-snip-

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
1: 2142 Titan Mode. My Titan is 2 or 3 missiles away from catastrophic failure on the Suez Canal. Their shields have just gone down, and I give my squad an order to board their Titan even though we only have 2 silos. We use pods to get on and start thrashing their ship, almost no resistance. We take out half the consoles before they know we're there, and I only die once. We breach the reactor room and storm in, still just my squad, no one else. My Recons place their explosives, my Engineers shoot their rockets, and the Support and Assault (me) do our thing. The reactor is about to fail, and I turn around and fire my shotgun attachment at it. TITAN DESTRUCTOR BADGE (IIRC that's what it's called.) We haul ass out of there, the entire thing took under 5 minutes.

2: Halo, Assault on the Control Room. That part right after you get the tank, where the Wraith and Banshee attack you, if you shoot a rocket at the platform right around the corner you can knock the Banshee down and use it for the rest of the level. Badass, huh?

the_carrot

Nov 8, 2007
A good moment I had pretty recently playing Team Fortress 2. The clock signaled the beginning of the round on CP Well, I was playing Pyro, and both teams launched into try to grab the middle control point, someone, either a demo or a soldier got a glancing blow with one of their projectiles and I got thrown out one of the doors, one of the doors the opposing team would use to get in. I hopped in the water and swam back to the point, coming up behind their team, everyone on their team was on the point trying to cap it, I came up behind them and set the entire team on fire, what a gas.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
PurpleRain said:
GenHellspawn said:
Killing The Master (fallout) without using any freinds or power armor.

That, my friends, is how it's done.
Easy. Blow up the nuck below his base. Boom! You don't even have to kill anyone.
I meant actually walking up to him and shooting him in the face.
Nukes are for wussys.

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
Quoted by EzraPound
Definitely when I beat DOOM II on Nightmare without dying once.

LIES! Or HACKS! Seriously, that's a bloody achievement worth mentioning! Congrats to you.

One of the only ones I can think of right now was during what I THINK was my first time on the map cp_floodzone_final on TF2. I was completely new to it, so I wasn't really trying to capture any points or anything, I decided to be a sniper and just...snipe. I was playing against my cousin, we were having a sort of 1 on 1 snipe off, and there was a long period where I was getting nothing but headshots on him, one after another after another...it was awe-inspiring if i may say so myself!

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
GenHellspawn said:
PurpleRain said:
GenHellspawn said:
Killing The Master (fallout) without using any freinds or power armor.

That, my friends, is how it's done.
Easy. Blow up the nuck below his base. Boom! You don't even have to kill anyone.
I meant actually walking up to him and shooting him in the face.
Nukes are for wussys.
Well I have to admit, without Power Armour he would be one tough nut to crack. Especialy with that never ending spawning tide of nightkin. My hat goes off to you sir. I've killed him with a crowbar once. I wanted to be like Gordon Freeman.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
Me and my brother, halo 3 co-op legendary. Re-arming the bomb. We break into the bomb room, well aimed stickies clear out more of the brutes on the floor. I jump, land on the bomb, as my brother throws a wonky grenade, landing right behind me. Brute on the balcont in front of me, I jump, then the grenade detonates behind me, throwing me up into the air in a perfect arc. The arc peaks and I begin to fall, at this point I'm at the balcony. Proper slam-dunk effect with the sticky onto the brute's head and drop down just short of the balcony, clearing me of the blast. Utterly accidental, but pretty cool.

Nintendofrog

Jan 21, 2008
Not to long ago, actually, I was playing a Halo zombies match on Construct and I was the last man standing. So, I'm by where sword spawns, and they decide it's a jam diddy fantastic time to rush me. So, there I am, 12 zombies rushing at me, what do I do?

Easy, I BR every one of them.

But that wasn' where it ended, oh no. Then they spawn again, and do it again. But my BR was out of ammo, so I have to use my AR. They get me 30 seconds after I became the LMS...

