Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
congrats you killed a old man on the run, i fail to see the victory in this

this is just a petty act of vengeance that is a little late by 10 years

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Sikratua said:
Brad Shepard said:
Just saw the news, Bin Laden is dead, check any news channel, its true. So, what now, will the US pull out? or what?
All I see are rumors. Screenshot, or it didn't happen.
Exactly - they seem to be acting strangely with it (all details from watching the news today)

Buried him at sea with no photographic evidence of whether it was him
He was killed when one soldier saw someone matching his description and shot him twice in the head without confirming first and has now lost confirmation due to headshots
They killed the courier - the guy who was potentially relaying orders to groups of terrorists, and would know where they are and what the orders entailed. They just lost both sources of this intel in one night.
They potentially mini-invaded Pakistan due to no clearance of the operation
As some escapists have said - anniversary of "mission accomplished" speech

What can I say it's nice if it's true, even though it will put hostages at risk and strain US-Pakistan relations. But things seem a bit off as they are now. The first step when an enemy of people is dead is to showcase the body as a detterant to their followers and a signal of their victory (Mussolini, Saddam etc), yet this has been "oh yeah he's dead, we threw him in the ocean, take our word for it. And think Obama next election *wink*"

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
theres one thing that annoys me about all this. they claim he died in a firefight in a compound in pakistan. they dumped his body in the sea ?
"A US official quoted by Associated Press news agency said Bin Laden's body had been buried at sea," -----bbc news
this seems counterproductive to the rumour mill? if he was surely some sort of proof that the didn't kill some innocent or other man

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
How could they bury him at sea? Infact, why would they do that in the first place considering Abbotabad is very far away from the sea and there was no benefit of burying him at sea?
And yet when I ask for a picture of a dead body, I would be decried as a nut-job conspiracy theorist just like anyone who ever ask for any proof from the US government,all proof they need is Uncle Sam says.
While Pakistani news channels are asking for photographic evidence, I haven't seen any American or British ones doing so at all.So much for investigative journalism and objective reporting but those probably died somewhere between the Iraq and Afghanistan invasion, rest in peace ,investigative journalism, you will be missed.

DRSH1989

Aug 20, 2010
Killing one guy... and people cheer... boy we humans are idiots... & now Obama is regarded as some kind of hero? am I the only one that smells the BS in the air or is it because I'm not American? Don't get me wrong, I find the US to be a pretty great country & all, but the way things are presented on camera is just plain ol' manipulation of the masses... I wouldn't be surprised if Obama will use this to gain a 2nd term or something to that nature... "the President who stood against terrorism"... yeah right... tell that to the guys who died in Asia over the last I dunno... 20 years?... humanity has a lot to learn. This is no victory... victory is when you prevent guys like Laden from doing the stuff they do... then again there are so many theories about Laden being a CIA ploy... after all what do we really know about him... just what we've seen on the news or read in papers... our perspective sucks.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
I doubt that this is going to end anything. His followers follow an ideal, not a man. Ideas are hard to kill.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
It's not going to change much.

Osama isn't the ultimate evil or some master mind behind all terrorism. He was a dude hiding in a cave. Honestly I believe he should have and more important could have been found long ago, it was just the ties America had to the Bin Laden family that stopped it.

I don't see any good coming of this, just bad from the Palastinians.

AnkaraTheFallen

May contain a lot of Irn Bru
Apr 11, 2011
Brad Shepard said:
Just saw the news, Bin Laden is dead, check any news channel, its true. So, what now, will the US pull out? or what?
I doubt they will... might seem a bit cynical of me, but I think that the US knows of some up coming attack (like 9/11 perhaps) and this is them trying to cover themselves by saying it's a sudden retaliation to his death... whatever it is I guess we'll find out soon.

Edit: My main reasons for this is that we have no real proof that it is him, they say that they knew he was in that compound for a week before they went in (if you've been on the run from america for 10 years you don't just stop and stay in one place), and they buried his body at sea themselves... no offence to americans but when has their government really cared about people religious wishes... there's plenty of innocent people that they don't let have their own religious burial for one reason or another, and they've just decided to bury his body before anyone can confirm it is his... seems a bit odd to me.

Please before anyone decides to hate me for this I accept this is just my view and in all reality I might be wrong, I'm just giving my own views.

diddykonger

Jan 14, 2009
yes a horrible human being is dead now, but a vacuum of power has been created. There are plenty of wackjobs out there to fill his shoes.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
Well, I won't be flying or travelling anytime soon. You kill a terrorists groups number 1, what do you expects going to happen. Retaliation. Personally, I think that whilst this is a good step forward, we need to concentrate on his generals and commanders in the field as they're the ones who are fighting.

DRSH1989

Aug 20, 2010
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
cardinalwiggles said:
theres one thing that annoys me about all this. they claim he died in a firefight in a compound in pakistan. they dumped his body in the sea ?
"A US official quoted by Associated Press news agency said Bin Laden's body had been buried at sea," -----bbc news
this seems counterproductive to the rumour mill? if he was surely some sort of proof that the didn't kill some innocent or other man

Don't you love the US government? Making itself look suspicious just to gloat when the hulking mass known as the people fails to even suspect something may be up.

