So escapists, what is the oldest game you own a PHYSICAL copy of ?

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
It Came From the Desert for the Amiga, 1989. Didn't know that myself until I quickly flicked through the Amiga back library. Three years younger than me, amazing that it still works along with the computer.

What a brutal game that was to play - so unforgiving. My strongest memory of the game is playing chicken with the greasers and ending up in hospital pretty much every time I did. Yet I couldn't resist teaching those punks lessons.

The Code

Mar 9, 2010
Ooh, good question. All of the old games I have are on discs, mainly because my floppy drive doesn't work. Lemme look through my collection...

*returns several minutes later*

Okay, so it appears that the oldest games I have a physical copy of are SimCity 2000 and SimAnt, 1994 and 1995 respectively. Speaking of, I always thought it was cool that you could use the cities from SC2K in other games like SimCopter and Streets of SimCity. That was a nifty feature to me.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Something on PS1. I don't keep old games or consoles. Even my PS1 games don't date all the way back to PS1 days, they were all purchased within the past ten years. They are games I bought again because I enjoyed them back when they were new.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Well let me think...

I know I still have my copy of Starcraft in my room (though I really need to get around to re-installing it).

Going back further though, I have several GB color games and N64 games as well.

But I can go back even farther to Sim Ant which apparently came out around 1991.

I've also got a collection of old arcade games on two discs, even Pong, but I don't believe those count as they aren't the original version but a computer re-release.

So most likely it's Sim Ant, which I've also thought about installing to my laptop. Wonder if I can get an actual game going rather than just messing around...

archaicmalevolence

Jul 16, 2010
I would of said a pokemon game, but I sold mine years ago. So it'd have to be Final Fantasy IV, looking at the disc right now :).

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Space Invaders for the Atari 2600 along with some other games, they are in the loft. The Space Invaders cartridge is older than me it was made in 1980. I got it as a hand me down from my dad's friend in about 1984-5.
Damn... that's up there. I got a tonne of Atari 2600 games, but I think the oldest I have is Zork for computer. 1979 baby!

I'mANinja

Aug 4, 2008
Command and Conquer: Tiberian dawn. Hey, I think that's impressive, considering I'm only 17.

Bucky01

Sep 28, 2010
i cant remember which i got first so ill say the two im defiantly sure where either 1st or second
they where Heart of Darkness on PS1 and pokemon Red on the old brick gameboy
i play heart of darkness more as pokemon Red still has all the data i had when i played it when i was younger and don't want to remove all my childhood.

Death-Jester

Aug 19, 2009
My oldest game is either Super Mario land 2: 6 Golden coins or Star Wars: A New Hope, both for the Gameboy. Both were released the same year ('93 here) but I can't rem which came out first.

nokori3byo

Feb 24, 2008
Somewhere in the world (in a parent's attic perhaps), I might just have the old bundle titles for the Sega Master System. As far as the oldest game I have with me here in Japan: GTA: Vice City on DVD-ROM.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Zombies Ate My Neighbors for my Genesis. Plus I have all the sonic games and many more for it. And yes, I still occasionally play my Sega. :3

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I'm not sure which is older but I have a bunch of games on my sega and super nintendo.
I was young so I'm not sure but I have what might be the original Tomb Raider.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
I have a copy of the original Myst game. Moved on from it though. Kinda wish Cyan would make more adventure games in general, I really liked what they did.

VincentR

Apr 17, 2011
Meh.. likely one of the NES games I have up on a shelf collecting dust. So.. Mario Brothers/ Duck Hunt?

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
Most likely a old Game boy game (Tetris,Super Mario Land, Dexterity). Or is Warcraft 1 older?