So,L4D2.

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
L4D2 is a HUGE improvement in a LOT of areas over L4D1. I consider it one of the best games I have EVER played and it was worth every penny.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
It is honestly just DLC disguised as a game. It feels cheap and rushed. I'd wait till patches fix all the bugs that are in it at the moment. It's just not worth it.

Dr. Gorgenflex

May 10, 2009
I didn't really like L4D, and L4D2 doesn't look like I will have fun for long either. With L4D I just played it through and moved on to something good, same thing whenever an expansion came out. With L4D2 I expect the same so I will most likely not be buying this until a 50% off sale.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Evilbunny said:
Chicago Ted said:
Evilbunny said:
Chicago Ted said:
I'll be honest, I still haven't played it. I got L4D2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Modern Warfare 2 all on the same day and it has been a busy week resulting in me playing a bit of Modern Warfare and as much Assassin's Creed as I could possibly play.
That's pretty ironic considering your name. I'd think left 4 dead 2 would be your number 1 priority.
Ya, but I am lacking friends to play it with right now. Without others it would kinda feel hollow.
I've had a similar problem lately. Everyone's playing modern warfare 2 and I rarely get a good game together. Soon, though. Soon everyone will start to switch over.
Yes, soon they shall join the dark side. Well, actually I think the light side because we all know Infinity Ward is the true evil one.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
Radelaide said:
It is honestly just DLC disguised as a game.
New characters, new maps, new game modes, new weapons, new game dynamics, new tools, and new infected. It's the biggest, most comprehensive DLC you'll ever see, which completely overhauls and improves the original, brilliant experience. For £25. Or $60. Or whatever, it's worth it.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I'd be better to buy it on the PC but I assume that your PC would run and hide at the thought of the game. If you like the original and though it was worth the money then this is defiantly worth it. Otherwise it's hard to say.

coldshadow

Mar 19, 2009
lets put it this way. It took valve a long ass time to make it, how could it not be more worth than dlc :p

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
haruvister said:
Radelaide said:
It is honestly just DLC disguised as a game.
New characters, new maps, new game modes, new weapons, new game dynamics, new tools, and new infected. It's the biggest, most comprehensive DLC you'll ever see, which completely overhauls and improves the original, brilliant experience. For £25. Or $60. Or whatever, it's worth it.
There was nothing wrong with the old dynamics. In fact, after playing the game, I think that the AI has gotten worse, there are TOO many zombies, the campaigns are boring. The rest of the stuff (weapons, maps, modes) can all be done through DLC. Valve sold out.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
Ok, here goes...

Left 4 Dead 2 is another Molyneux game.

Taken at face value, for anyone who didn't know/read/hear about what it was going to contain...it is an unbelievably awesome game. I had a lot of fun playing it, and there were some seriously intense moments, particularly in Hard Rain, during the storms in the second half of the map. The guns are fun to use, very nicely detailed, and function fairly close to how they would in real life (minus the lack of recoil).

Taken from the perspective of a gamer who read the previews, promises, and even paid money for the pre-order...it's a complete let-down. Valve promised that there would be an updated AI Director 2.0 who would 'punish' the players for doing well by summoning more special infected, more hordes, less items and ammo, change the level to make the Survivors have a LOT more trouble...and so on. There would be places in the game that would change every playthrough, so you never had one set path to plan for. Also, there would be 'dynamic weather', where the weather would change, day would turn to night (based on real, EST time), and there were (admittedly rumored) partially destructible environments. None of these things are in the actual, finished game.

Take it for what you will, but in my opinion, Left 4 Dead 2 really did come out to be Left 4 Dead 1.2. It's a great game and all, I had a blast playing it. But it's not what it could have been...what it SHOULD have been.

Mercsenary

Oct 19, 2008
Demo was okay. Did not convince me to buy nor pre-order. Will wait until price drops or one of those half-price off weekends.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
If you hate fun this is not the game for you.

Seriously, you can kill a zombie by shoving him off a building while holding a garden gnome, take the gnome to a rock concert and kill zombies with a guitar on stage while fireworks go off. how can you dislike it.

I also like how people are sheep for stuff like halo odst, mw2 etc but this can not be a sequel...

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
CanOfPop said:
Katana314 said:
CanOfPop said:
New weapons, three new special infected, four new survivors, 5 new campaigns, 2 new game modes(with maps for all...) is hardly free DLC.
YES. [http://steamgames.com/tf2/heavy/] IT. [http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/] FREAKING. [http://steamgames.com/tf2/pyro/] IS. [http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_spy/day01_english.htm]
It's harder to design maps for L4D than TF2. In my opinion at least.

Just because TF2 has gotten amazing DLC doesn't mean every game should be set to it's standards.

L4D2 is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME THAN L4D2.
YEAH! You tell em! Left 4 Dead 2 is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME from Left 4 Dead 2! It's about time SOMEBODY spoke the truth!

saejox

Mar 4, 2009
i have question for you all;

How long did you play L4D?

it was good, but i got bored after 1 week. You?

CanOfPop

Nov 11, 2009
Well, I'm glad no one can actually argue my point that L4D2 is indeed a different game than L4D2.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
saejox said:

I have played it for close to a year. I still play it actually. It still hasn't gotten boring.

KosherGreenBean

Mar 31, 2009
I think that it's worth the money. It's a good game, and I have to admit I giggled like a little kid when I got my hands on the grenade launcher or the chainsaw. There's definately a lot more to do. The only thing that I would change is the fact that the AI controlled players are useless. I was being attacked by a hunter and Ellis was just standing there watching me die.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
saejox said:

I was playing until 16 November. Then it was 17 November and L4D2 came out.