...but not before I can accumulate 25 kills, andd a pretty Killionaire medal.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
While we're on the topic of Halo I have a bad joke to share. Like real bad.
What award do you get when you get 15 kills in 10 seconds with the flam-thrower?
HOLOCAUST

Phantom6

Dec 31, 2007
In DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, I did a 5-on-1 survival battle, against Ultimate Gohan, Super Vegito, Majuub, Super 17, and SS4 Gogeta, in the Time Chamber, with all 5 of them set to the highest difficulty level. And I won using Videl. That was just plain beautiful.

I once played through Paper Mario with my eyes closed in every battle.

In Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, I beat the Black Knight before my second movement phase.

I completed Ocarina of Time (and by completed, I mean every Heart Piece, Gold Skulltula, everything) in 2 days. Not 48 hours worth of play time, 2 days. And I slept quite normally on those days.

In Pokemon Diamond, I beat the Champion with a team of 5, all below level 50, none of which were named Dialga, and without trading with anyone or hacking. And on top of that, one of those 5 was a Skuntank.

I got every emblem in Sonic Adventure 2.

I completed the Collection screen in Baten Kaitos Origins.

In Super Smash Bros. Melee, I got 515 KOs on a run of Endless Melee using Roy.

I also pulled off No-Damage Clear with Mewtwo.

And to cap it all...290 TROPHIES IN SSBM.

lionusprime

Nov 20, 2007
Well, there was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBY6mlvB9B4

Not so much epic in terms of skill or anything, but I'm still rather proud of it.
And there's also a long list of Final Fantasy based achievements:

Beating Emerald and Ruby weapon in FFVII with my party's average level at 52. Wasn't really that hard, I used magic plus materia on everyone and mimed KotR.
Beating Omega Weapon in FFVIII without using Selphie's 'The End' limit or any Holy Wars or Heroes. Again, not that hard - if you're good enough at it, you can down him using 5 of Zell's limit.
Beating Ozma in FFIX with an average party level of 1. This one was quite difficult: I got everyone virused at the earliest chance I had to prevent level ups. Then I got Lv.5 Death with Quina and used it to kill 9999 Grand Dragons, making sure to use Steal once against every one, and I then also made sure to get 99 frogs from the marshes with Quina. I used Dragon's Crest with Freya (1 point of damage for every dragon you've killed = 9999 damage), Thievery with Zidane (1 point of damage for each time you've used steal = 9999 damage) and Frog Drop with Quina (with 99 frogs in you inventory, it does 9999 damage). I brought Dagger along for revival purposes, but she didn't prove necessary. It only got to use one move, and that was Doomsday, which all my party members were equipped to absorb. 50,000 hp goes down fast if your characters are dealing a grand total of 29,997 per turn.
Beating Penance in FFX without ever using the sphere grid. I may have cheated and summon Yojimbo, paying him 10 million gil to ensure he used Zanmato, but I still did it.

HyperReaper33

Feb 3, 2008
Hmm.

I can't remember most of my epicness, but one recent one was maxing out all but one (Onion Knight...) job on every character in Final Fantasy III in the middle of the game.

'Twas HARD.

EkimRis

Feb 7, 2008
Mine is definitely during a game of Warcraft III with two friends. It was an arranged team 3v3 and one of my mates was promptly rushed and taken out early in the game. Knowing I was next and knowing me and my remaining teammate couldn't defend I quickly creeped a nearby gold mine and began to build an expansion. The enemy army appeared, destroyed my base and began to move towards our remaining player: a human. This is where the human base showed its true power, my friend had 6 mortars, 4 towers and a nice wall of buildings and farms. He held off the 3 player rushing force single handedly long enough for me to build up my expansion and crank out a few chimeras. The final push by the enemy would have broken the human defenses, but lo and behold, eight chimeras come out of a town portal and proceed to dominate the enemy team.

Shortly after their army was dead we see the three of them leave and a victory screen appear.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
I was playing San Andreas and decided I couldn't be bothered driving or whatever all the way across the country, so I spawned a jet, climbed in and took off. Just over my target I bailed out, but didn't have a paracute. I thought you automatically got one when you got in a plane of any kind, but obviously not.

