SNES classic

Natemans

New member
Apr 5, 2017
681
0
0
So its been announced that they want to release a SNES classic.

I'd be happy if the NES classic wasn't discontinued nor bug me that its an obvious cash grab for nostalgia.
 

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
4,789
1
0
SNES Classic? Sure, why not. Compared to the NES, the SNES has the better library by far.

Wouldn't buy one tho, since I have a fully functional actual SNES with pretty much every game I want for it (the ones I don't have won't be on the Classic anyhow).
 

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
13,768
0
0
Sweet.

Time to buy as many as I can so I can resell them in six months for a massive profit.

Capitalism, ho!
 

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
14,105
1,075
118
If Nintendo manages to make more than 8 of them, I'd be very interested in a SNES Classic (assuming they learned their lesson and the cord is longer than a small child).

Obviously this is pending what games are on it and the price but I'm much more interested in a SNES version than I was in a NES version.
 

WeepingAngels

New member
May 18, 2013
1,722
0
0
CritialGaming said:
They will only make 12 of them and nobody will be able to buy it. I wonder how long nintendo will be able to do this to people....oh wait, nintendo fans are idiots that will support all stupid decisions by that company because Mario offers secret handjobs behind Papa John's.
So I got a warning for saying
ME said:
If you are about to go all SJW on me, I'm out.
in Religion and Politics. Apparently I was insulting someone, I am obviously disputing the warning. Still though, you flat out called many people idiots. You should be careful.

Anyway, yeah I saw many people complain that Nintendo discontinued the NES Classic and then in the same post begged for Nintendo to do it fans again by making an SNES Classic. I think they enjoy chasing products they cannot get.
 

WeepingAngels

New member
May 18, 2013
1,722
0
0
Ezekiel said:
I don't get the appeal. I can already play all the SNES games I want.
How? You already have all the SNES carts that you want, you already have all the SNES games you want on one of the virtual consoles? Some other way?
 

CritialGaming

New member
Mar 25, 2015
2,170
0
0
WeepingAngels said:
CritialGaming said:
They will only make 12 of them and nobody will be able to buy it. I wonder how long nintendo will be able to do this to people....oh wait, nintendo fans are idiots that will support all stupid decisions by that company because Mario offers secret handjobs behind Papa John's.
So I got a warning for saying
ME said:
If you are about to go all SJW on me, I'm out.
in Religion and Politics. Apparently I was insulting someone, I am obviously disputing the warning. Still though, you flat out called many people idiots. You should be careful.

Anyway, yeah I saw many people complain that Nintendo discontinued the NES Classic and then in the same post begged for Nintendo to do it fans again by making an SNES Classic. I think they enjoy chasing products they cannot get.
The difference is doing generalization of insults. Like "fans" versus you directly calling someone a name. It's like directly calling someone a racist versus a general statement of "All Trump supporters are blah blah blah yadda whatever"

Fact is people are pretty damn stupid when it comes to their fandoms. Developers and companies do shady shit and people defend those actions for no reason at all. Like in the case with Nintendo and their inability to make enough product for the demand. Or Bioware and the animation ka-fuckle. Or No Man's Sky.

It's an insult, but it isn't a direct insult so *shrug*.

Back OT, The classic emulator things are a great idea. But here's is my biggest problem with Nintendo's bullshit.

1. They actively persue people who host emulators and ROMs of their games. Many of which people couldn't buy if they wanted too.
2. They release an official Emulator with NES games that people are GLADLY willing to pay for.
3. But they only release a fucking trivial amount of them.
4. So now people who would pay for products can't because there is an artifcial scarcity of the item.

They do this over and over and over again, and people defend it. Amiibo's, Wii's, Wii U's, Switches, NES Classics. It's a cycle that they repeat over an over and over again and I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with them. Nor do I understand the fans that continue to put up with that shit.

Well actually I do, I understand that Nintendo has many people by the balls, and if those people want to get the games they love, they have to suck nintendo off, or nintendo wont release anything. Holding your fans hostage is not a good look for a company.
 

WeepingAngels

New member
May 18, 2013
1,722
0
0
CritialGaming said:
Well actually I do, I understand that Nintendo has many people by the balls, and if those people want to get the games they love, they have to suck nintendo off, or nintendo wont release anything. Holding your fans hostage is not a good look for a company.
First of all, I didn't call anyone an SJW, I just said 'If you are one and about to jump on the Trump hate train then I am out'. I just don't care enough about Trump to have a meaningful or interesting debate. I guess it's kinda nice though that calling someone an SJW is officially (according to Escapist mods) an insult.

OT: Nintendo doesn't have anyone by the balls who doesn't choose to be 'had'. Every game they are likely to release on an official emulator like the NES/SNES Classics is available on one of the Virtual Consoles. If fans don't want to go that route than go to a retro store (or online) and get the real carts. Nintendo has no one by the balls but they are often anti-consumer with all the artificial scarcity BS. Nintendo is 80% to blame and those fans who think they have to have Nintendo things are the other 20% of the blame. It's like a thief (80%) who breaks into unlocked cars and then people who defend the thief because the cars were unlocked (20%). Both are to blame for the thief's continued behavior.
 

