so what is your current GOTY 2015.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
I think Dying light is the only game I played that came out this year and in truth I almost forgot it did. I honestly can't recall many games I played that came out this year

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Only one game has had the balls this year. Agar.io. HotS or Strife certainly aren't GOTY, and I haven't played other 2015 titles. Though maybe you could say Binding of Isaac: Rebirth has been GOTY for me thus far.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Well I'd say its going to be a toss up between The Witcher 3 and Metal Gear Solid V, although Persona 5 could become a contender (based on what little we've seen so far).

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Well, it's only almost the end of May, so I'd say that it's too soon to really choose. But if I had to, and this is going with the definition of my Most Played Game (Thus defining my year in gaming), it'd have to be Destiny. Is it the best game of this year, especially since it came out last year? In a word, no. But it's still fun. The only other contender would be Dragon Age: Inquisition, which also came out last year, but I would say is a better game overall, but I haven't played as much this year.

If I'm honest, I haven't actually played any of this year's new games, because none have interested me that came out on the 360, and the one that does, Bloodborne, is a PS4 exclusive. And sadly, I'm too cheap to get a PS4 anytime soon, so I can only drool at Let's Play's of that for the time being. I would vote for Bloodborne, but I haven't played it. So, my vote is on Destiny. Played it the most, so it defines this year for me.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
This hasn't been a very exciting year so far but I'm still loving Monster Hunter 4U every bit as much the rest of the series.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong might sway me though....

zumbledum

Nov 13, 2011
hmm im one of those tiny minority that dont like witcher of bloodborne much and im playing games from last year or earlier alot, Elite, endless legend, war thunder and ive re discovered marvel heroes , so for me i think its currently dying light as thats the game ive put most time into that was actually released this year. but im hopeing Killing floor 2 or darkest dungeon are worthy when they make it out of early access.

Don Incognito

Feb 6, 2013
So far, Pillars of Eternity, by a large margin. Cities: Skylines would be in the running if it had a little more game to the game. Shadowrun: Hong Kong could be a contender, looking forward to it.

NerAnima

Jun 29, 2013
For me, it's a tossup between Crypt of the Necrodancer (it got its official release this year, so it counts) and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker. Both I'm enjoying immensely, even if one of them is a re-release with an extra day added onto the story (which, in context, is pretty huge).

Last minute thoughts: Wait, did the 3d Majora's Mask come out this year? Then that is my second/third. That game is amazing, but the two above, I feel, are even better. Maybe just because I prefer the Gamecube boss fights.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Oh shit, have I actually played any 2015 games yet...? Lemme consult the wiki...

Well, Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii U was kinda crap...stupid motion controls...haven't got Majora's Mask from my GF yet and didn't like that when it was on the N64...Mario Party 10 is basically Mario Party 9-2 which is better praise than it sounds but it's still kinda crap...yeah, I haven't played much of anything this year. I really enjoyed the Global Testfire so I'm going to preemptively give my current GotY to Splatoon but other than that I have no idea. I'm waiting on E3 and for enough money to get games from the last few years. I still haven't played DK-Tropical Freeze for instance.

It may be old but Shadowrun Returns is the game that I'm having the most fun playing right now, ie; this year...so there's that I suppose.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Definitely the Witcher 3 so far. IMO, it is the new gold standard for open world RPGs. I love Skyrim, but the amount of love and care put into this world, it's characters, and the sidequests just blows everything else out of the water.

Cities: Skylines gets an honorable mention.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Can't really make that judgement until Arkham Knight comes out as I'm certain that will be winning my personal vote for that title once I play it.

As a placeholder I suppose I'll say Dragonball Xenoverse. :p