So I got a mysterious package in the mail....

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Swifteye said:
Blindswordmaster said:
I got back from the store the other day and found a package from UPS at my door. I took it inside and though I didn't order anything or recognize the sender, I opened it. Turns out it was an electromagnetic transducer. I tried calling the phone number on the return address, but it says that the number is no longer in service. I don't want this thing and I don't know what to do with the damn thing. Advice?
Wh-what's an electromagnetic transducer? An can it power the delorean?
A transducer is a device that converts energy from one form into another. Logically, an electromagnetic transducer either converts electromagnetic energy into another form of energy or converts energy into electromagnetic energy. Though I've worked out it's basic function, I don't know it's actual function.

Kraiiit

Aug 15, 2010
fenderstrat said:
sounds like something from half life. try to not open a gateway to another world and doom earth, will you?
I will admit that the possibility of a resonance cascade is extremely unlikely. What's the worst that could happen?

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Plug it into your car, speed up to 60 and see what happens?

Other then that you could try and use it like a sex toy, though thats my suggestion for everything.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
Blindswordmaster said:
I got back from the store the other day and found a package from UPS at my door. I took it inside and though I didn't order anything or recognize the sender, I opened it. Turns out it was an electromagnetic transducer. I tried calling the phone number on the return address, but it says that the number is no longer in service. I don't want this thing and I don't know what to do with the damn thing. Advice?
I was expecting you to make me lose the game there for a second. Oh wait Dangit!

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
icyneesan said:
Plug it into your car, speed up to 60 and see what happens?

Other then that you could try and use it like a sex toy, though thats my suggestion for everything.
88mph... 88...

*Sigh*

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Chunko said:
Blindswordmaster said:
I was expecting you to make me lose the game there for a second. Oh wait Dangit!
What?

diego_2112

Jan 28, 2009
Step One: Collect Elecromagnetic Transducers
Step Two: ???
Step Three: PROFIT!

But seriously, what you NEED to do is reverse engineer that beeotch, weaponize it, and become the next Dr. Doom! I mean, it IS a crime to open other people's mail, so you're going to need SOMETHING to fend off da PoPo!

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
Just found it online. Apparently it's used to amplify the base in a car stereo or a home entertainment system. I'm kind of disappointed actually.

Deleric

Dec 29, 2008
Fuck with it until you become the main character of a science fiction program.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
An interesting package to randomly receive.

Blindswordmaster said:
Swifteye said:
Blindswordmaster said:
Wh-what's an electromagnetic transducer? An can it power the delorean?
A transducer is a device that converts energy from one form into another. Logically, an electromagnetic transducer either converts electromagnetic energy into another form of energy or converts energy into electromagnetic energy. Though I've worked out it's basic function, I don't know it's actual function.
Reading about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_acoustic_transducer

Sounds like some kind of ultrasound scanner for certain elements relevant to industrial/scientific purposes, like checking how thick a gas pipe is or if it's blocked without breaking it open. Maybe the OP accidentally got something intended for a physics student or engineer.