CritialGaming

New member
Mar 25, 2015
2,170
0
0
WeepingAngels said:
CritialGaming said:
Well actually I do, I understand that Nintendo has many people by the balls, and if those people want to get the games they love, they have to suck nintendo off, or nintendo wont release anything. Holding your fans hostage is not a good look for a company.
First of all, I didn't call anyone an SJW, I just said 'If you are one and about to jump on the Trump hate train then I am out'. I just don't care enough about Trump to have a meaningful or interesting debate. I guess it's kinda nice though that calling someone an SJW is officially (according to Escapist mods) an insult.

OT: Nintendo doesn't have anyone by the balls who doesn't choose to be 'had'. Every game they are likely to release on an official emulator like the NES/SNES Classics is available on one of the Virtual Consoles. If fans don't want to go that route than go to a retro store (or online) and get the real carts. Nintendo has no one by the balls but they are often anti-consumer with all the artificial scarcity BS. Nintendo is 80% to blame and those fans who think they have to have Nintendo things are the other 20% of the blame. It's like a thief (80%) who breaks into unlocked cars and then people who defend the thief because the cars were unlocked (20%). Both are to blame for the thief's continued behavior.
But we aren't talking about theivary here. We are talking about people literally telling Nintendo, "Hey we wanna buy these things from you, please make them." And Nintendo going, "Nah, money is stupid and we hate it."
 

WeepingAngels

New member
May 18, 2013
1,722
0
0
CritialGaming said:
WeepingAngels said:
CritialGaming said:
Well actually I do, I understand that Nintendo has many people by the balls, and if those people want to get the games they love, they have to suck nintendo off, or nintendo wont release anything. Holding your fans hostage is not a good look for a company.
First of all, I didn't call anyone an SJW, I just said 'If you are one and about to jump on the Trump hate train then I am out'. I just don't care enough about Trump to have a meaningful or interesting debate. I guess it's kinda nice though that calling someone an SJW is officially (according to Escapist mods) an insult.

OT: Nintendo doesn't have anyone by the balls who doesn't choose to be 'had'. Every game they are likely to release on an official emulator like the NES/SNES Classics is available on one of the Virtual Consoles. If fans don't want to go that route than go to a retro store (or online) and get the real carts. Nintendo has no one by the balls but they are often anti-consumer with all the artificial scarcity BS. Nintendo is 80% to blame and those fans who think they have to have Nintendo things are the other 20% of the blame. It's like a thief (80%) who breaks into unlocked cars and then people who defend the thief because the cars were unlocked (20%). Both are to blame for the thief's continued behavior.
But we aren't talking about theivary here. We are talking about people literally telling Nintendo, "Hey we wanna buy these things from you, please make them." And Nintendo going, "Nah, money is stupid and we hate it."
It's true but there is more to it than that. Nintendo saves money by being ultra conservative with manufacturing and not doing proper market research and I believe that is where this scarcity usually comes from. Nintendo fans defending them and also begging for more of the same is only encouraging Nintendo to keep it up.

I thought earlier you said:
nintendo fans are *the type* that will support all stupid decisions
So why are we disagreeing now that Nintendo fans are partially to blame for Nintendo's continued anti-consumer behavior?
 

Yoshi178

New member
Aug 15, 2014
2,108
0
0
Natemans said:
So its been announced that they want to release a SNES classic.

I'd be happy if the NES classic wasn't discontinued nor bug me that its an obvious cash grab for nostalgia.
it's only a rumor.

no it hasn't been announced at all. get your facts right OP.
 

CritialGaming

New member
Mar 25, 2015
2,170
0
0
WeepingAngels said:
It's true but there is more to it than that. Nintendo saves money by being ultra conservative with manufacturing and not doing proper market research and I believe that is where this scarcity usually comes from. Nintendo fans defending them and also begging for more of the same is only encouraging Nintendo to keep it up.

I thought earlier you said:
nintendo fans are *the type* that will support all stupid decisions
So why are we disagreeing now that Nintendo fans are partially to blame for Nintendo's continued anti-consumer behavior?
I understand manufacturing cost, and I don't blame Nintendo for doing a conservative number of the consoles. But once the things sold out in seconds, any reasonable business would produce more. But Nintendo doesn't (at least not for Amiibos and the Classics), they just stop making them.

Think of it this way, if I make a product that I'm unsure that will sell it is reasonable that I'll only make a limited number of them. Say 10,000. But if that product sells out almost instantly and people clammor for me to make more, I wouldn't shake my head and say no. I'd make more.

Why sell 10,000 units when I can sell 100,000 units? 250,000?

Would you like a million dollars or ten million dollars?

THAT! is what doesn't make sense to me. They clearly have the production capability, so that isn't an excuse. It isn't parts, it isn't even production cost. There is literally NO REASON to have not made more.

And I can promise you. IF they do an SNES version, it will be just as rare. Not only that but depending on the games they put on the system, it might even have a HIGHER demand. I mean if they stuck Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, on this thing. I'd pay 50 bucks just for that. Nevermind any other titles they put on it.