So relationships...Why?

creager91

Mar 3, 2011
SoulkeeperX said:
I personally see them as a waste of time. Time and time again I see people put themselves through all kinds of personal hell over things like, "Omg does this person like me?" "She did THIS the other day does that mean she hates me?" "I cry myself to sleep every night because I don't have the guts to ask her out and now she's dating that douchebag" blah blah blah etc etc

I mean honestly...people go through that and sometimes DO end up dating the person they want, only to have them cheat on them, abuse them, or dump them without warning or reason (Which women tend to do a lot) Thus they end up severely depressed for a long time, sometimes for years, ending up in a worse positing than they were before, sure that doesn't happen all the time, but why expose myself to that risk?
While I agree with your general idea...I can totally see why sephiroth is your avatar lol

TipsyPeaches

Aug 3, 2009
creager91 said:
TipsyPeaches said:
after my ex fiance ditched me for going to Japan for uni, which had been planned for well over a year before I got with him, i've been rather distrustful of relationships. Doesn't mean I believe I'll never have another meaningful relationship, I'm just going to be a lot more wary in future.
Do you know if hes ok? you know with all the disaster in the area there?

oh, he's scottish, he was never anywhere near Japan. He ditched me becuase I had to do a yaer abroad there for uni.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Its had to say but I liked a girl and I dont know if she is the one, but the problem is that she is my best friend's sister that is 13 years old BUT hey im 16 so thats three years younger and I want to tell her that I like her but I dunno when and how and also how to tell my best friend....

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
If you balance your relationships well, you can have it so that having that someone special in your life won't impede upon your life and your freedom until you decide to get serious.

My girlfriend only adds to my life, and occasionally drains my wallet >>

creager91

Mar 3, 2011
shaun1788 said:
Its had to say but I liked a girl and I dont know if she is the one, but the problem is that she is my best friend's sister that is 13 years old BUT hey im 16 so thats three years younger and I want to tell her that I like her but I dunno when and how and also how to tell my best friend....
Just be straight up about it, just be like hey I think your sister is kinda cute

StormShaun

Feb 1, 2009
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
Just be straight up about it, just be like hey I think your sister is kinda cute
Thanks for the help, I will try that sometime....

creager91

Mar 3, 2011
shaun1788 said:
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
Well hold on, is your best friend a girl or a guy?

StormShaun

Feb 1, 2009
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
He be a guy...

creager91

Mar 3, 2011
Ok then
shaun1788 said:
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
He be a guy...
Ok then your prob best off just bein straightforward, at least thats how id do it but im also a master with my words

StormShaun

Feb 1, 2009
creager91 said:
Ok then
shaun1788 said:
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
He be a guy...
Ok then your prob best off just bein straightforward, at least thats how id do it but im also a master with my words
Thanks but now I need to say to her I like her, butI dunno if she's got the idea or if she likes me....

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
Well, I was more or less resigned to thinking that relationships are what other people do. I just didn't think about them, and if I did, it was more or less summed up with "eh, waste of time."
But now there's a possibility that a person I very, very much respect and like, would be up for it with me. To more or less paraphrase, neither of us wants to rush the things, since that always seems to go badly in the end, and I live pretty far away at the moment anyway. But I'll be moving closer in the not too distant future and neither of us would be opposed to the idea of something coming out of this in the end.
So I don't know, I guess the "why" is that when there's somebody worth it, it'd be, well, worth it. Or something.

shaun1788 said:
Thanks but now I need to say to her I like her, butI dunno if she's got the idea or if she likes me....
Really, the only way to say it is, in the end, to say it. It's really terrifying, but that's them apples. So, either you tell her, or you give up on it and move on if you really can't. But if you think at all, in any way, that it'd be worth it to at least test the waters, then go for it. Feel brave, and do it before you'll have the chance to think about it. Either it's mutual, or it's not. If she also likes you, then that's that and you can be happy. If she cannot feel the same for you, then you'll still be certain.

So really, go for it. It might feel horrifying, and if it doesn't work out it will hurt, but it's worth the pain.

creager91

Mar 3, 2011
shaun1788 said:
creager91 said:
Ok then
shaun1788 said:
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
creager91 said:
shaun1788 said:
He be a guy...
Describe the situation a little bit for me, like when youre over at their house how does she behave and when your alone with her and do you see her anywhere else? like at school maybe? how does she behave then? and when she has friends around her