So I Watched MLP For The First Time..........

callmegreen

Jan 29, 2011
YEP.....................

It was 2:30 am and nothing was on.
I started to flip through the guide and there it was.......
There on Treehouse... MLP Frienship.
I watch for about 18 mins and I put on King of the hill.

I have admit it got a few chuckles out of me.
It was pretty fucking cute too.
But thats it.. I basically just poker faced for 20 minutes......
Im not going to be a Bronie or any thing now.. Because I find People
over the age of 14 ACTUALLY ENJOYING this to be Extremely weird

EDIT*for discussion value* What was it like to watch MLP for the first time

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
What's the discussion value in this thread? Looks like a blog post to me.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I tried MLP today I finished EP3 (my bronie friends recommended it to me since 1&2 are a two-parter).
it,s not exceptional bad but not great either.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Same OP- I thought if it I was gonna trash it I should at least try it, it was funny in places and definately more intelligent/less insufferable than 90% of kids tv.
But the fact its aimed at little girls is all so painfully obvious and the cliched "be true to yourself" saccharine BS made me gag.
But to be honest as always its the "hardcore" fans of something that make it hateworthy, Im of course talking about the ones that act like their brave, gender stereotype challenging iconoclasts for liking it.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
well, I tried it because I have nothing better to do, and on episode 5 now. I shall say what was told to me: you need to get to the end of episode 3 before you can judge it, because the first 2 episodes are pretty poor. Its enough for me to keep watching when I have nothing better to do, and it is good considering the age its aimed at, but aye, it's a bit overrated.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
I think I've repeated this post twenty times, but once again, for the laughs -
Great voice acting, good drawing, else is shit.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I look forward to seeing all of you in the Escapist brony group in a few weeks.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Ponies are cool.

And that's just not me denouncing all those who dislike it as uncool. The Doctor himself explained the cool thing when describing why his bow tie is cool.

"I wear it and I just don't care. That's why it's cool!"

So ponies are cool because I watch it and I don't care about the haters because I enjoy it.

Cavan

Jan 17, 2011
Baneat said:
What's the discussion value in this thread? Looks like a blog post to me.
There will be a heartfelt discussion somewhere down the line as another person tries to "out" themselves and ask the forums whether it is okay to like this show and if they should tell their estranged father and maybe build a lasting relationship around a mutual respect for ponies.

At which point the rest of us will wonder why people who like MLP (or hate) can't just like (or hate) it like they like (or hate) everything else (which is to say, not publically like they're at a parade protesting x human rights), they have to make a big stink about liking it (or not) and whether or not they are the personification of matyrdom by bathing in the flames of the haters(or the counter haters). Proceeding to shove it right in our faces.
Have lost count of the number of times this nothing thread merely stating "I like it" or "I don't like it" has occupied 3-4 places on the front page of the forums.

Sober Thal said:
How many threads must we endure that simply tell us: Hurp Derp, Ponies are for little kids, durp!
I would feel more sympathy if I hadn't seen 10x more threads stating why anybody who can't like MLP is a flawed human being, who murdered their inner child by beating it to death with the candy they just stole from it. Or merely to post a thread with not much more than a picture of a pony going "haters gonna hate".

Hyperbole notwithstanding.

I will make a deal with satan and the internets at large, can we pretty please take away all the pointless hating threads if we also take away all the pointless 'brony' threads?

Edit: This seemed as useless a place as possible to vent a little on the pent up nerdrage surrounding my soul, have a nice day regardless of what you're into :)

Double edit: I hope nobody is writing a quote+response to this before I finished editing it :(

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
By using my psychic powers, I will predict this thread will be about someone watching and not enjoying the show.

*opens thread*

Told you, psychic.

No, wait, it's because we've had this topic fifty million goddamned times.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
TimeLord said:
Ponies are cool.

image snip.
Oh..My... God. I haven't laughed so hard in along time. It hurts, I have flu or something at the minute and they laughing made me hurt. Cheered me up though.

OT: That was written a little bit like a Haiku o_o
Anyway, I like the show. I thought it took a while to get into but I gave it a chance. Damn you stubbornness.
The last episode of the first season had me in hysterics.
Reminds me a little of Pheanus and Ferb & Spongebob. Meant for kids, but easily amused adults watch it...

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
callmegreen said:
YEP.....................

It was 2:30 am and nothing was on.
I started to flip through the guide and there it was.......
There on Treehouse... MLP Frienship.
I watch for about 18 mins and I put on King of the hill.

I have admit it got a few chuckles out of me.
It was pretty fucking cute too.
But thats it.. I basically just poker faced for 20 minutes......
Im not going to be a Bronie or any thing now.. Because I find People
over the age of 14 ACTUALLY ENJOYING this to be Extremely weird

EDIT*for discussion value* What was it like to watch MLP for the first time
watch adventure time, its much better than that.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Just so you know the first 2 episodes are some of the worst. Also this thread was pointless,

What is that you say?

You don't like the show?

I don't give a shit.

And why is it weird again?

Quextamon

May 21, 2010
Well I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed to ponies enough to watch it all. Simply said: If you don't like it, you don't watch it.