So....What the hell is scientology?

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
Its a money making scheme and method of tax fraud created by a bad American writer.

Also the Bible isan't fantasy its allegory. Only idiot Americans actually believe eveything in the bible is real rather than tales and fables in order to explain the basic concepts behind gods commandements for hummanity (guys be nice to one another and don't forget old dad), as well as try and explain the universe in a way a primitive soceity could understand. Even in the 6th century they weren't taking genesis seriously. c.f. St Augustine. Remember the bible is a historical record with a hell of alot of censorship and whats in it comes down more to the political demands of the time it was codified.

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
I'm pretty certain that it's a cult. They claimed themselves as a religious organization for tax purposes.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
The one true god is the Flying Spaghetti Monster! Face it Pastafarianism is the best religion... you get a free stripper factory and a beer volcano in heaven.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
A "religion" based off the writings of a bad Sci-Fi author/self-help guru. Something the world would be better off with but alas has enough money to legitimatize themselves and be classified in the U.S. as a tax-write-off.
I don't have a problem with most religions but this one is just so far out there and hokey I feel bad for those who really get suckered in. We have a lot of them near where I live, and they're always attempting to convert people (they've actually taken over apartment complexes and deemed them Scientology only... creepy). And supposedly they make people disappear that get too close to the truth then try to get out of it... wait I got a knock on the front door... be right back

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Paksenarrion said:
Mikeyfell said:
Paksenarrion said:
Quick! Let's choose two games (one fantasy, one science fiction) and make religions out of them! Then adherents battle it out in future threads!

I vote Zelda: Ocarina of Time for fantasy, and Mass Effect for science fiction.

EDIT: Bioshock is fine, too.
I would so totally be a member of Garrus-ism

and I think Mario-ism would be better, you could end every sermon with "The princess is in another castle"
Luigi-ists would like to have a word with you... XD

[h4]OBEY.[/h4]

OT: Scientology is the single religion I don't take seriously. I'm catholic, but I respect other religions, except Scientology. Some religions are pretty hard to believe, but honestly? Aliens? Volcanoes? Thetans? A little too far out as religions go.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Yeah... what you want our opinion? If you want to know what it is google and wiki it.

And last I check religions want you to better yourself and the people never do as they feel they can be abusive to those outside the religion and just ask for forgiveness and it's fine.

All religions just want money, how you think they fund the churches?

Logic says if the invisible man in the sky is all knowing, seeing and everywhere. You can pray at your bed side... if a religion heard that they'd freak knowing there was that many people NOT paying for their church and their mansion, and their two dozen cars...

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
its a bunch of people worshipping "War of the Worlds" and hanging out with Tom Cruse.

Oh wait, that was mean wasnt it?
My bad. continue on.

Dimbo_Sama

Mar 20, 2009
It is

A) A religion that is also a hacknied replacement for psychology

B) A cult, based on Sci-Fi books by L. Ron Hubbard, that sucks up your money and makes life difficult for you if you leave

C) A way for Tax dodging, yacht owning, psychologist fearing, pedophile L. Ron Hubbard to avoid paying taxes for his income and spend his time on his yacht surrounded by young boys.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
As hubbard once said: If you want to make money, start a religion.
He was AWFULLY successful, apparently.
EDIT: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
A scam the entire premise is that they make people think they're unhappy and need help then they say "In order to get help, you need to pay us" and its all bullshit. They have somewhat of a multi-tiered mythology of something so the higher up you are the more of the mythology you learn and guess how you get higher up, with your wallet.

A long time ago there was an intergalactic federation of planets led by a tyrant named Xenu. Earth was one of the planets in this federation. Anyway (this is where it gets really stupid) Xenu didn't like that the people in the federation were rebelling and so he (yes really) had them rounded up and dropped in volcanoes on Earth than as if that wasn't enough he dropped atomic bombs in the volcanoes to kill them. But they're souls of Thetans survived so he somehow corrupted them and then the corrupted souls of the dead aliens latched onto people and corrupted them. The only way you escape the corruption is to pay them so they can do a bunch of bullshit rituals or something, they basically believe all problems are caused by alien souls

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Carlston said:

Logic says if the invisible man in the sky is all knowing, seeing and everywhere. You can pray at your bed side... if a religion heard that they'd freak knowing there was that many people NOT paying for their church and their mansion, and their two dozen cars...
I know, there are so many rich priests out there.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Cakes said:
Carlston said:

The catholic church makes a lot of money. They just don't let their priests see any. To be fair, a lot of it goes to various charities. Spreading good will and hope and all that. So at least you can respect them.

Scientology on the other hand, they just want your money.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
ejb626 said:
A long time ago there was an intergalactic federation of planets led by a tyrant named Xenu. Earth was one of the planets in this federation. Anyway (this is where it gets really stupid) Xenu didn't like that the people in the federation were rebelling and so he (yes really) had them rounded up and dropped in volcanoes on Earth than as if that wasn't enough he dropped atomic bombs in the volcanoes to kill them. But they're souls of Thetans survived so he somehow corrupted them and then the corrupted souls of the dead aliens latched onto people and corrupted them. The only way you escape the corruption is to pay them so they can do a bunch of bullshit rituals or something, they basically believe all problems are caused by alien souls
what kind of soviet union bullcrap is that?! its only slightly more crazy than every other religion in the world! (oh snap!)

Besides, everyone knows the hoky egyptian religion on trading cards is the only true religion. (guess what abridged series I've been watching lately)

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
megaman24681012 said:
ejb626 said:
what kind of soviet union bullcrap is that?! its only slightly more crazy than every other religion in the world! (oh snap!)

Besides, everyone knows the hoky egyptian religion on trading cards is the only true religion. (guess what abridged series I've been watching lately)
Exactly they're mythology makes no sense yet they continue to dupe people into believing, and I'm going to guess Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
Eldarion said:
Cakes said:
Carlston said:

The catholic church makes a lot of money. They just don't let their priests see any. To be fair, a lot of it goes to various charities. Spreading good will and hope and all that. So at least you can respect them.

That right there is the point that should be remembered.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
ejb626 said:
megaman24681012 said:
ejb626 said:

Exactly they're mythology makes no sense yet they continue to dupe people into believing, and I'm going to guess Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series
ATTENTION DUELISTS: your right. ^.^

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Eldarion said:
Cakes said:
Carlston said:

Eh well last I check Rev Jerry Falweld died with a cool billion from his donations... and if it didn't make his tv empire grow he gave nothing to those in need...

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Cakes said:
Eldarion said:
Cakes said:
Carlston said:

That right there is the point that should be remembered.
I know, the person you quoted is off base. But the church does rake in the cash. However, like I said it goes to a lot of good causes. That and the fact that they gather money legitimately, by passing around the donation plate. Scientology requires payment to advance. Its crazy.