So, I have 1 litre of Bacardi, any suggestions of what to put with it?

ArcadianDrew

Sep 3, 2014
Hmm...a lot of good suggestions I never thought of. I'm not huge on spirits, more of an ale guy myself, but I like a tipple every now and then. The pineapple with rum sounds like a tasty drink, will probably go to the shops and pick some up later. However, I have 1 litre to get through so I think trying a bit of everything people have suggested is the best move.
Barbas said:
I like Cobra and Tiger beer, especially with curry and/or seafood. Non-alcoholic Cobra has a delightful taste as well, though I suppose many must find it like Marmite - they either love it or hate it.
I can't go out for a curry without having at least 3 or 4 cobras to wash it all down, excellent stuff.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
TheCaptain said:
Not much a Bacardi man myself, but as far as rum goes, I like drinking it with port and a squirt of lemon or lime juice...
Good call sir. I've heard various things being called "Nelson's Blood" but per my ex-RN Dad, Nelson's Blood is rum & port in roughly equal quantities. By Jove does it get the job done.

Edit: discussion value! Missed that. Ahem. I'm a whisky and rum man. Not together though! I tend to take them neat. R L Seale and Rum Sixty-Six are probably my favourite rums and I'm most partial to a nice peaty Islay whisky. Beers? I'm pushing more into local-brewed stuff when I can and dabbling in ales. Safe bets for me are good Czech lagers. It makes the missus happy as she's from the region.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Where's hakkarin when you need him?

I'm not a big rum drinker but maybe try it with orange juice or some kind of fizzy orange drink. Ideally Club Orange but that's not available everywhere.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I'm not sure about how many varieties of Bacardi there are, but I drink Superior(white rum) on occasion and mix it with one of the following:

Coke
Cherry Coke
Dr. Pepper
Mountain Dew

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Coke is always my mixer with rum, whatever kind it is.

Since Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper are both simply better than regular coke/Pepsi, those would be ideal if they're available.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
As in the white rum stuff? Make mojitos. If you're too lazy, go get yourself some creme de cassis. It's pretty hard to make that taste bad with anything, just don't put too much in because it'll overpower everything. I rarely drink white rum so I'm not sure how well it would work, but creme de cassis with apple juice works with damn near any white spirit, so give that shit a go.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Teoes said:
sky14kemea said:
How about putting it in the bin.
Weeeeeeeee have a winner! Get Kraken spiced rum and mix it with Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer. Goodbye evening. Or get a good golden rum and drink it neat.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Do what this one said.

It's much better.

So so much better.

OT: Ginger and lime bet.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
Make sure its sat on the counter for a day or two. You don't want it to be cold. Then you get a glass and put in in the glass and drink it. No ice, no mixer.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Teoes said:
sky14kemea said:
How about putting it in the bin.
Weeeeeeeee have a winner! Get Kraken spiced rum and mix it with Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer. Goodbye evening. Or get a good golden rum and drink it neat.

Edit: Oh! Oh! Do what my parents do: shoehorn a bunch of berries in there with some sugar. No idea of amounts of either, sorry. Leave it for several weeks/few months, giving it the occasional shake to mix it up. Eventually enjoy delicious sweet fruity rum. Apply to face and proceed to get wankered.
Both of these sound tasty.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Simplicity is key, mix it with something you'd be in the mood to drink all by itself.

I've got a little Jager spice from the holidays that I've been mixing with vanilla coke, shit is a phenom. Also been tasting a bit of grey goose cherry mixed in with a some cans of Surge I happened upon though friends, it is unique to say the least.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Make a 7 litre Long Island Iced Tea. Then die of liver failure.

It is the greatest way to go.