horse by putting a character who was in one game in the past? Huh.