So how do you think Xbox did at E3

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
I thought it was pretty cool. Nothing incredible, but cool.
Xbox live looks pretty close to incredible, seems like it's getting a lot more features.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Microsofts event seems to be focused on kinect, which is aimed at the casuals, and big non exclusive games, with no real big exclusives coming out

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
The Dinseyland thing, some of those sports games, and that star wars game all looked hilaribad, and the people playing them looked ridiculous. The Mass Effect 3 stuff was awesome, Gears looks like Gears, so yay, undecided on the new Fable game, new tomb raider looked good, Halo remake looked nice, and Halo 4 reveal was to be expected, and for what it's worth, the trailer was well done. Nothing was shown, but it was nice to look at, still undecided if I can trust a studio that isn't Bungie to make a Halo game, but I'll atleast try it. Also, some of that XBL stuff, namely Youtube and Live TV, is nice to have.

Overall, the kinect stuff was just hilariously awkward, but everything non-kinect was pretty nice. Certainly better than last year, but that kinect crap reeeeeaaaally dragged it down.

farmerboy219

Feb 22, 2009
utter failure! like they had forza 4 but hardly mentioned it, they had halo 4 but only showed a teaser trailer followed by a barrage of crappy kinekt games...jeez microsoft

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I'd give a C to D ish. I wasn't expecting much, didn't get much. I'm not really a hardcore gamer since I refuse to pay for online on 360, so Modern Warfare, Halo, and Gears are more or less meaningless to me. (I liked Gears 1 and Halo 1, but I hate the feeling that I'm "missing out" on a service I'd probably barely use anyways - tons of online achievements I'll never get, modes I'll never use, etc). I don't own a Kinect and I'm not going to buy one. No game on that program was worth $200, not even Fable (hey, another xbox series I've never played). Tomb Raider looked potentially really good, Mass Effect looked.. like Mass Effect 2. The finger tracking sparkler thing looked fun, if only to strip naked and draw little shimmering streams out of my genitalia. Otherwise, there was a lot of fast forwarding. I'd probably think this shit were awesome if I were still ten years old.

The post game special on Spike was wahayy better than the conference itself. Skyrim looked and sounded kick ass, so did Bioshock Infinite (and I didn't even like the first one) and the same for Batman.

Nuds1000

Aug 2, 2010
they didn't mention many original games yeah there are some good squeals but nothing new game wise. I also like how the way Mass Effect 3 is "integrating" Kinect is by using the mic built into it and using voice commands. Why do you need to buy a $120 black bar that requires 6 ft of clear space in front of it just so you can use to tell Garrus to get his ass moving?

someguy2300

Mar 30, 2011
I think that Mass Effect 3 never needed the Kinect. I don't like the idea of EA putting the Kinect in Mass Effect 3 for more money.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
I'm suprised that there is a bad responce form the Microsoft showing, I don't even have a 360 anymore and I still thought the showing was pretty awesome, almost makes me want to have a Kinect now.

Aeroastrix

May 2, 2011
I feel as if Microsoft is trying desperately to get everyone to have a kinect in their homes, so I'm buying a PS3 lol
that way my 360 and PS3 could fight over who has better exclusives and better online gaming, while my Wii cowers in the corner, knowing that he's slowly dying...

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
pulse2 said:
I'm suprised that there is a bad responce form the Microsoft showing, I don't even have a 360 anymore and I still thought the showing was pretty awesome, almost makes me want to have a Kinect now.
Name something the Kinect did that was awesome for the core gamer. Yelling at your ME3 squadmates instead of pressing a button is not "awesome" in my book. It's silly, and pointless.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Was cool to see Halo HD, Halo 4, Forza 4, Gears 3, Tomb Raider, and MW 3, but the Kinect stuff was a huge meh. Overall a meh since it was more Kinect than games.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
pulse2 said:
Name something the Kinect did that was awesome for the core gamer. Yelling at your ME3 squadmates instead of pressing a button is not "awesome" in my book. It's silly, and pointless.
Okay, that wasn't as intuitive as I thought it was going to be, but the news of Halo 4 and a revamp was exciting (even though we already knew that was coming, it was a 'duh' moment), RYSE looks quite cool and there were a few others that looked to be pretty fun.