Smite Preview

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Smite Preview

What if you played DOTA from a third-person camera?

Read Full Article

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
It looks promising, that is if they are allowed to make it because it's SO offensive to religious figures.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
dragongit said:
It looks promising, that is if they are allowed to make it because it's SO offensive to religious figures.
I can tell you, the Hindu's bitching about Kali hasnt kept her out of the game, despite her being utterly broken last time i checked.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I've been playing this for about 2 weeks now and it's been pretty fun but could use a lot of balancing. Fun fact: I work across the street from the devs who made this.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
So I can finally scream 'IM A GOD OF HELL FIRE!!!' and be taken seriously?

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Okay I just... Anubis is not 'the god of the dead' he is the JUDGE of the dead. He decided which afterlife they got. Osiris is the actual god of the dead in the sense that he hangs around them all day.

Anyway, this game looks fun. Is it just PC? It looks like the sort of game I'd have more fun playing with my friends rather than PuGs. My friends are more console-oriented.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
It certainly looks interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. In the meantime, off to my top down MOBAs.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
gigastar said:
dragongit said:
I can tell you, the Hindu's bitching about Kali hasnt kept her out of the game, despite her being utterly broken last time i checked.
broken as in not working or broken as in horribly overpowered?

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Looks nice, I'm sure plays fine too... but I am sooooo deep in Tribes:Ascend to actually wanting to give ANY OTHER GAMES A TRY... sorry... Same company BTW..

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Lunar Templar said:
gigastar said:
dragongit said:
Horribly overpowered, her ultimate skill starts up very quickly and basically turns her into a walking blender for about 8 seconds. If she manages to stay in melee range of any player thats not a tank class then that player is effectively dead, ways to escape being few and character specific.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
It held my attention for a couple games but I doubt I'll be going back to it anytime soon, balance has already been mentioned but my largest issue with it is it just isn't as engaging as I thought it would be.

Maybe it's because I'm not Hi-Rez's biggest fan, I don't even like tribes ascend (i'll probably get some flak for that one) and despite the characters being interesting there just aren't enough of them, which also drastically increases the time it takes to unlock a single character.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
gigastar said:
Lunar Templar said:
gigastar said:
dragongit said:
Horribly overpowered, her ultimate skill starts up very quickly and basically turns her into a walking blender for about 8 seconds. If she manages to stay in melee range of any player thats not a tank class then that player is effectively dead, ways to escape being few and character specific.
ah, how is she other then broken though? i might want to main her if i get that game just to piss off the hindus :p

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Game is definitely good, I enjoy it. I could never get into LoL or other DOTA games because I can't stand strategy/isometric style games on a competitive level. That and I suck at them. This game I find myself doing much better in because i'm relying on my own movements and reflexes as opposed to rapidly clicking everywhere.

There are certainly some problems right now. Some of the balancing is wacked out and some mechanics are difficult to get used to. For Example: Zues. He's a mage character that hits like a truck, granted that you can successfully stack 3 charges on your target. Detonate spell does fuck all if you have 1 or no charges on a target. Meaning you have to rely on your standard lightning bolt, or chain lightning. All of which feel like they have too long a cooldown, considering his damage is entirely reliant on stacking charges. Though when he works, boy does he work.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
gigastar said:
I was about to mention Kali actually. Every time I go up against her, no matter what, I get stomped. It feels like her damage output is FAAAR to high. If anything, the Hindus should be happy that their god is incredibly OP :p.

Edit: I don't think I'd care about Kali's damage output so much if it didn't seem like she moved faster than everyone else.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Lunar Templar said:
gigastar said:
Lunar Templar said:
gigastar said:
dragongit said:
ah, how is she other then broken though? i might want to main her if i get that game just to piss off the hindus :p
Well she is an assassin class character, meaning she is supposed to go into the forests off the main paths to sneak behind enemy lines and stab those squishy mages in the back, preferably with that utterly broken ultimate.

It bears mentioning, because of the third person view you cannot see someone sneaking up on you.

Other than that i think she was one of the fastest characters in the game without speed buffs and she has a absurdly high damage output, that being one of the things that makes her broken.

Keep in mind though, she is more than due for a nerf if Hi Rez ever get around to it.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
ace_of_something said:
Okay I just... Anubis is not 'the god of the dead' he is the JUDGE of the dead. He decided which afterlife they got. Osiris is the actual god of the dead in the sense that he hangs around them all day.

Anyway, this game looks fun. Is it just PC? It looks like the sort of game I'd have more fun playing with my friends rather than PuGs. My friends are more console-oriented.
Anubis is actually the Gatekeeper of the Underworld. Maat is the actual Goddess of Justice and Judgement. Your soul is weighed against her feather; if its light you get to hang with Osiris, if its heavier you get annihilated.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
walrusaurus said:
ace_of_something said:

Anubis is actually the Gatekeeper of the Underworld. Maat is the actual Goddess of Justice and Judgement. Your soul is weighed against her feather; if its light you get to hang with Osiris, if its heavier you get annihilated.
Either way! Still not right.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
ace_of_something said:
walrusaurus said:
ace_of_something said:

fair enough. ;)

I'm sure the final product will be rife with inaccuracies that will bug me to no end lol

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
walrusaurus said:
ace_of_something said:
walrusaurus said:
ace_of_something said:

fair enough. ;)

I'm sure the final product will be rife with inaccuracies that will bug me to no end lol
One of my oldest friends is a theology/ancient history professor. I'll have to show her this and listen to her rattle on with what's wrong.