So, what did you get for Christmas?

baconbaby299

May 7, 2011
40 minutes till XMas where I'm sitting. Cast your mind back to 10/11/11, that's the anticipation I feel right now.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Being Swedish, we celebrate on Christmas Eve. Right now I'm sitting with my new vest I got, my usb memory plugged into the computer, looking at a strange troll-face looking rock my sister got me, and failing to remember what other gifts I got.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
About 20 games (self-bought; yay Steam!), 2 books, some candy, gloves, and a vest-coat thing.

But I gave so much stuff... a kindle, a game, candy, a national geographic collection, another game, one or two or three copies of Skyrim (undecided), and Elder Sign. Having money is fun!

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
I asked for a Colt M4 Carbine. I do hope that I get it. I mean, what better way to celebrate than shooting? The answer is that there is no better way.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Honestly? So far its about 2 hours into christmas and i've gotten (all from a girl i really only started speaking to lots about 4 months ago and her mother) 34 ducks (running joke) a bottle of jack daniels, a fairy ornament, some duck speakers, duck headphones, a duck pen, a duck rubber, a metal shot glass and an actual drinking glass, both with the jack daniels logo on it.

I also got (off one other lovely lady i know) a little gift bag of things she say's i usually complain about not having, so I got horlicks, conditioner (my nan usually forgets to get some when she pops out to the shop so i'll have to go get it :p) a mini tank and... another duck.

Then from the rest of my friends I got booze, a barenaked ladies greatest hits CD, more ducks (seriously, so many ducks).

Now to wait till morning. Best christmas EVER

Sangreal Gothcraft

Feb 28, 2011
I got a job so X mas Comes to me Every week..... they offer me to buy stuff for me i say no..i hate waiting and don't see point of delaying it... for me..just to open it on a Special day Durrr...

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
Soods said:
I just felt like bragging about the gifts I got, so here we go:
my calendar says its christmas eve so.... wait, *gasp*........are you from the future?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
soren7550 said:
...I got a bird ornament. The only reason he got it for me because birds aren't Christmas-y.

So, my Christmas blows and I'm deeply depressed.
Don't tell your Boyfriend about he Partridges in Pear Trees, Turtle Doves, French Hens, Calling Birds, Geese a Laying, and Swans a Swimming or he'll take your bird ornament.

It's still Christmas Eve here, but I am getting: Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Itunes Cards, and either an Xbox Card to get Banjo-Tooie on the Xbox with or Banjo-Tooie for the N64. I'll update this message when I know what I got.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Well Christmas doesn't start for a few more hours, and I had my Birthday a few days ago where I got the two things that I asked for, so in all honesty I have no idea what I'm getting.

I asked for a TV, though that was extremely half hearted because I doubt I'd get one, but I can still hope.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
00slash00 said:
Soods said:
I just felt like bragging about the gifts I got, so here we go:
my calendar says its christmas eve so.... wait, *gasp*........are you from the future?
I don't know about the rest of the world, but in at least a few Scandinavian countries it's customary to open gifts on Christmas Eve.

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
so far, I know I got a chair, since that's what I'm sitting in...
Other than that... I got coal, a coupon for 25% off a valve title, and a coupon for 50% off the ball (steam... I love you).
I don't know anything else of what people got me, the suspense makes it worthwhile.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
vidirg said:
We have a different tradition here in Iceland instead of one Santa the kids get 13 and they put one shoe in the window Dec 11th, so every night one of the Santas come and give them a present, then we start celebrating Dec 24th and we eat dinner at 18:00 or 06:00pm and we open the packages at 19:00 or 07:00pm.

But I got:
two hoodies
5 pairs of socks
Icelandic comedy cd called Fabio rocks christmas
4500 isk (it's 37 us dollars) for a comic book store.
a lot of Quality Street candy
and a gaming mouse.

this christmas is probably my second favorite, my favorite was in 2005 or 2004 when I got a PS2
Hey, just curious, what happens to the shoe? Do they have to put fourteen more shoes as Christmas approaches?

P.s.: I was just sent to the "you must agree to the code of conduct page." I'm not trolling here. I am genuinely curious. I've never heard of putting shoes in the window and would like to know the origin of the custom.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
It blows my mind that someone would get his/her first Pink Floyd album. I guess that shows how old I am. When cd players first became reasonable (cost-wise), my first two cds were Dark Side of the Moon and Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band--though I had long since had both of them as LPs.

You might want to get the Wall and Piper at the Gates of Dawn. Those are my two favorite Floyd albums. I would also strongly recommend the first side of Final Cut--the album's second side tends to lose steam, but the first half is great.

We haven't yet gotten to Christmas here in the States, so I can't say what I've gotten yet.