So whatcha playing Escapists?

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
I've been alternating between Final Fantasy XIV: ARR and Tales of Xillia recently. Loving both, FF is the first MMO to really interest me and Xillia has a pretty good story, some excellent characters (Elize especially) and a extremely fun real time combat system. I want to finish that and Dragon Age: Origins before some of the Spring releases roll around.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I've been playing some XCom: Enemy Unknown after picking up on that 2k steam sale from last week, coming from a guy who doesn't really play many turned based strategy games I am in love with this game, it has a good amount of complexity but is straightforward enough that even someone who is a rookie to the genre can really enjoy it.

1Life0Continues

Not a Gamer, I Just Play Games
Jul 8, 2013
Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Edition.

No idea why I'm having so much fun throwing my cars down highways and making them perform agonisingly long runs of destruction for money, but it's a kind of catharsis I guess others would get from shooters...oh, well I suppose I do know why now.

Waiting for Labor Day so I can get the very last date with Calendar Man in Batman Arkham city. Yes, I am doing it the hard way. No, I am not stu...okay, maybe a little.

Also 7 Days to Die. No idea what I'm doing, but I don't care.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Right now, most of mhy time is on either GTA V Online or Motocross Madness (free games with gold game). I'm also playing Magic 2012 and Dynasty Warriors 8 with friends over.

Colour Scientist said:
If anyone says anything to me about the story or the ending, I will end you.
The story ends.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I'm playing Tales of Xillia and Drakenguard right now.

Tales of Xillia's a typical tales of game and I'm loving it so far.
Drakenguard is a bit of a drag. The visuals and story are fantastic but the gameplay is like bad Dynasty warriors combat.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I am juggling between Demon's souls (my faith-based knight is doing not bad, but I am being killed quite often) and Sengoku Basara 3.
Also, DotA 2. I started playing ranked and oh my goodness, it is like playing early pub games. So many Voids, and Snnipers, and Drows, and Seekers.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I've been playing some Rayman Legends and a lot of World of Tanks. There's also been a bit of Borderlands 2 in there, but not much as o the last week.

MarsAtlas said:
Mechwarrior Online. If you've never heard of it, just imagine it World of Tanks, but with giant robots.
That sounds awesome!
And not being as well designed.
Oh, nevermind.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
Inglorious891 said:
Oh God, Red Dragon. A game I want to play and be good at but God damn is there a learning curve. Been trying to learn but as I'm quickly finding out going into a game without a few friends usually results in you getting stomped on.
It is certainly not a game for the faint of heart. Hell, a lot of people tend to lose motivation when they see that they somehow have to build a deck out of the 1500+ units spread over multiple nations. XD

I'm always willing to teach you if you want. I am pretty good.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Finally got a chance to download the last episode of The Walking Dead season 2, so I'm about to play that. Otherwise I'm playing Mass Effect 2 again, this time with a male Shep. Still like femShep's VA better =P

Timpossible

Aug 4, 2014
Total War: Rome II
Better than expected. I really dig the new overworldmap and the big cities. AI is still a mess in some parts. But it's fun to break Barbarian Scum with the force of the Roman Army. Those peasents dare to declare war on me. They will pay.

Deadly Premonition DC
Wow. This game has some of the stupidest Dialogs I've ever had the pleasure to read. "My Coffee warned me about it". Gods! This is such a silly game. But even more: It has charme. Even if it looks like shit. Even with the DPFix. Still. If you aren't completly the "Only the technical things count" type this is actually a fun game.

Legend of Grimrock
I'm sorry. Interesting. But after some hours...just not my cup of tea as it seems.

