So embarrassing!

ERaptor

Oct 4, 2010
Back when i was in my apprenticeship as an electric architect (I have no idea what the correct name in English is, i drew every technical part of a building on the blueprint) we were visiting a pretty huge building site, the basement was done, but not much else. So theres my Boss, the Architect, the Customer and a Girl my age, probably also an apprentice. So, midway into the conversation i realise i need to fart REALLY badly. Emergency plan? The Basement. Nobody down there, nobody can smell the disaster, nor hear it.

So i sneak off and then let go. I have no idea way, but the echo was MASSIVE. Im actually surprised the ground didnt shake, but im positive that probably _everyone_ on the site heard it. I think in that moment, i would have rather died than go back up, but i couldnt slack off forever. Lucky for me, most people thought it was one of the machines that went off, and not ERaptor unloading the biggest fart ever.

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
I once set fire to an orphanage, only to later discover it was actually a retirement home. Boy was I red in the face.

Moloch Sacrifice

Aug 9, 2013
DanielBrown said:
Well, I headbutted the King of Sweden when I was like four years old(so probably right in the balls). I assume my mom was embarrassed as fuck. I regret nothing!

When the Glorious People's Revolution of Sweden comes, there will be a national holiday in your honour.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I was bullied a lot from grade 2 (I skipped grade 1) to 10. There's enough there to last a lifetime, but none of those stories are actually any fun.

However to share an embarrassing story that's actually kinda fun I can mention a really awkward incident from 2 years back.

I was sitting in the cafeteria of the university eating some lunch and studying for my exams when a girl walked up to me and started talking to me. She seemed to know me quite well and we ended up eating lunch together. Another girl joined in and she also seemed to know me. I couldn't remember meeting either of them before and I had no idea who I was talking to. Being quite skilled at holding a conversation without knowing the person's name I managed to keep up without letting on that I didn't know any of their names.

Now I was quite puzzled by this, but I assumed that I knew them through another friend of mine who's actually socially adept unlike me.

Now if it had ended with that lunch I would have been fine, but as luck would have it she invited me to eat dinner with her later. Then I ended up sitting with 4 girls I didn't know trying to remember their names.

Then as luck would have it the friend I thought knew these girls came by and it turned out she had never met any of these girls (which leaves me wondering where I've met them) and she introduced herself to them. Then I did finally get to learn their names and I felt some of the tension disappear.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
EeveeElectro said:
T0ady, was the texts you were sending to me included in this? cos I was just laughing at that :p but you know what my drunk babbling is like...
Damnit Eevee! Not everything's about you and your smell checking ducking degree! :p

No, I sent a friend a long rambling message about how beautiful she was and not to ever feel self concious, as well as another one to her about something embarrasing for me to talk about.

I also almost made out with a friend at the bar.

I was saved by a less drunk friend with better judgement.

It was quite the productive night!

There are you happy?! xD

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
T0ad 0f Truth said:
EeveeElectro said:
T0ady, was the texts you were sending to me included in this? cos I was just laughing at that :p but you know what my drunk babbling is like...
Damnit Eevee! Not everything's about you and your smell checking ducking degree! :p

No, I sent a friend a long rambling message about how beautiful she was and not to ever feel self concious, as well as another one to her about something embarrasing for me to talk about.

There are you happy?! xD
You ass, where's my heartfelt drunken rambling? All I get is complemented on my smelling and a 9 second voice clip of fuck all.

Someone needs to take your phone off you when you're drunk XD

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
EeveeElectro said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
EeveeElectro said:

There are you happy?! xD
You ass, where's my heartfelt drunken rambling? All I get is complemented on my smelling and a 9 second voice clip of fuck all.

Someone needs to take your phone off you when you're drunk XD
They really should :/

And the voice clip wasn't from being drunk.

I was at work and it sent it instead of my message XD

That was how loud things are there XD

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
I'm not a drinker normally. So my most embarrassing moment was when I did get drunk at a new friend's house party. Seriously, I was nervous because these people were really new to me and I wanted to make a good impression.

Instead, I ended up vomiting over said friend's bathroom floor. That was bad.

It got worse when his family came home, saw the mess and unceremoniously kicked everyone out of the house. Including the friend. He had to crash at a friend's house. I was THAT girl, and I ruined everyone's night.

I'm cringing as I type, and this happened a year ago. Weirdly enough I'm still friends with everyone who was at that party. People can sometimes be awful nice!

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
manic_depressive13 said:
I'm too much of a coward to kill myself. That's pretty embarrassing.
Meh, the overwhelming majority of people lack the capacity for suicide, so don't beat yourself up.

amaranth_dru said:
Cowards are the ones who commit suicide, not the other way around.
That's complete bullshit. Being able to beat every aspect of the human self-preservation instinct and plunge yourself into the abstract unknown is not the stuff of cowards.
Fact is, most people in this world are cowards. If suicide was "the cowards way out", everyone would do it.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Well, let's see...
There was the time I was playing CoD with some friends and died because I was looking at books on a shelf. As it was the last kill in the game, everyone saw it. That wasn't good. Needless to say, they still take the piss out of me for it, a year later.
Another time, I was doing a media course. We were making a short film about the dangers of cannabis. Sometimes, we borrowed a couple of students from another class as actors. Two of the three were black. And my tutor kept getting them mixed up. Picture the scene: you're adjusting the camera's focus, but the subject (one of the black guys) won't stand still.
'Kalen, keep still!' your tutor calls.
'That's Javel,' you say, out of the corner of your mouth.
It got worse when she made the same mistake four times over the course of the day.
Oh, accidental racism...

