So whatcha playing Escapists?

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
So, so very much DOTA2. Also, Heavy Bullets, which is a roguelike FPS thing that I discovered by watching Jim's youtube channel. I've only gotten past the turret boss once so far though :(

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
I recently got the PC version of Skyrim after having owned the console version since it first came out. Mods really do make it a completely different game.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I'm bouncing between C&C Red Alert 3 (modded) and Skyrim (modded) with a bit of TF2 for the time being but next week I'll probably move onto something else since playing these 3 can get boring with each other after more than 2 hours.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
I'm bouncing between C&C Red Alert 3 (modded) and Skyrim (modded) with a bit of TF2 for the time being but next week I'll probably move onto something else since playing these 3 can get boring with each other after more than 2 hours.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Ni No Kuni.

IT'S. SO. PRETTY.

I'm a Ghibli fanatic, so playing a game set in a world that's a holy mix of all of Ghibli's sensibilities is a dream come true.

And Joe Hisaishi's musical score.....just perfect.

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
Trying to discuss video games on a video game forum? Heh, good luck there. But whatever, I could use some actual, relaxing discussion.

Currently, I'm switching between Kerbal Space Program and Saint's Row 4. More Kerbal than Saint's Row, because I haven't played any of the first three and I don't much care for shooters. Not as much as I care for open sandbox exploration games, at least.

Kerbal's pretty cool, if frustrating and difficult to get into. I had to look up the controls online because I couldn't find out where they're explained to you in the game. And even then, it's a lot of trial and error, a lot of "how far can I get with this before it blows up?" You got to have a lot of patience and a head for puzzles, because the game will give you little advice on how to succeed.

Saint's Row is... I like the humor, the zaniness, but I just don't like shooters that much. I tend to be a bit slow on the uptake with them. Meh, I'll probably get into it eventually.

Woiminkle said:
Any other escapists playing KSP? Got any tips on how to get a decent encounter with Duna?
I am! But I'm doing even worse than you. Haven't managed to get tot he Mun yet, much less Duna. I keep getting distracted with building the most insane space ship I can think of and seeing how long it takes to explode.

Easily amused? Me? Naaah...

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Hearthstone, Sims 3 and Xcom.... But mostly Hearthstone (it takes less time, and I am a busy man).

DaWaffledude

Apr 23, 2011
Counter Strike: GO: I picked it up as a daily deal on Steam and I'm quite enjoying it. Even if I can only play with bots. (Getting rubber-banding to an unplayable degree online)

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I finally decided to give Far Cry 3 a go after having it on my hard drive for what seems like forever. So far, not too bad- only a couple hours into the game and I already feel like I'm making some sort of progress, which never seemed to happen in Far Cry 2.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Wrapped up with Total War: Rome 2, wasn't as bad as I expected, but still the worst game in the series. Too much cut out, not enough to replace it. Shame, especially since Shogun 2 was potentially the most competently made game in the series and overall one of the best.

Currently playing Shovel Knight, which is a brilliant little retro style platformer. Seriously, if this came out during the NES/SNES era (graphics are roughly on that level), it would be a legendary game. Highly recommended.

Also playing Halfway, which I'd describe as Event Horizon (the film) meets XCOM lite in a pixel art visual style. It's a cool little game, some nice ideas, simple straightforward tactical combat. Feels like something you'd find on a GBA. Again, worth a look.

Hearthstone every couple of days. I clear my quest log when it piles up, do an arena run when enough money accrues and otherwise play whatever deck I'm enjoying at the moment. Currently, it's a Shaman Deathrattle deck. It's a nice setup, though lacks enough legendaries to make it competitive. However, when it clicks and combos, it causes ragequits. Stalagg + Feugen + Rivendare + 2 X Reincarnate (HS players know what I mean) is not something you want to face most of the time (unless you are a priest, in which case screw you).

I've got Divinity: Original Sin sitting on my PC, collecting virtual dust. I should be loving the game since isometric RPGs are pretty much my favourite genre (Baldur's Gate 2 is IMO the best game ever made). But somehow the game just doesn't click for me. I can's even bear to play through the first town, and I'm not quite sure why. It's actually kinda creeping me out - it's like being a straight boob-loving male and suddenly there's this gorgeous girl that simply doesn't do it for you and you can't figure out why...

Other than that, I've started downloading Final Fantasy 14, having set up my trial account. I'm in an MMO mood and FF14 is at the top of the list, but I want to see what the servers are like. It appears that there aren't any European servers (as in physically present in Europe), so I want to check what the latency is like playing on the US servers (well, they're located in Canada to be precise) before I commit to the game.

NESJosh64

Oct 1, 2011
I have so many games that I've been dying to get my hands on, but being broke is currently setting that dream back at the moment, so I'm going through a backlog of stuff I haven't finished.

Right now I've been hooked on Wolfenstein 3D on PS3 and can't get enough of it. Playing through on Bring It On and I'm not too bad, though I'm sure if I even attempted a full playthrough on I Am Death Incarnate, I'd rage quit harder than anything Francis could cook up.

...Also, I've been playing Hay Day nonstop on my phone. *shield*

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
A_Parked_Car said:
Inglorious891 said:
Oh God, Red Dragon. A game I want to play and be good at but God damn is there a learning curve. Been trying to learn but as I'm quickly finding out going into a game without a few friends usually results in you getting stomped on.
It is certainly not a game for the faint of heart. Hell, a lot of people tend to lose motivation when they see that they somehow have to build a deck out of the 1500+ units spread over multiple nations. XD

I'm always willing to teach you if you want. I am pretty good.
Oh are you? Well, you're certainly better than me, I can assure you that. And yeah, having someone to play Red Dragon with would be cool, but it might be a bit before I'm able to play since I have a shit ton of other games I'm currently playing. Add me on Steam if you want to play sometime though.

My Steam ID Inglorious89, by the way.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
I'm playing Fallout: New Vegas. The game is kind of buggy and the framerate stutters on occasion, but overall it's a fun game.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
World of Warcraft. Leveling yet another hunter (I have 3 now! woo!). I've missed WoW a lot. I've spent a lot of time on FF14 lately. While I feel FF14 is absolutely amazing, I would play it more but alas I have no one to play it with :( My boyfriend and I both felt at the same time "Sod it, going back to WoW". It's been pretty fun. I've reconnected with a lot of old friends and I'm just having a blast on it again. I'm just gearing up for raiding again now. It's going to be a lot of fun!

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
So happy to see a thread like this.

I just finished Broken Age in 2 sessions. Loved every second of it. Want to get into something a bit heavier so maybe finally play Dark Souls or replay Metal Gear Revengance, maybe Wargames Red Dragon.

Aug 31, 2012
Dawn of War 2 Elite mod.

I would be playing Civ IV caveman to cosmos mod, but despite getting a brand spanking new PC 2 months ago it still craps out after a single turn about 7% into the game on snail and the next map size up from gigantic.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Bravely Default
Blazblue: Chronophantasma
Under Night In-Birth: Exe Late
Senran Kagura Burst
Persona 4 Arena 2

Artaneius

Dec 9, 2013
Quake 3 with a friend. He keeps getting trashed like 20-3 so far. Hopefully he will get better in time.