So let's play a little game with Metacritic

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Highest Score: Bioshock, Half Life 2, Half Life, The Orange Box. All 96, top rated PC games of Metacritic.
Lowest Score: For now I'm betting Hydrophobia, with a score of 64. It's possible I have something worse that I can't think of, so I'll keep scrolling through, I'm just assuming Hydrophobia will be the worst.
EDIT1: inMomentum, with a score of 59. To be fair, that was in a bundle.
EDIT2: And that's it, at least out of PC games. I'm not going to bother checking my console games, since I can't remember what half of them are... It's been a long time since I played one of my consoles.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Highest rated: HL2, 96
Lowest rated: Stalin vs Martians, 25

Highest peers: Planescape Torment, 9.5
Lowest peers: Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, 2.8

Well, this has been.. illuminating.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Elmoth said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Elmoth said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Elmoth said:
We're just not very good at making games.
Minecraft and Amnesia: The Dark Descent are both pretty cool, in my opinion.
Those were made in the Netherlands?
Yeah, both of them were.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frictional_Games

They're both swedish. Those damn sweeds! "We're so great, with our bagette's and our eiffel tower!"
Rofl. I have no idea how I confused that. My bad!

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
Clearing the Eye said:
Elmoth said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Elmoth said:
Yeah, both of them were.
They're both Swedish actually. The Netherlands has made some good games as well though, such as the previously mentioned Killzone, de Blob, Awesomenauts, Overlord and Age of Wonders'
Edit: Ninja'd
Also edit: Forgot to respond to OT:
Highest critic score: Ocarina of Time - 99
Lowest critic score: Beyblade G-Revolution- 40

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Hylke Langhout said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Elmoth said:
Clearing the Eye said:
Elmoth said:
Yeah, both of them were.
They're both Swedish actually. The Netherlands has made some good games as well though, such as the previously mentioned Killzone, de Blob, Awesomenauts, Overlord and Age of Wonders
Yeah. They pointed it out. I have zero idea how I messed that up. But hey, they're all the same, right? :p

(iKid, iKid)

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
I didn't know they had individual pages for DLCs, so I'll just mention full games here

Highest is GTA 4 at 98

Lowest is HSX HyperSonic.Xtreme at 53

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Smertnik said:
Stalin vs Martians
Lolwut?

Mortai Gravesend said:
Vkmies said:
Wait... GTA IV HAS THE HIGHEST METACRITIC SCORE IN HISTORY? There is something wrong with that... WAIT! OoT is 99, but doesn't appear on the "highest rankings" list? Metacritic is broken.

Well, I guess My highest is Ocarina of Time, then, unless I own other 99 games or if some game actually got a 100.

I used to own Pimp My Ride, which got a whopping 26. Don't even ask how I acquired such horrible games. I can't even remember. Must've been drunk as all hell.
I checked it out and I think it only counts after 2000 in the huge sorted list. At least the one I've found

Anyway, my contributions are:

Ocarina of Time at 99
The Force Unleashed II at 43

Friends got me the second one without consultation, don't judge >__>

I *could* have worse than 43, but if so they came before the year 2000.
http://www.metacritic.com/advanced-search

Advanced search function. Check the box next to games. Input 98 in the "with average score greater than:" field. Marvel at it's awesomeness.

Ziggy

Jul 13, 2010
Saladfork said:
The lowest of the ones I can think of is Empire Earth for the PC (not surprising) at a 50.

As for user reviews:

Worst is Empire Earth again. Christ, that game was terrible; I forgot I even had it until I went looking through my PC games for this. (forgot to say the score; it was a 3.2)

Best is Portal 2 with a 9.5
That is a lie, Empire Earth is a great game and... oh. You are talking about Empire Earth 3. yes i must agree on that.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Highest Metacritic: Super Mario Galaxy
Highest User score: Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Don't have time to look for lowest as there is no shortcut in the way as to "highest score" link and have to go to work, maybe later...

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Highest: GTA 4 [98]
Lowest in collection: Tokyo Xtreme Racer DRIFT 2 (or Kaido Racer 2 as it's called where I'm from) [46]
Lowest ever bought: Shadow the Hedgehog [45]

I couldn't work out how to get the listing to go by user score. Shame, would have been more interesting than the critic's scores.

I also have OoT but I guess GTA 4 gets higher because it has more reviews. The game is fantastic but I agree it doesn't really deserve 98. Maybe around the 90 area but almost 100% is silly. And screw Metacritic! Kaido Racer 2 is pretty good! Also according to their listings they made a game of March of the Penguins.

EDIT: Found out how to do it by user score.

Highest: Switchball [9.1] / Pokemon SoulSilver [9.1]
Lowest in collection: Need for Speed Carbon [5.7]
Lowest ever bought: Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) [5.4]

Yeah, user scores are completely retarded. According to them the best ever game on DS is "My Fashion Studio" with 100% from 4 ratings, and the second best on 360 is "Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore" with a score of 9.8 from 4 ratings, including a review giving it 100. Switchball is a really cool little game though. People should try it out.

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
Saladfork said:
The lowest of the ones I can think of is Empire Earth for the PC (not surprising) at a 50.

As for user reviews:

Worst is Empire Earth again. Christ, that game was terrible; I forgot I even had it until I went looking through my PC games for this. (forgot to say the score; it was a 3.2)
Which metacritic website were you looking at? It sure as hell wasn't the normal one:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/empire-earth

Empire Earth: 81 critic score, 8.5 user score.
Not 50/3.2.

Dularn

Nov 7, 2006
Highest - Half Life 2 (96)
Lowest - Sniper: Ghost Warrior (55)

BUT I didn't buy it. Greenmangaming gave it away free.

Lowest I have paid for was The Guild 2: Renaissance (56).

I thought it was pretty decent though...

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Highest - Half Life 2 - 96

Is there a way to sort by users score? I couldn't find one.
Just looking at the first page for highest score, best user score is probably Portal at 9.5.

Lowest - Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword - 68 (Probably lowest user score as well - 6.3)

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Uncharted 2 - 96 (I still play it from time to time. Fantastic game)

Mortal Kombat vs DC - 76. It was ok.

Mortai Gravesend said:
Vkmies said:
Wait... GTA IV HAS THE HIGHEST METACRITIC SCORE IN HISTORY? There is something wrong with that... WAIT! OoT is 99, but doesn't appear on the "highest rankings" list? Metacritic is broken.

Well, I guess My highest is Ocarina of Time, then, unless I own other 99 games or if some game actually got a 100.

I used to own Pimp My Ride, which got a whopping 26. Don't even ask how I acquired such horrible games. I can't even remember. Must've been drunk as all hell.
I checked it out and I think it only counts after 2000 in the huge sorted list. At least the one I've found

Anyway, my contributions are:

Ocarina of Time at 99
The Force Unleashed II at 43

Friends got me the second one without consultation, don't judge >__>

I *could* have worse than 43, but if so they came before the year 2000.
Permission to judge your friend?

I'm itching to judge someone with extreme prejudice.

ofcoursekidding.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Highest Critic: Skyrim @96 just beating RDR @95
Lowest Critic: KOAR @80
Highest User: The Witcher @90
Lowest user: Civ 5 @67 (Really its TOR @ about 4.6 but I excluded that)