So, I finally get it.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Loonyyy said:
It's not so much taking care of your soldiers, it's bothering to name any character once they've survived one promotion and then trying to force them to stay alive.
I reckon that's kinda been quite a major element of XCOM since X-Com. The memorial wall in Enemy Unknown was a touch that I appreciated.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Fallout New Vegas, when I first got it, just made me want to play Fallout 3... So I played Fallout 3 to near completion (the only thing I didn't do in the game was get a couple missable guns and the Pitt DLC because I was burned out by that point)... I disliked that I couldn't do a full completion game in one go like in Fallout 3, and I disliked that I couldn't have all the skills/perks I wanted to experience everything. I am now aware that these are actually points in New Vegas' favor, and that post-DLC, it really is possible to basically get absolutely everything for any specific themed character build... But once it sucked me in, I was absolutely hooked. Now I know where everything is.

So I can annoy the hell out of any of my friends who play it in my vicinity

"If you go up that route, you can get a Survival book, and if you can get your survival to 45 by level 4 you can get Travel Light, a terrific perk if you're planning to use light armor? You are? you should definitely do that. No? you don't want to? You'll get it later if you want it? But.. But... BUT.... there's really no other good time to get it in the perk list. What's that? you don't want to play anymore? I'm sorry. :("

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Pink Gregory said:
Loonyyy said:
It's not so much taking care of your soldiers, it's bothering to name any character once they've survived one promotion and then trying to force them to stay alive.
I reckon that's kinda been quite a major element of XCOM since X-Com. The memorial wall in Enemy Unknown was a touch that I appreciated.
I'm hoping that in the end I'll be competent enough to play the game properly and enjoy epic last stands and heroic sacrifices, but at my skill level, I end up with squad wipes if I try anything like that. I get it, but I can't do it. Yet.

SOON *Creepy stalker face at teh Thin Men* SOON.