Sniper Update Coming For TF2

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
xD It's oddly funny how liberally they use the word 'Wanker' with regards to the Sniper, I know it's probably not such a big thing in the US (?) but, over here and in England it's still considered a moderate swear word.

AdjectiveAnimal

Dec 26, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
Also, what is perhaps a teaser as to a possible new weapon for the Sniper:

snip

Then again, seeing as it was posted on the 1st of April, it may just be something to lead us on.
The piss jars were in the meet the spy video when he was in the box drinking coffee, so it's always a possibility.

Blank__

Oct 9, 2008
Amen! I loathe demomen. I have logged a whopping 1:42 (minutes, seconds) as the Demoman, only because I was forced into it during a melee sudden death.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I so hope Jarate was not just an April fools, how cool would it be to throw piss at your enemies, and imagine the taunts "piss off you wanker".

Almost Famous

Mar 20, 2009
I can see it now, two teams full of snipers neither moving forward, just sitting there getting headshots until the time runs out.

rainman2203

Oct 22, 2008
I can't WAIT for this update. I love sniping, though when the update does come out it'll be impossible to do any objective maps. Or they'll go really fast, I guess it depends. Good news for spy-people though. Five snipers sitting at the back of a map make for easy pickins'.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
SomeBritishDude said:
1YES!!! YES, FUCK YES!!! THANK YOU!! FUCK YOU AIR WALKERS!!
Why are you even playing it on 360? How am I supposed to snipe you if you're not on the PC?

Anway, all my brain can think now is omgomgomgomgomg, I wonder what the sniper's new primary will be...
How do you snipe with a mouse?
Its horrible for me.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Erana said:
fix-the-spade said:
SomeBritishDude said:
1YES!!! YES, FUCK YES!!! THANK YOU!! FUCK YOU AIR WALKERS!!
Why are you even playing it on 360? How am I supposed to snipe you if you're not on the PC?

Anway, all my brain can think now is omgomgomgomgomg, I wonder what the sniper's new primary will be...
Its horrible for me.
Take mouse, drag reticule over enemy. Pull trigger. :D

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
Yes! I was wondering when my favorite class to play as was going to get some love. Excitement abounds!

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
DRADIS C0ntact said:
I don't play this game much anymore, but once they release the engineer update I'll be back.
You do know there was a SLIGHT engie update a couple months back?
The dispenser and teleporters are upgradable now, level two and level three dispensers deliver 50 and 60 metal per go, respectively, heal much faster, and take more damage, and level two and three teleporters recharge 2x and 3x as fast and take more damage.
No new toys, but it's certainly changed the play mechanics of the engie a fair bit. Do I build a dispenser up all the way before making a gun, or do I build up a level one sentry to cover me while I build my my dispenser, or do I build the gun all the way and use the dispenser as support?

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Also, the new sniper weapons will just be new 'point-and-click' commands. In addition to the already popular 'use gun on man' you'll also have 'ask medic for hand-job' and 'grab beer from engineer'. big whoop!

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Erana said:
Its horrible for me.
Same way you point at the "quote" button and click. The only difference is that the button is your enemy's head, and your cursor is your crosshair.

WARNING: Quote buttons may or may not dance around your screen while you try to click them.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Signa said:
Erana said:
Its horrible for me.
Same way you point at the "quote" button and click. The only difference is that the button is your enemy's head, and your cursor is your crosshair.

WARNING: Quote buttons may or may not dance around your screen while you try to click them.
That was an epic response, and I just got a headshot! =3

But really, I think it is not the matter of my mouse dexterity, but the fact that, unlike in my years of using a mouse, it is the screen that moves around, rather than the mouse. And it just... Doesn't work in my head.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Saw a similar knife clip on the Simpson.

On topic. Good to know that Xbox players will get ssomething.