So Escapists, where do YOU get your music from?

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
CD's and Vinyl. I can't vouch 100% for the legality of it, but once I buy a CD I listen to it, then I rip it, and keep the CD itself in it's case so it doesn't get scratched to hell and back. Then I burn a copy to actually listen to. I've lost enough CD's to shoddy cases that scratched them, people borrowing them and returning them in a shit state, and general laziness on putting them down on the shelf or the seat thinking they'll be ok. I still try to buy the CD's if I can, at least give something back to the band if you like them. Although I do have this to say to the pirate argument: The first time I listened to a Tom Waits album, it was Bone Machine and I got it off a torrent. I have since bought every studio album he's ever released, and in at least four cases bought an album again on vinyl. So it that sense, it was kind of like a demo. If you make something awesome that people will love, they'll gladly buy it even if they can hear it for free.

thelittleman66

Nov 15, 2011
itunes mostly. But I had to rip the album ...And Justice for All (with the bass added) off of youtube simply because the band hasn't remastered it yet.

Athinira

Jan 25, 2010
While not a DJ myself, i happen to know a lot of professional DJ's who are mostly into the electro & house genre, so i get a lot of promo and other material from them for free. So that's pretty cool :)

Other than that, iTunes and Beatport is where i buy my music.

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
I can't remember the last time I used a file downloading site to get music. I only buy my music from Itunes or sometimes a CD.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
online services like Last.fm where you pay a monthly fee and listen to whatever you want, streaming. Really, 3 dollars a month isnt much to spend on the huge gallery of music they have.

KB13

Oct 3, 2011
Long live the Compact Disk! A CD for all you savvy youngsters out there.