"The human race. For such an intelligent lot you aren't half susceptible. Give anyone a chance to take control and you submit. Sometimes I think you like it. Easy life." The Doctor
DRSH1989 said:
Killing one guy... and people cheer... boy we humans are idiots... & now Obama is regarded as some kind of hero? am I the only one that smells the BS in the air or is it because I'm not American? Don't get me wrong, I find the US to be pretty great country & all, but the way things are presented on camera is just plain ol' manipulation of the masses... I wouldn't be surprised if Obama will use this to gain a 2nd term or something to that nature... "the President who stood against terrorism"... yeah right... tell that to the guys who died in Asia over the last I dunno... 20 years?... humanity has a lot to learn. This is no victory... victory is when you prevent guys like Laden from doing the stuff they do... then again there so many theories about Laden being a CIA ploy... after all what do we really know about him... just what we've seen on the news or read in papers... our perspective sucks.
being a US citizen i have nothing negative about that post; aside from 'US is a great country and all" because that's a load of horse shit that's what it is.
LOL, I didn't expect such a remark... when I said "I find the US to be a pretty great country", I'm referring to the average joe... you know the little people who just want to live their lives and be happy... not ur leaders who suck as much as every other country's leaders & get people killed for their own agendas & fetishes...
Still, your comment made me smile :p & think... "yep, there's hope".

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
DRSH1989 said:
Killing one guy... and people cheer... boy we humans are idiots... & now Obama is regarded as some kind of hero? am I the only one that smells the BS in the air or is it because I'm not American? Don't get me wrong, I find the US to be a pretty great country & all, but the way things are presented on camera is just plain ol' manipulation of the masses... I wouldn't be surprised if Obama will use this to gain a 2nd term or something to that nature... "the President who stood against terrorism"... yeah right... tell that to the guys who died in Asia over the last I dunno... 20 years?... humanity has a lot to learn. This is no victory... victory is when you prevent guys like Laden from doing the stuff they do... then again there are so many theories about Laden being a CIA ploy... after all what do we really know about him... just what we've seen on the news or read in papers... our perspective sucks.
This isn't an American thing.

What about the near-riot "celebrations" in a lot of European countries over football (soccer) victories? This is certainly more significant than that, as things brings closure to the families of thousands of victims of a terrorist attack this man planned.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
cardinalwiggles said:

Obama said in his speech his body was with Saudi Customs officials and was being handled in accordance with Muslim law.
though tbh id probably trust the BBC more then his speech

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Arif_Sohaib said:
How could they bury him at sea? Infact, why would they do that in the first place considering Abbotabad is very far away from the sea and there was no benefit of burying him at sea?
The benefit of burying him at sea is so that his grave does not attract pilgrimages or holy activities. It also stops him from being dug up and paraded around. Throwing away a leader's corpse like it was a piece of a garbage has a subtle, but powerful affect on people. Makes it seem like the enemy doesn't even care that greatly about your presence, and that killing the head of your organisation was a small step forward and not anything to get worked over and in time, Bin Laden will be forgotten and he wont become quite the martyr he could be.

Ho Chi Minh's body is kept preserved in Vietnam (and sometimes Russia) purely so that people can come and see it, and millions do. I think this is the sort of thing that the USA wants to avoid.

A helicopter or a plane would have gotten his body out to sea in no time.

Pictures will surface, I just think that the USA will wait a while until this has largely blown over before releasing them. To stop people putting pictures of his ruined body all over the place and pissing the wrong people off, most likely. You've got to be real careful about this kind of thing, subtle mind games are afoot.

It's kind of strange to see how America has largely reacted to this. The images of people celebrating around the White House look straight out of an image from the middle east. It creeps me out, like the world has gone full circle. He who fights with monsters, and all that.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
I bet he had his location on his PSN account.
I lolled hard

I just kind of see him as a criminal who has finally been caught. The polictical ramifications will be massive though and Obama has to be really careful about this.

DRSH1989

Aug 20, 2010
Dastardly said:
DRSH1989 said:
This isn't an American thing.

What about the near-riot "celebrations" in a lot of European countries over football (soccer) victories? This is certainly more significant than that, as things brings closure to the families of thousands of victims of a terrorist attack this man planned.
I dunno about closure... we've had a few soldiers who died in Afghanistan as well over the years, but I doubt their families are really that overjoyed hearing such news... it's more like reopening an old wound, sure they may say "that Osama bastard got what he deserved", but that doesn't solve anything & I didn't say it's a strictly American thing, because I know very well how many armed forces & how many soldiers from different allied countries have suffered...
That said, I understand your reasoning, but as I stated earlier... the only victory here (for the future at least 'cause what's done is done) is prevention. They've prevented this person from doing more "said dastardly deeds" (cause we don't really know all the truth) in the future... other than that, all the praises we now see on TV is just a show on a grand scale, because most people on this world are insecure & need to believe in something that assures them "they are safe once more".