So there I am, falling to my death when a crop-duster zooms under me. I land on it, take off a little armor and bounce off. Then I hit the top of a skyscraper and bounce my way from building to building only to land on the ground, only having lost all my armor and part of my health. And right under my nose are two more health/armor icons and an unattended bike to get me the rest of the way.

Baroque

Feb 10, 2008
In Half Life 2 when Alyx father is in a Pod and She talks to him through the glass window, omg that sceen almost made me cry.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
Baroque said:
In Half Life 2 when Alyx father is in a Pod and She talks to him through the glass window, omg that sceen almost made me cry.
Um, wrong thread. Go to the Last time you cried/teared up

TSED

Dec 16, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMZII-Awssg = crowning achievement. My powergamed, 100% legit characters were so overpowered the monster the devs put in to curbstomp powergamers was killed casually.

Also, way back when I played EQ, I was a bard. I pulled things.

There is no feeling like that of a successful singly pulled named mob (actually, the guy just needed to be killed to finish the instance) to the zone in before the rest of your party even zones in. Did that a few times, but the crowning achievement was in an LDoN (as they're random spawns and you're only given a hint as to where they are once you kill a big chunk of the zone's population, AND it was on hard mode.)

Or the time I crashed a zone by getting every mob in it (it was a newbie zone, mostly levels 3 to 5, a few up to maybe 10) and using a PBAoE to kill everything in the zone in the same tick. Bwaha. [no lowbies were harmed in the making of this splosion.]

Or the time I organized a mini-raid on a nasty critter . Big huge meany, lots of brutal AEs, about 15 of us. A mob spawned on our clerics and ate one up, then I mezzed that. Then another mob spawned, and another, and another, and it came down to "TSED vs 3 flameseekers and Chailik".

Every one was whining about how we got 'so close' while I was busy popping all my AAs and discs and stuff. Time literally slowed down around me, I would retarget the riftseekers and begin remezzing them (bard songs you can move and melee while singing them, and even change targets, but they all take 3 seconds to cast) in between 1/5th second swings. I was tanking Chailik because his melee DPS goes down the less people on his agro list, and I was all that was left. My DPS disc wears off, so I stop mezzing the riftseekers, wait for a mezz to wear off, pop my 12 second 'dodge everything' disc.

Chailik's down to 0% health now. I'm at about 30% and 2 seconds left on my disc... come on, come on, BLAM CHAILIK IS DEAD! Got solo XP for him and everything!

There's still three big scary mobs that hit for about 1/4th of my life or more on a good round, though. I hit fade (bard ability; drops all agro), make three steps before one is see invis and notices me, I'm beelining down the stairs, one at the bottom is see invis too, oh god oh god oh god, turn around the corner, fade again, YES I AM ALIVE.

10% health now, and Chailik's poison is going to splat me right away. Load up cure poison, save myself right as I fall unconscious.

You tell the raid, "CHAILIK DOWN!"

doomgaze3

Nov 29, 2007
Beating Einhander in one continue on Hard. People who watched me do it later referred to me as an "Agent", whatever that means.

Space shooters are my personal crack.

omegafiveisawesome

Cooper42

Jan 17, 2008
Perfect Dark. Near the end of a long gaming session back in the dayz...
Eigth people playing - so we set up a tourny. Last game, just two of us, first to 15. We're both at 14 kills each. Playing the Base map (I think - the one with the walkways on various levels over a dark pit of death).

I'm about to make a dash across one of the walkways, prefering to take the risk as opposed to the lift (which is ample camping grounds), I'm carrying two charged maulers (worth it once you get quick-weapon switching mastered). Almost making it across, my opponent pops into the doorway and pops a grenade in my direction.
Before I know it, I'm falling to my death - my opponent on the walkway watching on - knowing that loosing this point and falling two behind makes me winning very unlikely.
In the second or two I'm falling, I manage to look up, take aim and pop out a single headshot. I win the game, a split second before I fall to my death.