So let's play a little game with Metacritic

lithiumvocals

Jun 16, 2010
In this thread, I want to do a little experiment. I want you to go on to Metacritic and find the game in your collection that has the highest critical metascore. I'd like to reserve this to games you have actually bought, so no pirated games or stuff that you've borrowed. After you've found the game with the highest score, find the game you own with the lowest critical score. Post both games and their respective scores here.. For good measure, find the games that you have with the highest and lowest user score as well.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Highest score - Halo: CE (Xbox): 97
Lowest score - Prototype (PS3): 79

Highest user score - Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 (GC): 8.8
Lowest user score - Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3): 5.0

So what do you want the scores for?

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
Highest rated- tie between Half-Life and Half-Life 2, both with a solid 96%.

The lowest still readily available in my collection is Section 8, with 69%. I think that game would have gotten better scores if it had skipped the campaign entirely and focused more on the "raining fiery death on your enemies in the form of your own steel-clad carcass" aspect of the game.

I'm not going to bother with user reviews, because they break the rules of statistical survey in so many ways that it actually hurts.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
My highest: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (99)
My lowest: Risen (60)

I almost forgot I had Risen. The next lowest was Alpha Protocol at 63, which is a game I adore.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Highest - Mass Effect 2, Xbox 360 (96)
Lowest - Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime, PC (43)

I'm not sure how to get it to arrange by user score, so I'd either have to search every game I've owned one at a time and keep a list, or ignore it. I'm lazy, and France is playing in less than ten hours, so I'm refusing to search.

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011
My highest is a tie between Half-Life 2 for PC and Mass Effect 2 for 360 at 96 each.

The lowest of the ones I can think of is Empire Earth for the PC (not surprising) at a 50.

As for user reviews:

Worst is Empire Earth again. Christ, that game was terrible; I forgot I even had it until I went looking through my PC games for this. (forgot to say the score; it was a 3.2)

Best is Portal 2 with a 9.5

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Highest critic score: GTA IV (PS3) - 98
Lowest critic score: Delta Force: Task Force Dagger (PC) - 51

Highest user score: Portal 2 (PC) - 9.5
Lowest user score: Mass Effect 3 (PS3) - 4.0

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Highest: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. (99)
Lowest: Superman 64 (Not on metacritic, but at 23 on GameRankings)

As for the user scores... I really could not even begin to guess.

EDIT: Yeah, I know, pretty much opposite ends of the quality spectrum. One of the best games of all time, and one of the worst. XD

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Wait... GTA IV HAS THE HIGHEST METACRITIC SCORE IN HISTORY? There is something wrong with that... WAIT! OoT is 99, but doesn't appear on the "highest rankings" list? Metacritic is broken.

Well, I guess My highest is Ocarina of Time, then, unless I own other 99 games or if some game actually got a 100.

I used to own Pimp My Ride, which got a whopping 26. Don't even ask how I acquired such horrible games. I can't even remember. Must've been drunk as all hell.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Elmoth said:
Highest rated: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/half-life-2
Lowest rated: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/adams-venture-the-search-for-the-lost-garden

I'm just going to go hang myself now.

I thought Starcraft 2 was my highest rated. I DO have a good game collection. Also I Adam's Venture is a game made in my country so that's why I have it (and why it's got a low score) but I've not even played it yet.

I don't see what the country of origin has to do with its score.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Highest is Ocarina of Time at 99. Lowest is probably one of my SNES games, and I don't feel like checking all of them.

Payned

Oct 19, 2011
Saladfork said:
My highest is a tie between Half-Life 2 for PC and Mass Effect 2 for 360 at 96 each.

The lowest of the ones I can think of is Empire Earth for the PC (not surprising) at a 50.

As for user reviews:

Worst is Empire Earth again. Christ, that game was terrible; I forgot I even had it until I went looking through my PC games for this. (forgot to say the score; it was a 3.2)

Best is Portal 2 with a 9.5
I was really confused because I thought Empire Earth was great, so I looked it up. You mean Empire Earth 3. I didn't even know there was an Empire Earth 3, maybe there's a reason for that...