SpaceEngine
Not really a "Game". But fun and even more fascinating.

giles

Feb 1, 2009
Timpossible said:
Deadly Premonition DC
Wow. This game has some of the stupidest Dialogs I've ever had the pleasure to read. "My Coffee warned me about it". Gods! This is such a silly game. But even more: It has charme. Even if it looks like shit. Even with the DPFix. Still. If you aren't completly the "Only the technical things count" type this is actually a fun game.
That game is easily the one of the worst I've played... but it's so fucking weird and unique that I couldn't help but finish it. The story gets all kinds of stupid and weird.
It's so bad but you certainly won't forget it any time soon.

Ancient Mariner

Jan 8, 2014
TheYellowManalishi said:
Finally got around to playing Metro 2033 after I got it in the steam sale... I must say it's probably the best game I've played this year, Finished my regular run in 3 days, now it's on to ranger mode...
Metro 2033 is a thoroughly well made game. After trying it out about a year ago it quickly became one of my favourite games. The atmosphere and immersive gameplay mechanics really elevate the game from being another stock shooter. Do you plan on playing Metro: Last Light? The stealth in the game has been watered down a bit (unfortunately) but it still serves as a more than adequate sequel to 2033 and at the end of the day more Metro is always a good thing.

On topic, I have been playing through Bioshock again. Nothing quite compares to fending off teeming hordes of adam addicted splicers at the bottom of the Atlantic while Ryan antagonizes you over short wave radio, slowly coming to terms with the fact that his Randian utopia is a failed social experiment.

Qage

Sep 11, 2013
Recently I've really been looking for games that I can sink a lot of time into and so recently picked up Civilisation 5.

So the past 2 nights I've loaded the game up, then idly checked my phone 5 minutes later to discover that actually 6 hours have passed, the sun is now rising outside and I still haven't managed to prevent Ghandi from trying to conquer the world. That war hungry bastard is off his chain. O.O

Timpossible

Aug 4, 2014
giles said:
That game is easily the one of the worst I've played... but it's so fucking weird and unique that I couldn't help but finish it. The story gets all kinds of stupid and weird.
It's so bad but you certainly won't forget it any time soon.
I'm not that far into that game. But i agree the game is quite unique. Objectively just really bad. But on a personal level inviting and I for my part just want to know how silly it can become. :)

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Currently, I've been playing Persona 4 Arena. I've been practicing my Teddie game to prepare for when the sequel hits at the end of the month.

On the handheld front, I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. This is the first time I've played an Animal Crossing game, and I must admit, I'm really starting to get into it. At the moment, I'm really working on getting a few more public works projects done, and getting my house alittle bigger, before I move onto really altering the general landscape of the town itself. I've spent all my time up till this point catching as many bugs, fish, and fossils as I could find, and now that I've got over half of all of them, it's time to start making this town my own.

thehorror2

Jan 25, 2010
I made the tremendous mistake of getting GTA V and SR4 at the same time, so I've been bouncing between them randomly. Trying desperately not to get sandbox fatigue.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
Lately I've been into War Thunder, World of Tanks, GTA Online and CoD4. Yes, CoD4. My clan and our sister clan have been running CoD4 fun nights on Thursdays, just as a way to keep us together. The shooter market has been rather disappointing these past few years, and we've lost a lot of members. At this rate our clans might even merge again.

Currently a little bit sick of the grinds in WoT and WT though, as much as I love the gameplay, oh god does progression take forever. Particularly if you end up on a losing streak like mine. I think it's been over a week since I had a decent round in either game.

Also, much love for the flight school update to GTA:O. Finally some air races with some real speed to them. Wish they'd release a variant of the Besra with cannon though. Missiles would make it OP (considering it's acceleration and mobility), but I'd happily fly a guns only variant and school some LAZER pilots. I've already taken to dogfighting the AI in single player for kicks, sitting on the tail of the LAZERs with ~5m seperation. Also, the SAMs at Fort Zancudo ain't got shit on me.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Well at the moment I've currently got, X-Com: Enemy Within, Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy XIII, and Bioshock on the go. Trying to get the Brass Balls achievement for Bioshock is certainty a job and a half though, I keep getting stomped by Big Daddies :eek:(