So of all the games shown off at E3 which did you like and/or want?

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Wolfenstein 2, mostly. Fortnite (which was announced slightly beforehand), Monster Hunter World.

I enjoyed New Order and Old Blood (minus the idiotic stealth boss), so seeing them get a bit more heavily invested in the world, and probably delivering the same core gameplay works. Fortnite I've been following for a bit, and Epic is another studio thats sort of kept up a decent reputation with me. While I've never owned anything Monster Hunters been available for previously, I know Dragons Dogma combat was often compared and cited to that. And a co-op Dragons Dogma with more monsters and not weighed down by that half-***ed story effort and bland world sounds great.

Skull'n'Bones sort of tentatively. I'd have to get some demo time in or something to get a feel for the gameplay. Also, whether Ubisoft handles servers right for it. It seems a little more versatile and less likely to fall into the boredom fest of hyper-defensive tactics that For Honor did, but never know.

Anthem is a distantly possible interest. But they'd have to give me something other then just third-person Destiny.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
We don't know anything about them yet, but the prospect of Metroid Prime 4 and a new core Pokemon game means I will have to buy a Switch now. Though Mario Odyssey looked great as well.

Other than that, Spider-Man looked okay, Shadow of the Colossus remake was exciting, really keen to check out DBZ Fighters (amazing how popular that one is) and Metro Exodus. I don't have much access to multiplayer atm, but Sea of Thieves and that prison escape game both looked interesting.

I think Wolfenstein 2 might be the one I'm most keen on though. Loved the first one.

chrissx2

Sep 15, 2008
Wolfenstein
Metro
Age of Empire 1 remaster
Maaaaybe the new AC
The Crew 2
Dishonored 2 DLC
Maaybe the new SW:BF2 for SP
Mount&Blade 2
Maaaybe Forza Motorsport 7 (tho the Horizon 3 was sooo damn bad, I'm not sure if I want another one)
Sea of Thieves
aaaand maaaaybe New Need for Speed - though I already see there crappy car handling, shitty burnout-style car combat, awful story and loads of cringy cutscenes.

C14N

May 28, 2008
Mario Odyssey is the only one I saw that looked like a surefire win and a must-buy.

Spooderman looked crap, no interest in it unless the final game is quite different from the hand-holding gameplay demo shown.

God of War has my interest. I'm a little skeptical about melee combat with lots of enemies using an over-the-shoulder perspective but I'm open to it possibly being really good and I'm glad that it at least looks like a fairly substantial departure from the formula of the first 4.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
BaldursGateTemple said:
Far Cry 5 even though I've yet to beat any of them or even play 3 and 4 which I'll get to soon, oh and Primal
I dont think you should play 3 and 4 since they are all too samey, even while 5 looks a bit better it still has a lot of the same (the enemy animations looked identical). So if you play 5 without playing the rest it will feel much better (like a fresh new experience at least). Maybe play them after, I doubt you could finish 4 straight out of finishing 3. At some point you will just get tired of grassy green hills.

EDIT: I just realised that the AK47 model is exactly the same in both games, altough I dont blame them, Far Cry 4 has some really good weapon models and textures, no point on redoing everything from scratch if its still good (and they did re-do the textures, being really impressive textures, the way the light reacts is really good)

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
GIMME NOW
Metroid

Interested
Metro Exodus
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Wolfenstein 2

Nothing else is currently getting me hot and bothered.
Maybe later on, when there's more info and actual gameplay to be seen.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
i think ultimately for me its wolfenstein 2..probably because one of the lines from a trailer was "there are lots of things you can do with a hatchet and a nazi" see these people understand what people want haha

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
I thought E3 was very poor this year but there a few that stood out that I might get:
Shadow of War - I thought the first was kinda limited but the second seems like it will have plenty to do but am reserving my decision until release.
South: FBW - Liked the first and was looking forward to the second, also Ubisoft isn't as likely to fuck it up as the South Park Creators had final say over decisions.
Wolfenstein - this is a big maybe though. I want to see if it is as goofy as the trailers suggested and whether Blazkowicz's accent is as bad as I think it is this time around.

I've also got my eye on:
Beyond Good & Evil 2 - Don't fuck this up Ubisoft.
The Evil Within 2 - I did not think a sequel was necessary, especially playing as Sebastien again, after the first one ended so shoddily but we'll see if this is worthwhile.
God of War - It's suffering from the vestiges of Sony's increasingly flaccid boner over the Last of Us but maybe someone on the development team will go "Hey wait a minute this is meant to be an action game!" and will fix it when it releases in two years time.
Code Vein - Can't tell if it'll be decent or terrible.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
- God of War
- Spiderman
- Dragon Ball Fight
- Absolver
- Vampyr
- Ni No Kuni 2
- Wolfenstein 2
- Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
- Destiny 2
- Life is Strange 2
- Indivisible
- 13 Sentinels

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
josemlopes said:
EDIT: I just realised that the AK47 model is exactly the same in both games, altough I dont blame them, Far Cry 4 has some really good weapon models and textures, no point on redoing everything from scratch if its still good (and they did re-do the textures, being really impressive textures, the way the light reacts is really good)
Well yeah, an AK-47 is an actual thing. Once you've modeled it accurately (probably with a scanner of some sort?), you can really only add texture fidelity. Its not like its a creative design out of some artists head that they iterate and improve on.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Excited:

Uncharted: Lost Legacy
The Last Night
Shift
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wild Lands

Lukewarm:

Shadows of Colossus
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Ashen
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

On the fence:

Assassin?s Creed: Origins
Anthem
God of War
Beyond Good & Evil 2
CodeVein
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Metroid Prime 4

Feb 7, 2016
First off: Far Cry 5 is going to have PROPER campaign co op. No watered down, separated co op experience. I've wanted this feature since Far Cry 2, and Far Cry 3 ended up being a let down, and Far Cry 4 was just a cock tease.

I'm pretty excited for a Mario game. That literally hasn't happened since Mario 64.

The Metro series is incredible and I'm more than enticed for this next one. Hopefully the open world look the trailer echoed won't water the experience down.

Dad of War