So notch is an assh*le......

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
can someone tell me what happened with extra creditz? it seems there was some kind of saga around it at some point.. mind filling me in? please...

harvz

Jun 20, 2010
ive seen their little panel on youtube, i noticed that they were avoiding swearing but there was a lot of swearing on the videos (these videos were apparently reviewed by minecon and given the thumbs up).

crystalsnow

Aug 25, 2009
Honestly? I don't really care.

The world is full of assholes. And the internet is pretty much a black hole for them. I don't like either side in this argument, and couldn't care less who's morally superior in the matter, and to be frank, neither should anyone else.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Kyuumi said:
Dfskelleton said:
Macrobstar said:
Dfskelleton said:
So Notch said something to those yogscast douchebags? That's freaking awesome. If I were in his position, I wish I would have the balls to do something like that.
Notch, on behalf of... me, thumbs up.
He was making false accusations and damaging there business, doesn't matter though as long as people you hate are getting hurt right?
Business? You mean making Minecraft LPs? That's not exactly what I would call "business".
Getting hurt? "Oh Boo Hoo! He said mean words to us! When will the hurting stop!?"
I wouldn't really call making a horribly coded, bugged game in Java with chunks of content missing out of it on release a business either.

Notch is one of the greediest developers there is, he didn't even pay for admissions to them, accuses them of doing things they didn't do and then his little company attempts to sell them out. Also, did you not realize that their forums were DDOS'd to the ground?

Notch fanboys are so delirious it's unbelievable.
Notch fanboy? Hmm, never been called that before.
As a reply to all of the flame I seem to have stirred from this morning to now, let me rephrase what I said earlier:
I do not like the two guys from Yogscast. They're just the type of people that strike me as douchebags. Something about them just bothers me. So, contrary to all the "geez, what a dick" comments, I find the situation to be pretty funny all in all. All of the sudden, the developer starts throwing childish comments at people who are usually doing the same, and then they respond in a way I could even classify as "mature". It's so blissfully ironic.

Another thing however that I must point out is that you act as if "Notch is greedy" will be news to me. That's where I'm lost.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Tenno said:
i am compleatly unbiased here, i never herd of yogscast till now and have alwayes felt meh about minecraft, but more and more notch is acting like a dick, first the bethesda thing and now this, hes letting all this herowhorship go to his head and he thinks his shit dont stink
Think you should look up the word "unbiased" there mate.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
We don't know the whole story, so there is little discussion value here. I'm not taking sides until I know facts.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
I still do not see how minecraft is so popular, even to this day.

I enjoyed terraria more.

Both are fun, but I dunno how it became such a huge sensation.

HalfBakedCheeto

Aug 20, 2011
I'll just pretend Minecraft is still made by that nice guy wearing a hat and beard, who's married and loves people. Problem solved.

Also http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/139722432251568129

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Michael Logan said:
Nouw said:
He donated $10,000 to Child's Play in Desert Bus for an auction yesterday. He is definitely not an asshole.
I once gave $1 to a homeless person, Im still an asshole though.
See the guy who quoted me. Who was this homeless person just out of curiosity. A friend or someone on the street?

Delritho said:
Nouw said:
Delritho said:
Nouw said:
He donated $10,000 to Child's Play in Desert Bus for an auction yesterday. He is definitely not an asshole.
Giving money to charity doesn't stop one from being an asshole.
Well I guess it's both yes and no but what I've seen in this thread about him apologizing, I can still conclude that he is not an asshole.
Apologizing certainly does help. But the matter should of been settled privately in the first place.
So the public announcement was the 'private settlement?' I think he should have done it privately. We agree on something, yay!

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Doragon Shinzui said:
Or Simon and Lewis could just be trying to cover their asses. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
I'm more inclined to believe Notch over those two. Sure, they're funny, but they aren't exactly what you'd call "Mature."
Exactly, hell, Notch apolgized in a tweet for acting with a knee jerk.

I don't like Yogscast and I know many reasons why I shouldn't, their not my type of humor, constant swearing doesn't make your sketch British humor. They have so many subscribers they feel like their famous, so they're videos are filled with cockiness, hold on a minute while I fetch a reddit post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/mkew4/my_experience_with_the_yogscast_team_at_minecon/

This is from someone who worked there. This is a good piece of the puzzle here. After that there was a video by Hero on youtube who's video I could NOT find. But if you pay attention to it, there were plenty of swears being thrown around by them and even the snide comment that their Yogbox mod made Minecraft great, and that vanilla was awful. I very much doubt their being serious and instead are just covering their own ass. Notch gains nothing for defacing Yogscast and what not.

Honestly, you don't drop 20 F bombs infront of children, ya' just don't.

Kyuumi said:
Notch is one of the greediest developers there is, he didn't even pay for admissions to them, accuses them of doing things they didn't do and then his little company attempts to sell them out. Also, did you not realize that their forums were DDOS'd to the ground?

Notch fanboys are so delirious it's unbelievable.
Can you give me anything to tell me that he is greedy, last I checked he spent 10,000$ on a children's fund. Your saying hes greedy when the only greedy thing I can think of him doing was basically buying a IP from someone to avoid a lawsuit. But that game has been dead for a while before the purchase, so I doubt it would be a problem either way.

And yes, they were invited there and only decided last minute that they would be there, I think you can't give money to people while on a plane.

Another reply, its put in spoilers for space:
AC10 said:
Delritho said:
AC10 said:
God I hate yogscast, I hope they crash and burn for this.
God I hate Notch I hope he crashes and burns and loses that lawsuit for this.

See? I can act like a giant douche too :D
Yep! And you have every right to that opinion.
Actually, in a questioning standpoint, the opinion he is sharing is actually incorrect, due to Yogscast wouldn't be making money from their Minecraft Lets Plays and what not if Notch didn't allow them too, because Youtube will remove anything if a copyright holder sees the material online and does not want it. So, technically, without Minecraft they would not be as big. Also, I agree with you and your first post.

A Free Man

May 9, 2010
Well I am not going to claim to know anything real about all this stuff. But as far as I'm concerened it is most likely Notch who is at fault here. All I know is that every time one of these big contraversies occur it is always Notch who first alerts the internet without talking to the other party first. I really don't like that as it is clear from such actions that he has no interest in working any of the issues out and is more interested in looking good in front of the public. Why else would he bother to slander people publicly even before actually talking to them about it. Regardless of whether or not what he said was true, that is just not right.

Magnicon

Nov 25, 2011
Anyone who has followed minecraft since it became popular shouldn't be surprised. Notch has a history of acting childish and unprofessional.

I find it odd that the thing that pissed notch off the most is cursing in front of children.

1. Invite people who curse to children on youtube regularly to Minecon.
2. Go over the preview of their set, and not say anything about watching language.
3. They curse.
4. Flip out on them.
5. Fail to mention that whole thing where Mojang employees cursed on stage in front of children during the Cobalt bit. Oops?
6. Talks about masturbation in an interview for Minecon.
7. Makes a joke about having sex with Simons mother in an interview for Minecon.

Also this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeqODZQCKyI
I can't stand the yogscast, but notch comes off terribly throughout this entire interview.