So, who goes to the Gym/exercises?

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I want to quote some of you put it's not turning out good on my phone -_-

I should say in those 2+ hours I do have breaks and does include stretching etc. Not just flat out going for it.

I wish I didn't have to pay to exercise but the fact I do gives me the motivation to keep fit/lose weight and not sit in most of the day doing sod all.
I do walk miles everyday to get places, but I don't feel it's enough personally.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Daveeo said:
Im attending Fotboll (soccer for the americans) trainings 2 days a week.
Pretty much this.

I've been meaning to have a go at some cycling and work out at the Uni facilities, but I'm too busy thinking about it at the moment.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I have never ever been to the gym and probably never will. I have a couple of weights at home which I barely use but are there if I ever want to use them. I also sometimes have a run around my neighbourhood and I play football with my mates so I get enough excersise without having to go to a gym.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I do about 20-ish situps most nights, and whenever I remember it I like to go for a run around a big park that's nearby to where I live.

I can't go to a proper gym, that's way too much pressure put on the entire 'exercise' deal, plus WAY too homoerotic an atmosphere for me (which makes no sense when you think about it...)

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
I don't think I really need to go to a gym. I don't exercise and each junk food but somehow I'm still underweight at only 66kg (10stone 2?). I could probably benefit from eating healthier, but exercise would take effort, and I'm not interested in building up muscle.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
I don't like gyms.

When I work out, I work very hard. But I do that at home. And if I go jogging/walking/running, I usually do a 13 km spin in a nearby forest.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
FamoFunk said:
I'm sure most of you here go to the gym regular.

How often do you go and for how long?
Care to share with us your daily routine of when you go to the gym and what you do there, like anything specific or certain equipment?

I go everyday for 2hours, occasionally more, apart from a Thursday and Sunday. Also, Saturday, I spend all afternoon in the gym.
I go in the evening around 6pm and go straight for the treadmill then move along to the bikes and rowing machine (If these have certain professional names, I've never known)
I also go spinning once a week, look it up, it kills me D:

Do you have any words of wisdom for those who're looking to get fit/loose weight about eating habits and exercise habits?
Actually, I'd like to know what you eat and when to help going to the gym a success.
How long have you been going. I read your post and imagine you as someone who just started up a few weeks ago and is really psyched about it all still.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
FamoFunk said:
I'm sure most of you here go to the gym regular.
You are posting... on a gaming... website, bro. Seriously.

I used to go to the gym myself, 3 times a week, but now I'm in the army and stuff, so I spend most of my free time trying to relax my cramped muscles instead.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
I excercise everyday, if I don't have time to get to the Gym I get my exercise home (got a few weight sets).
Legion said:
Tips:

- If you are looking for strength/muscle size then do low reps of higher weights (6-8 reps).
- Don't eat less than an hour before you go, unless it is something really small.
- Stay hydrated, sip water in between each set.
- Don't over-train. Working two sets, the last one until failure will do a lot more than 6 sets where you can finish them no problem.
What do you mean by "If you are looking for strength/muscle size then do low reps of higher weights (6-8 reps)"? I thought strength gain and mass gain training are completely different.
You gain strength when you do an exercise with as much weight as you can to do about 5 reps, while for mass gain it's better to aim for a higher number of reps ( 8-12 ) with less weight.

caselj01

Jun 8, 2010
I went to the gym once. I had to drive 15 minutes to get there, and when I got there I had to pay to get in. Then I lifted heavy things and ran without actually going anywhere for about an hour, which is as fun as it sounds. Then I had to drive home again.

I dont go to the gym anymore.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
I'm no gym freak, I go three times a week for 1 hour on the cross trainer with a friend, just to keep the fat off. :)

Crazy_Man_42

Mar 10, 2011
I don't go to the gym much.

I get my exercsie from my Taekwondo classes, I go every monday if I don't have to work.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
I've been having an extended slob-out lately but I try to exercise for 30 mins a day right before bed.