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
chikusho said:
amaranth_dru said:
That's complete bullshit. Being able to beat every aspect of the human self-preservation instinct and plunge yourself into the abstract unknown is not the stuff of cowards.
Fact is, most people in this world are cowards. If suicide was "the cowards way out", everyone would do it.
Wow, you're so cynical and jaded you actually praise suicide... I would pity you but I doubt I have the capacity. The fact of the matter is waking up every day and facing the future takes more courage than slicing your wrists, overdosing, jumping off a high place, blowing your head off. Its a decision you can make every day until your time is up without unplugging the clock, and therefore takes way more bravery to do than suicide. Suicide is the cowards way out because its a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Quitting the race early vs. finishing no matter what you place. I'll take my accomplishment of running it rather than giving up at the first sign of trouble any day. Suicide isn't worthy of any respect.
Suicide - one choice that ends your life while the rest of the world carries on
Living - a daily choice that extends life as long as possible
You tell me which one deserves respect. Merely going against the grain doesn't mean you're a billy badass btw, it shows how immature you really are. Misanthropy is the mid-20's version of teen angst.

chikusho

Jun 14, 2011
amaranth_dru said:
chikusho said:
amaranth_dru said:
Wow, you're so cynical and jaded you actually praise suicide... I would pity you but I doubt I have the capacity. The fact of the matter is waking up every day and facing the future takes more courage than slicing your wrists, overdosing, jumping off a high place, blowing your head off. Its a decision you can make every day until your time is up without unplugging the clock, and therefore takes way more bravery to do than suicide. Suicide is the cowards way out because its a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Quitting the race early vs. finishing no matter what you place. I'll take my accomplishment of running it rather than giving up at the first sign of trouble any day. Suicide isn't worthy of any respect.
You tell me which one deserves respect. Merely going against the grain doesn't mean you're a billy badass btw, it shows how immature you really are. Misanthropy is the mid-20's version of teen angst.
I'm not praising anything.
The fact of the matter is that even though you can, hypothetically, decide to end your life every day, actually going through with it is actively going against something your brain is programmed to not allow. Years of evolution selectively breeds a population with strong self-preservation instincts, the most common of which are pain and fear.
Simply living takes no courage whatsoever. In fact, it's often highly reliant on a huge healthy helping of cowardice.

Captcha: feeling blue
come on now captha, don't be like amaranth_dru and put words in my mouth... :/

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
DanielBrown said:
Well, I headbutted the King of Sweden when I was like four years old(so probably right in the balls). I assume my mom was embarrassed as fuck. I regret nothing!

For some reason that image took way too long to load for me. So for 30 seconds I could only see the top half of this man's head. After that, this is all I could think of:

I'm so sorry Sweden! :( It was the hair that did it!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
rhizhim said:
T0ad 0f Truth said:
The inspiration for this thread comes from a complete idiotic fool I made of myself recently.

I sent a message or two, wine was involved, and things were said. All in all good times!

...Not really, I'm an idiot XD

Either way, I want to hear some embarrasing stories. They don't have to be yours, maybe something you heard or saw or happened to a friend, whatever.

Let's hear 'em!
a guy i know sent some embarassing messages while being intoxicated.... ;P
SHH! You can't tell anyone about that story with the corned cream! I live in a conservative area. They'll lynch me D:

...XD

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
amaranth_dru said:
I don't think he was praising more of acknowledging the bravery. You can't cover everything under a blanket and call it the reason. People suicide over different things. Some could be more accurately described as self sacrifice.It's like saying everyone goes to school because their parent forces them. That just isn't true for everyone.
But embarrassing stories? Usually when ever I end up reading "Breath" I do breast a lot. And when I type "Breasts" I write "breads".
I have tons of MTG embarrassments. I was playing around a mana leak when my opponent only had one untapped mana. Or playing a (1) and a (B) creature with two forests.
It's hard to embarrass me cause I'm the person that can just casually slip my hand into your shirt and grope you while touching your crotch, and be unphased vice versa.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Well, there was the time I was publicly humiliated in front of my entire 5th grade class by my teacher.

He was doing his thing, and I was spacing off, like I do sometimes. He then walked right up to me, and demanded to know what I was thinking about. I told him I didn't know (I WAS just spacing off), but he decided it would be a smashing idea to interrogate me in front of everyone about what EXACTLY I was thinking about, so he basically asked me a ton of questions to figure it out.

Eventually I just said "video games", and left it at that. Still, that was a massive dick move on his part. He couldn't just snap me out of it, no, he had to go the EXTRA mile to make sure I was embarrassed as all hell by the end of it.