Smegging Hell! Here's the Poster for Red Dwarf X

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I kind of liked it better before Kryten joined, and Holly(?) was that guy.

"What's going on dudes".

It was better when they didn't take it so seriously in my opinion.

I still watched and liked every episode of every series though, looking forward to this, and it's on Dave!

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Smegging excellent! From what I've seen posted from following the official Facebook page of the show it's looking to be a great series, I just hope it's slightly less serious than Back To Earth was.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Can't wait, Red Dwarf is my favourite TV series of all time. I doubt this season will live up to it's predecessors but I still can't smegging wait.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
zumbledum said:
Moonlight Butterfly said:
/facepalm

Oh god why.

This was such a series of it's time... just let it die with dignity. :(
the last series and the return to earth took all that already . this is a shot at redemption!

and for the record the first 5 series were better sci fi than doctor who and a damn funny comedy to boot.
I love the show, I had a massive crush on Lister when I was younger rofl. It it just seems a bit much to drag it all out again especially when the last few attempts were a bit crap.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Why would you do that? The series made a comback once already a few years ago and it was crap. Granted, I'd argue that the last 2-3 seasons of the show's original run was crap as well, but whatever. The point is, whatever made the show great is long gone by this point and this is just milking nostalgia...

Tanis said:
What's next?

Babylon 5 and Lexx?
Farscape! :D

As for B5, there have been attempts to revive it. There was the spinoff Crusade, which was actually not bad and had decent ratings, but got screwed by TNT if I recall. Still, the 13 episode run that it did is a fun watch. Then there were the "Lost Tales" or whatever it was called; basically one-offs that happened after the last season ended. It had one double episode, half of which sucked and half of which was solid. Then there was the Legend of the Rangers, but less said about that the better...

I never did get around to watching Lexx, but I heard good things about it...

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
Unfortunately, the Back to Earth...erm, miniseries, I guess, was so terrible that I can't really dredge up any enthusiasm for this.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Finally, people will compliment me on my use of the word smeg and my fondness for curries and lager.

SnowBurst

Jul 2, 2012
SenseOfTumour said:
I can't say if it's better than Dr Who, as Dr Who is a sci fi show, whereas I agree with the writers when they say Red Dwarf is a 'sitcom that happens to be set in space'.

Let's just hope it's better than the mini series bit, that was kind of a disappointment.
two completely different genres mate, red dwarf is a comedy

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Oh great. I want to go on record saying that this will be a huge flop. That's coming from a Brit who loves Red Dwarf.

The last mini series Back to Earth was just awful, with the cast falling back on self referential humour which is absurd because the show itself is already parody of the sci-fi genre. All it showed us was the cast has grown old and the writers have nothing new left to give us.

Grey Carter said:
You may now begin the traditional "it is/isn't better than Doctor Who" arguments.
Your point is moot. The two shows are incomparable.

Brisingr

May 22, 2009
Oh my I do believe this news has me a little Tongue Tied...

In all seriousness, can't wait ^_^

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
GoaThief said:
You. You are the problem with the world! Seek medical help. This [http://reddwarf.wikia.com/wiki/Kristine_Kochanski_%28Series_I%29] is the real Korchanski.
What, you mean this Kochanski? I don't think I'm the one that needs medical help here...

Look, I'll grant you that Kochanski was just annoying as anything in series 8, as was everything series 8 in general, but I thought she worked quite well in 7. Overall I found 6 and 7 to be the best of the show.