So, what did you get for Christmas?

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
I just felt like bragging about the gifts I got, so here we go:
I got 3 books:
--"Strindberg's Star" by Jan Wallentin
--"Die Trying" by Lee Child
--"Under the Dome" by Stephen King (yay!)
A lot of chocolate, tickets to one Nightwish's upcoming concert and their newest album (Imaginaerum)[AWESOME!], two coupons to a ski center, a disk drive for the computer, that I'm making, and Kingston HyperX blu KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX memory.

What did you get, and are you happy with your gifts?

EDIT: I see there's another thread more or less about the same subject. I humbly apologize for not searching BEFORE posting.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I just woke up on Christmas Eve, but I know that I'm getting the Firefly collection as well as this because I asked for them specifically and my family has such trouble getting me gifts that they always jump at whatever "hints" I give them.

piplink

Mar 11, 2011
my family has a thing where i can open 1 gift on christmas eve. and i got a new gaming chair that i hooked up to my xbox so i can play skyrim in surround sound. tomorrow is going to be the best christmas ever. oh and i also got a graphics card the day before thanksgiving that sort of counts as my christmas present.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Seeing as my family isn't speaking to me, and my boyfriend violently hates Christmas, all I can really say is that for Chanukkah (the boyfriend celebrates it, but I never really have on account of I was raised Catholic) I got a bird ornament. The only reason he got it for me because birds aren't Christmas-y.

So, my Christmas blows and I'm deeply depressed.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Just a little over 4 hours 'til Xmas in the UK.

But nothing much, I get some money and some clothes. It's my toddler that get spoilt like shit by everyone; in-fact, a number of presents have been open.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
I got:
*Some socks
*$50 of iTunes
*Some art supplies
*Seasons 1-4 of American Dad

Eh, not a complete write-off. :p

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
Soods said:
14 hours? On Christmas? You must have got paid well for that :O
Nope. Just a normal work day. I have a steady wage too so it doesn't really matter how many hours I work. I most likely won't even get paid extra for working on holidays. I could complain but my moron boss wanted to fire me for saying "mhm" instead of "yes" once so I won't.
I'm also working till 9pm on the 31st and from 8am on the 1st :)

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
HardkorSB said:
Nope. Just a normal work day. I have a steady wage too so it doesn't really matter how many hours I work. I most likely won't even get paid extra for working on holidays. I could complain but my moron boss wanted to fire me for saying "mhm" instead of "yes" once so I won't.
Wow, that sucks! I hope you atleast enjoy your job, otherwise I'd say it is about time to start looking for a bit less aweful job.

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
HardkorSB said:
Soods said:
14 hours? On Christmas? You must have got paid well for that :O
If you've worked there for 2 years + you can always lodge a complaint for unfair dismissal and you'll almost certainly win. :)

If not.. you're kinda screwed. :p

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. My first PF album, not my last. I absolutely love it.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Lets see...:
Batman: Arkham City.
A Ramones coffe mug.
A Sex Pistols wall banner.
A skull t-shirt.
A lot of chocolate.

That's about it. I think it all went rather well.

vidirg

Sep 23, 2009
We have a different tradition here in Iceland instead of one Santa the kids get 13 and they put one shoe in the window Dec 11th, so every night one of the Santas come and give them a present, then we start celebrating Dec 24th and we eat dinner at 18:00 or 06:00pm and we open the packages at 19:00 or 07:00pm.

But I got:
two hoodies
5 pairs of socks
Icelandic comedy cd called Fabio rocks christmas
4500 isk (it's 37 us dollars) for a comic book store.
a lot of Quality Street candy
and a gaming mouse.

this christmas is probably my second favorite, my favorite was in 2005 or 2004 when I got a PS2

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
Well, it's not Christmas in Canada yet, but I do know in advance that I'm getting;

'Snuff,' by Terry Pratchett
Skyrim Official Guide
iPod Speakers
Probably some chocolate

And then I have no idea what else. Still, it should be good (although I don't really have the heart to inform my mum of the futility of a guide to Skyrim).

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
Most notably:

Two copies of H.P. Lovecraft's "Eldritch Tales" in hardcover, gonna have to exchange one for something else. Not bad, though! The books are very beautiful.
14000 ISK.
Two neckties.
Two sets of suspenders.
Some tasty coffee beans.
A revised edition of Iceland's constitution.

All in all, I'm very pleased.