So, what's everyone hoping for in the upcoming Summer Sale?

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
Hey all, I confess I've been a bit out of the loop with games over the last few months, what with my not possessing a PS4 yet, but I do have what is still a pretty damn good PC, and there's a Steam Sale incoming, and I think we all know what that means.

Personally I'm not really sure what to hope for, I mean, I don't have Dark Souls II yet, that's always one, I'm hoping for Stronghold Crusader II as well, but I don't really know what else has been coming out lately. (does anyone have the latest on Mount & Blade II by the way? that is still happening, right?)

I've been hearing good things about The Witcher III, but I haven't played either of the first two yet, is that a huge barrier with this one? It's on my Wishlist anyway, I'm waiting until all the episodes are out to play Telltale's Game of Thrones, but if it's on sale I might pick it up anyway to save myself doing so later.

Also Elder Scrolls Online is a definite hopeful for me.

So what about you guys? anything you're particularly hoping for? What do your wishlists look like?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Right now, I just want:

- This War Of Mine
- Ori And The Blind Forest
- Gravity Ghost

I got some more titles, mostly smaller indie ones as well, but I'm not planning on spending much money.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Would be nice if some PAYDAY 2 stuff went on sale, but for the most part I'm just going to wait and see if anything catches my eye.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Primarily for lego games to go down to 3 quid each so me and my girlfriend have more coop goodness to play. Other than that I will just watch my wish list to see what goes down.

w23eer

Mar 13, 2014
I only played Bastion recently, but I loved it so now I'm looking forward to Transistor. I'm also interested in the Ys games (there are five on Steam, I currently only have two).

There's some other stuff on my wishlist that I might get if the mood strikes me and they're cheap enough: they are Dust: An Elysian Tale, the Dawn of War DLC (Dark Crusade in particular) and Civ V.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R too. That's kinda low priority though while I'm still playing Blazblue Continuum Shift, and I don't want to spend more than ?15.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much all the games on my wishlist but it's really the Doppelganger and the Baroness characters from Borderlands: The Pre Sequel that I want to most. I got back into the game and loved it all over again.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
I'm hoping to see sub-25$ Pillars of Eternity. I really like Obsidian, but my track record with isometric rpgs is really terrible, so I can't justify full price.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Oly J said:
I've been hearing good things about The Witcher III, but I haven't played either of the first two yet, is that a huge barrier with this one?
Not a huge barrier, no. The game is hugely enjoyable regardless. Might be worthwhile to find a primer on YouTube on the plot of the previous two games so you're not left wondering who several major characters are, and the world-state makes sense.

Oly J said:
I'm waiting until all the episodes are out to play Telltale's Game of Thrones, but if it's on sale I might pick it up anyway to save myself doing so later.
Likewise.

Probably keep my eyes peeled for a good price on Alien Isolation too.

Bravo Company

Feb 21, 2010
I'm hoping GTA 5 is going to drop to the $20 range (heh, I'm funny, I know)

I want the Endless Sea (I think thats the name) for cheap, and The War of Mine.

Nothing else I really have interest in. If anything decides to be <$5 I'll be tempted to buy it, but my Steam library is already at 400 games because of the Humble Bundle. So by time I'd get around to playing any "Oh this game is super cheap, I'll buy it" games, they'll be on sale again.

I really want EA to put BF4 with the DLC to $20 sometime this summer.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
Borderlands Pre Sequel Season Pass
My friend got it as a gift earlier but with no drop in price it was too much before.
MAYBE Elite Dangerous, but like Bravo Company wanting 20$ GTA5, feel free to laugh at me.

Other than that, Ill see what looks good.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Well, considering my wishlist has over 90 games on it, there's a lot I'm looking forward to.

That said, I really want:
-Rocksmith 2014
-Shovel Knight
-Akiba's Trip (my friend has it on psp and it's hilarious)
-Alien Isolation (especially the nostromo dlc)
-DOA5 dlc

And then maybe some smaller or older games if they get cheap enough like some indie horror and whatnot.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Javetts Eall Raksha said:
i really want Grey Goo, but 50 bucks... just don't have money like that.
Exactly what I was going to post. Really like the look of the game but not at full price. If Pillers of Eternity, Sniper Elite3 or Endless Legend were to also be on offer then I would not say no. Even if I am broke, God I love/hate Steam so much.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I'm looking for deals on;

The Old Blood (Wolfenstein expandalone.)
Titan Souls (although I'd prefer a GoG copy)
Sunless Sea (Prefer GoG)
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
and Ori and the Blind Forest

Wanna get some indie shit mostly, just because my PC is old and can't really do much until my upgrade, which if all goes well and I've budgeted properly over the past 5 months should be on the 19th of June, just after the sale starts.

Phlap

Jun 1, 2011
Right now, I'm looking for any excuse to buy Shovel Knight on the cheap.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
on my list are:
Shantae and the Pirates curse
toy solders complete
darkest dungeon
the talos principle
wings of vi
axiom verge
Grey Goo