So I'm not British.

gallaetha_matt

Feb 28, 2010
As a fellow Liverpool supporter, I just had to post here and gloat. So here I go. Chewlsey (spelt phonetically as one of their fans would say it) went down like an Essex girl on a weeknight. They lost the game so bad that John Terry wound up sleeping with his own wife afterwards.

Cockney Rhyming Slang: When people confuse rhyming for wit. It's funny because I've lived in London and everybody seems to have their own variation on it, some people say 'cattletruck' some people say 'daffy duck'. Nobody seems able to agree on any one word and everybody seems to assume that the rest of the world understands their specific version of the 'language' (I say language here in the same tone of voice I use when I blow my nose).

It's funny because rhyming slang started as a way for criminals to plot their dastardly deeds under the noses of the police. I doubt that even the other criminals understood what their mates were saying. No wonder Sherlock Holmes had such an easy time cracking cases. By today's standard, the greatest detective of all time is probably as smart as a British missing persons detective during the summer.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
gallaetha_matt said:
They lost the game so bad that John Terry wound up sleeping with his own wife afterwards.
I lol'd. Lots.

But then as a City fan I still get kicks out of watching the Wayne Bridge/ Terry handshake snub that preceeded our 4-2 win :p

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Dont know what it means, but as a Liverpool fan, congrats! When I lived in England, I used to support them

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
lee1287 said:
We lost to fat newcastle. Terrible.
I thought it was rather a good win actually n_n

Complacency aside, I've been impressed with Arsenal this season. Couple more players in January and you could well take second and challenge Chelsea to the end. Also anyone who runs their club sensibly is good in my book.

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Nice to see the American owned Liverpool team is doing good : P
Erm...

Chelsea
Man Utd
Arsenal
Man City
Newcastle
Bolton
Tottenham
Sunderland
Liverpool
West Brom
Everton
Blackpool
Fulham
Aston Villa
Birmingham
Blackburn
Stoke
Wigan
Wolves
West Ham

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
tomtom94 said:
lee1287 said:

Complacency aside, I've been impressed with Arsenal this season. Couple more players in January and you could well take second and challenge Chelsea to the end. Also anyone who runs their club sensibly is good in my book.
I'm a massive fan of how Arsenal operate and how they play, and every season I tip them to win (or at least be there or thereabouts at the end). Then they do things like lose to West Brom or Hull at home.

Apr 24, 2008
Chelsea fan.

As such, it was kinda hard to watch. I am glad that Torres is scoring goals again though, I hate to see such a great finisher(of interesting goals too, not just poaching)underperforming the way he has. The guy can volley a ball into the net from angles that noone else will even try, much respect for that.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
tomtom94 said:
lee1287 said:

You would, wouldnt you.. *evils*

Arsenal are annoying me tbh. Were 11 points worse off than last season, and we throw points away at sunderland, newcastle and west brom. We need too win those games if we can keep up with the cheating scum at the top of the league. PLus everyne just hates arsenal for some reason, (the press, and other managers)
AND i'm pretty sure we'l get another broken elg this season,

FUCKING RYAN SHAWCROSS

Furious Styles

Jul 10, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Cattletruck: British rhyming slang for fuck.

That's what this thing called Google told me.

EDIT: Nice to see the American owned Liverpool team is doing good : P
Actually they're doing terribly this season, this was their first really good result.