So Escapists, where do YOU get your music from?

Futureman

Oct 10, 2010
i get most of my music off of grooveshark and youtube. the rest of it is from old CD's i have

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Pandora. I put in my favorite bands and great bands usually pop up that are in the same tune with what I enjoy. Then I'll make a playlist on Grooveshark.

I actually don't download music with the advent of Pandora. And I don't have a favorite song. Too many to choose from.

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
An extensive collection of records and CDs and also Spotify. A life without music would be hollow indeed.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Sup I said:
Also, let's not make this a piracy debate.
Yikes, in which case you should probably scratch your mention of L******* I'm not sure if the mods are all too remissive of any kind of advocation of downloading music for free. At any rate I only stream music for free, you can basically listen to practically any song in existence on Youtube so I use that a great deal to sample tracks from albums so that I can then make a more informed decision on what to purchase. If I can get it, I much prefer to buy CD's so that I have a physical copy that doesn't have the DRM restrictions hanging over it, but will ocassionly get payed downloads if I can't find a physical copy of what I'm looking for. I'd mention what site I generally buy from, but again I don't think the mods would take to kindly to that...

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
I typically listen to the radio for different tunes, get the name of the band, then go and check out the other bands songs on itunes/youtube, then start purchasing the music I like. If I'm at a concert and they're selling the CDs I'll typically purchase a CD while I'm there along with a t-shirt.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I download most stuff, but the bands I really like I buy the CDs of. And go to their concerts.

And before anyone starts, downloading music is not illegal in my country. :)

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Nimcha said:
I download most stuff, but the bands I really like I buy the CDs of. And go to their concerts.

That doesn't make it right and The Escapist will still hit you for it.

I get my music from either Amazon digital service or CD's. I much prefer to purchase CD's because I like having the actual disk and cover art. I also like having the disk to show people that I didn't pirate it (in case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm very against people pirating). Amazon does the $5 pretty often so a number of my CD's are from that.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
Nimcha said:

Doesn't make it wrong either!

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Youtube, primarily, because it's so rare that I'll like more than one or two songs by the same artist that it's really not worth buying entire discs that'll contain one song I actually like. On top of that, I don't have an iPod, so...not really many other options.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Nimcha said:
tippy2k2 said:
Nimcha said:

Doesn't make it wrong either!
I'm not here to argue it. I know stealing is wrong and there's nothing I can say to you that is going to convince you that you're stealing. I was giving you a friendly warning that you're going to get Escapist-smacked for it.

Sep 30, 2010
Despite the fact that I am not the biggest fan of Apple I get most of it on iTunes. People like to give iTunes gift cards to me as gifts at holidays, birthdays etc. so i usually have cash on the iTunes store. If I can't get it on iTunes I buy the CD on Ebay or try to download it from Amazon.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
I purchase my music from iTune. Say what you want about it, but I like the service. Except the 99 cents thing. I currently have 98 cents in my account. How annoying is that to know you are one cent away from a song? I also have a ton of music on my youtube accounts favorites. I just access youtube on my iPhone and I basically have free music. I just have to make sure the video can play on my iPhone. I also use Pandora. I use my Enya and Solar Fields radio while doing homework. It gives me something to listen to, but at the same time isn't too distracting. It's also very relaxing.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I use iTunes and CD's from Amazon and HMV! Some reason I just love to have the disks. I'm the same with games and film. I'm beginning to move to downloads for music now though, as I like to have it on my iPod, now I have one big ennough!

If I am after free music I listen to Last.FM. I love the fact that its so easly to find new music that I like on there! Thwy also give you free Mp3s of similar music that it sees you listning to!

(P.s. Just as advice; you cannot get anything in this world 'for free', you can only get it 'free'. - 'For' is a transactional word and therefore cannot be used if a transaction has not taken place! - Grammer Nazi spiel over! :p)

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
I'd tell you where, but by answering your question I'd be breaking the rules set forth by the Escapist.

I have no favorite song, cause I'm a choir bass :p

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
I download a wild variety of songs on youtube totally free and legitimately, its been maybe 3 or 4 years since I've actually paid for music.