So, what did you end up buying in the Steam Sale? And, how much did you spend?

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
their fucking treasure hunt. i bought about a million indie games that i hate. spent probably $30 and got like 10 games. man. still, i got the tre-sha hat!

warprincenataku

Jan 28, 2010
Grotesque Tactics

Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers

Back to the Future: The Game < My most excited to play purchase. :D

Mahha

May 20, 2009
For some reason I could not buy anything from steam. Thank god for that because I almost bought Burnout Paradise (a game which they were giving away at the EA store) on top of that I thought that it was Test Drive Unlimited - huzzah for captain retard over here.
I also wanted to buy Star Trek online and Neverwinter nights 2 pack thing.

I think it's because I have an United Kingdom account (or maybe it was the credit card) and I was on holidays in mainland Europe.

No harm, I suppose.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
lacktheknack said:
Chibz said:
Nothing. Steam is all garbage in that it's a massive scam. Any price for a leased game is too much. Except if they priced it down to $0.01 / game...
I don't get how people can say it's leased. You can back the files up to a disk that doesn't need Steam to run, I'm fairly sure. And even if it does need Steam, you've still got a physical copy that works on any computer. Probably on any account.

I'm gonna go test this out now.
How did your test go? I'm interested to know if it worked, and how. :) I haven't bought a single steam game ever because I thought I couldn't have a physical copy.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Half Life 2 ($4.99)
Half Life: Source ($2.99)
Garry's Mod, which I'm currently addicted to ($4.99)
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth ($7.99)
Penumbra: Black Plague ($4.99)

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
The only thing I absolutely NEEDED to buy was Torchlight, but was pleasantly surprised with everything else I purchased.

Torchlight - $5
Puzzle Quest - $1.50
Sim City 4 - $5
Spore - $7.50
All King's Bounty games - $15, or something like that
Dawn of War 1 - $5
X2 - $1.50

Something like $40 in total. I'm stoked.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Firia said:
lacktheknack said:
Chibz said:
Nothing. Steam is all garbage in that it's a massive scam. Any price for a leased game is too much. Except if they priced it down to $0.01 / game...
I don't get how people can say it's leased. You can back the files up to a disk that doesn't need Steam to run, I'm fairly sure. And even if it does need Steam, you've still got a physical copy that works on any computer. Probably on any account.

How did your test go? I'm interested to know if it worked, and how. :) I haven't bought a single steam game ever because I thought I couldn't have a physical copy.
It burned and reinstalled fine, and was quick and painless to burn, but I can't get a second Steam account to test the cross-account installation.

Considering how Steam has an offline mode, I think that it gives me the closest thing it can to a physical copy of a game.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Lets see, I bought Penumbra Black Plague Gold Edition for £3.50 and Counterstrike : Source for £3.50

Not much on there I really wanted.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
$15. Picked up the complete Mount & Blade for $10 and AAAAaaaAAAaaa: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity for $5. Both games I've been considering getting for a while--the sale put me over the edge. Don't regret it at all :)

Chamale

Sep 9, 2009
My friend got me Garry's Mod, so I got Day of Defeat: Source and Half Life 2: Episode 2 to go with it, so I have more characters to play with. Set me back $9.

aether-x3

Jul 15, 2010
Nothing, But was thinking about buying Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition but wasnt sure If my Laptop would be able to handle it.

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Knights of the old Republic
All of Valves games

All for £26, I thought that was a pretty awesome deal

Ben Agar

Dec 4, 2010
Am very, very broke so couldn't afford much but did get Fallout New Vegas which I thoroughly enjoyed for cheap

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
I only spent like $7 on the Killing Floor bundle. I would've bought more, but I already had those games.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Amnesia
Aquaria
The Ball
Borderlands: Robot Revolution
Day of Defeat Source
Dead Rising 2
Dead Space
Death Spank
Defense Grid
Deus Ex
Deus Ex Invisible war
Far Cry 1/2
Greed Corp
Just Cause 2
Killing Floor
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Overlord 1/2
Red Faction: Guerrilla
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Bundle
Shank
Starwars Jedi Bundle
Super Meat Boy
Swords and Soilders HD

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Chibz said:

I don't know if what you're saying is possible, but the idea that it's being leased to you is incorrect anyway.

They just seem to obsess with the idea that you own the disc (you pay for the files on the disc people, other then that it's irrelevant) - Valve have categorically stated that should they shut down or should they discontinue with the use of Steam then people will be able to download their games and play them without the use of Steam.

Since there's no evidence to suggest otherwise (and given Valve's track-record with the community), anyone saying that they're lying needs to look at how to form an argument.

She seems to be a console-only gamer anyway; what do you reckon the bets are she's never touched Steam?

OT: All the Mafia 2 DLC (£3), GTA collection (£6), Max Payne 2 (£4), Torchlight (£3), EVE Online (£3), Bad Company 2 (£6), FO: New Vegas (£15), Prince of Persia: WW and TTT (£4).

Grand total of £44.

coldasicedrummer

Jul 29, 2009
Sixcess said:
I overdid it a little bit...

Aliens vs Predator
Alpha Protocol
ARMA II
Bioshock
Blood Bowl
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
C&C: Tiberium Wars
C&C: Red Alert 3
Crysis
Dead Space
Dragon Age: Origins
Hitman Trilogy
Half Life 2
Indigo Prophecy
Jericho
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead
Metro 2033
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Quake
Quake 2
Velvet Assassin
Zeno Clash

115 quid all in.

I have a lot of catching up to do.
Phew, thought I was the only one that went overboard.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Borderlands
Dragon Age: Origins
Doom II
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Prince of Persia: Two Thrones
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Painkiller: Black Edition
realMYST
Riven
Secret of Monkey Island bundle