Smell of videogames

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
YES.

Yes you are the ONLY person who both associates smells with games and is a psycho.

Nah I'm kidding, I don't but you've already been disproven. ^^

Oh wait, I lied. Lamb roast = Monster Hunter. I had no idea.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I have never smelled one, thankfully, but I would imagine Durians would remind me of Super Mario Sunshine purely as they are the reason I know what a Durian is.

If this were a "music that reminds you of a game" thread I would say that the first time I ever heard the album Jagged Little Pill by Alanis I was playing Doom at the time. It kinda worked.

Killing demons, listening to angry girl music for probably the first (certainly not the last) time was a pretty good afternoon.

Also when I hear "like the deserts miss the rain" or whatever its called I think of The Summoning (PC) as I played it the summer the song was popular and it played like constantly on the radio.

The Mortal Kombat movie soundtrack got played heavily quite some time after the movie came out and my friends and I played many games to it. Oddly we only played Mortal Kombat like 1 time. Ever. Wasn't that fun.

But Mario Kart 64? Turok? Tetris Attack? Lufia 2? Ahhhhh yeeeeah!

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Marzipan reminds me of Mass Effect. For some reason, which I have never experienced with any other game, my PC copy of Mass Effect smells quite strongly of marzipan. I thought I was going mental at first, I had to ask other people to verify it. Which in turn made other people think I was mental.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
I know exactly what you mean by smells reminding you of video games! The smell of air conditioning in a hot room takes me back to my hundreds of hours of playing Oblivion in my cramped room all through the summer a few years ago :D

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I do it a little differently; I'll encounter a smell and then try to associate it with a game character. For example, I reckon Mega-Man smells like a mechanic's workshop- axle grease and hot steel. Link smells like fresh earth and water with a faint hint of blood. De Blob smells like wet paint. Sackboy smells a little bit musty, combined with the smell of an arts and crafts room.