So what do you think about cannabis?

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Aphex Demon said:
you can have the most fun talking about fuck all.
You can do that without pot, you know.

Seinfeldian Conversations [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldianConversation].

OT: Legalize it, but I don't really like it. I mean, right now I'm convinced that it does things to you that you can do to yourself anyway (makes you hungry, lazy, and laugh at pretty much anything; don't eat lunch, lazy weekend/sunday, and I already laugh at nearly anything in the right mood).

Now, I do plan on trying it at some point in life but in the form of pot brownies or pot INSERT-BAKED-GOODS-NAME-HERE, 'cause I do have asthma and probably won't be able to handle the smoke.

cookieXkiller

Mar 7, 2010
Mcupobob said:
I think its awesome should be legal. Helps me sleep, helps me relax and just take a step back and enjoy life and get prepared to tackle tomorrow. Though thats my thing and its not for everyone.
totally agree with you
some weekends me and some friends all chill , watch a movie or two , get some food and light up
makes some bad weeks so much better
but it shouldnt be around those who dont want it.
Legalising it could make the government so much more popular and put a nice 45% tax on it. There is the cash profit.

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
I'm in favor of legalization for a lot of reasons, but the most pressing one is this:

In a free society, it is none of the government's business what individuals do to their bodies and minds in their free time.

Void Droid

Oct 6, 2010
I read the topic as "So what do you think about cannibals?", I was ready to just state "If a person has to eat, and the person they eat is already dead, then go for it"... glad I read the full post now.

Maddudeguy

Jun 8, 2009
I never really got the illegalization of Weed... I mean cigarettes are legal, and around five and a half million people die a year
from that, alcohol is legal and a lot of people die from that to, and there's no recorded fatalities from pot....

I think it should be legalized, It has in the us anyway now for medicinal purposes why not just be able to buy it at your local
newsagents?

Plus it tastes bloody nice.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
SeaCalMaster said:
I'm in favor of legalization for a lot of reasons, but the most pressing one is this:

In a free society, it is none of the government's business what individuals do to their bodies and minds in their free time.
a) no such thing as a free society.
b) it becomes the government's concern when what someone does to their own body and mind affects someone else. And I'd challenge any drug user (yes, I include alcohol and tobacco) to say truthfully that their using hasn't had an effect on others (smokers going through withdrawals, I'm particularly looking at you)

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
captainfluoxetine said:
-Snip-
Booze makes people act like bigger twats.
Your point? At least they are acting like "twats" in a pub, and away from me.
Plus, booze doesn't make them smell vulgar. Pot does.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
This thread again, eh?
I reckon there's nothing wrong with a bit of weed, IMO it does far less social harm or harm to the user than alcohol. Not zero harm, but not far off zero either. For nearly two decades I've chosen to partake from time to time because I enjoy it, and it certainly hasn't prevented me from forming valued relationships with other people, nor has it prevented me holding down a well paying, complex technical job.

Maddudeguy

Jun 8, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
captainfluoxetine said:
-Snip-
Booze makes people act like bigger twats.
Your point? At least they are acting like "twats" in a pub, and away from me.
Plus, booze doesn't make them smell vulgar. Pot does.
What are you talking about? Booze makes you stink of shit!

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
maddudeguy said:
-Snip-
I've never heard of such a drink that through consumption makes people smell of "shit". Maybe if they crap themselves, sure, but not just by drinking it.
Plus, at least the people I have to come into contact with almost every day are out of my face when they are drinking, so I only have to deal with the stench of their illegal smoking habit >.>
Edit: Now, if a company could produce a cannabis product that didn't have an offensive smell, perhaps I'd be more in favour of it being legalised... a bit more in favour.

Maddudeguy

Jun 8, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
maddudeguy said:
-Snip-
I've never heard of such a drink that through consumption makes people smell of "shit". Maybe if they crap themselves, sure, but not just by drinking it.
Plus, at least the people I have to come into contact with almost every day are out of my face when they are drinking, so I only have to deal with the stench of their illegal smoking habit >.>
Edit: Now, if a company could produce a cannabis product that didn't have an offensive smell, perhaps I'd be more in favour of it being legalised... a bit more in favour.
I didn't mean literally the stentch of shit, just makes you smell pretty horrible..... Plus I like
the smell of pot so It doesn't really bother me..... Though thats just personal preference :)

dan-wah

Dec 21, 2010
I'd rather smoke a few J's than drink a few beers, least I know how in control I am after 10 spliffs. As for the legal aspect, i'd love it to be decriminalised/ made legal because the stuff you get would have less crap in it but the tax would be enormous...

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i dont care if its legal or not just aslong as your not like those idiot miners i heard about on triple j the other day. they get drug tested regularly so they all started smoking this legal synthetic stuff that gives you a similar high but doesnt show up on tests.

well they smoke it at work which would be so bad if they worked in a office but they drive big trucks like the one below. basically i dont care as long as its treated similiar to beer, you cant go to work high, cant drive high, cant take care of children high. things like that.

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
Absolutely no reason it shouldn't be legal. Now, I've never touched the shit, never intend to, but frankly if someone wants to do it in the privacy of their own home, who the hell is some guy sitting behind a desk a thousand miles away and when did he become the grandmaster dictator of all free will?

And if you want to get into practical benefits, let's discuss a few. Namely, economics. You know how much we in the US spend each year keeping that shit illegal? Too much. Too much that we don't have. It sucks up money and spews out crime. Now imagine we made it totally legal - boom, no more crime associated with it, and there's a huge source of revenue. Now if you're a student of history, you'll recall that we've been in this situation before - it was called prohibition, and lifting it was one of the best things we ever did. And if you want additional benefits, studies have actually shown that in environments where it's either legal or not enforced, slightly fewer people, not more, do it.

So that's government not interfering with free will, less crime, more money, and fewer people doing it. Now what was your argument for keeping it illegal again?

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
All drugs should be legal. The government should have no say when it comes to what a person wants to do with their bodies.

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
All drugs should be legal. The government should have no say when it comes to what a person wants to do with their bodies.
Also this ^ ^ ^

The government should only get involved if people start putting other people at direct risk, and then only by incarcerating those individual people, not all people who've ever done it.

Shit though, think about that. That would not only solve the US's drug-crime problem, that would also solve the illegal immigration problem. With the drug cartels out of power in Mexico, suddenly Mexico would be a much better country and people would stop trying to come here. Legalizing all drugs would really be killing two birds with one stone.

Technocrat

Nov 19, 2008
I have no intention of ever using it (having mostly been put off by what I see happens to its users), but frankly I think legalisation would have a positive impact.

It would take income away from the criminal element thus far monopolising its sale.

It would provide another potential crop for farmers struggling in this economic climate.

Most importantly, it may shut those self-righteous hippies up (omg maaaan, the government's like, out to get us etc)