So you like a girl...

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
How do you deal with it? Do you tell them face to face or over text? Do you go for it and ask them out, or keep it quiet and hope they like you as well? What have you done in the past?

Me, I prefer to tell them face to face, as doing it over text or Facebook doesn't make me feel good about myself and I feel less manly. I personally like to feel that they have to kind of like me in the first place but sometimes, I lack the courage to tell them when I want to because I get really nervous and can't think straight. My last girlfriend asked me out over Facebook which wasn't very ideal but meh.
Share tales and experiences and tips as well if you want to :)

EDIT 1: Also, for the ladies out there, if your heterosexual, tell us about lads instead.

EDIT 2: If you have never liked a girl, tell us what kind of things you would do if you did like someone, see i love to get everyone involved ^_^

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Face to face. You can never tell if someone is sincere in their reply unless you're in person. Body language is huge in that regard.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
kidwithxboxlive said:
How do you deal with it? Do you tell them face to face or over text? Do you go for it and ask them out, or keep it quiet and hope they like you as well? What have you done in the past?

When I find another woman attractive, I usually mention in casual conversation that my spouse and I have an open marriage and enjoy threesomes (and foursomes).

No, I am not kidding.

You'd be surprised how often that technique works. ^^

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
kidwithxboxlive said:

When I find another woman attractive, I usually mention in casual conversation that my spouse and I have an open marriage and enjoy threesomes (and foursomes).

No, I am not kidding.

You'd be surprised how often that technique works. ^^
Greatest.
Wife.
EVER!

Or if your a lass, thats a typical man for ya there;)

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Well, I asked a girl out recently over Facebook, but that wasn't what I had originally intended. I wanted to go get lunch that weekend, but then I learned that I wouldn't see her again 'til the next Tuesday. So I just went ahead and asked her out in a Facebook message.

Turned out I saw her that Thursday, though. So we just worked out the details face-to-face.

I'm currently in the "what now?" phase of wooing her. We'll see how that goes...

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
kidwithxboxlive said:

Me, I prefer to tell them face to face, as doing it over text or Facebook doesn't make me feel good about myself and I feel less manly. I personally like to feel that they have to kind of like me in the first place but sometimes, I lack the courage to tell them when I want to because I get really nervous and can't think straight. My last girlfriend asked me out over Facebook which wasn't very ideal but meh.
1. Don't ask for advice on the internet.

2. Face to face contact. If you're Facebooking it she's not gonna respect you because you can't even get the nerve up to talk to her one on one in person.

3. If you're involved with someone else, stop what you're doing and think really really hard about it. (I know that wasn't part of the question but it applies).

4. Be yourself and for gods sake don't run around asking her friends what she likes, guy-wise, etc. That can come off as creepy stalker-ish.

5. Don't be friends with her first. I say this out of experience, just tell her straight up you are interested.

6. Also do NOT throw the other "L" word out at any time. That will throw the creep-o-meter off the chart.

Other than that... its pretty simple. I won't say "be a man", just have some confidence and say how you feel to their face. Any other way means you're scared of rejection. And telling ppl u like them over the internet is impersonal as hell, and if I were a woman I'd be fucking insulted the guy couldn't just say it to my face.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
kidwithxboxlive said:
Greatest.
Wife.
EVER!
^^ Yes, I am. Thanks for noticing. ^^

kidwithxboxlive said:
Or if your a lass, thats a typical man for ya there;)
**blinks** Yes, I'm a lass.

Oh, I see, you were saying... well, I'll still take the above as a compliment.

Although, for the record, I'm not sure it would work as well if my spouse was the one to bring the open marriage stuff up.

I'm far more charming. :p

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
Depends. I do want to get to know her first of all, it would be awkward if she was straight or taken... though I would probably tell her to her face, most likely.
If I just couldn't hold it in I would probably do it over IM, because I don't like sitting around waiting for a response(like with texts), that just makes me nervous as hell.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
usmarine4160 said:
Let her know the old fashioned way with a bottle of wine, a length of rope, some ductape, and a bottle of chloroform
You made me laugh out loud, thank you good sir.

Erm... I'm not sure. The only girlfriend I've had I told her awkwardly at first and all the girls before that I was awkward with aswell.

But since my first girlfriend (my ex now) I feel a lot more confident about things so when the time comes again I think it will go quite a bit better when I ask another girl out.

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
amaranth_dru said:
kidwithxboxlive said:

1. Don't ask for advice on the internet.

2. Face to face contact. If you're Facebooking it she's not gonna respect you because you can't even get the nerve up to talk to her one on one in person.

3. If you're involved with someone else, stop what you're doing and think really really hard about it. (I know that wasn't part of the question but it applies).

4. Be yourself and for gods sake don't run around asking her friends what she likes, guy-wise, etc. That can come off as creepy stalker-ish.

5. Don't be friends with her first. I say this out of experience, just tell her straight up you are interested.

6. Also do NOT throw the other "L" word out at any time. That will throw the creep-o-meter off the chart.

Other than that... its pretty simple. I won't say "be a man", just have some confidence and say how you feel to their face. Any other way means you're scared of rejection. And telling ppl u like them over the internet is impersonal as hell, and if I were a woman I'd be fucking insulted the guy couldn't just say it to my face.
in reply to the following
1) Im not asking for advice, im just telling people to share tips with people who don't know what to do

2 3 4) I know she likes me and i was planning to tell her face to face anyways plus im single.

5) We are friends and she told me she liked me

But apart from that, thanks for the tips for people stuck on this kind of situation :)

Lupine Volt

Apr 10, 2011
From the far end of my telescope, I whisper sweet nothings to her.

Or, when I'm called out on it, I attempt to make a test date.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
kidwithxboxlive said:
**snip snip**
Oh no you misunderstood me. I wasn't telling you not to ask for advice, I was giving tips on how to tell someone you like them. :) Plus that was my facetious nature rearing its ugly head, lol.

Everything I put wasn't directed at you, just tips in general.

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
amaranth_dru said:
kidwithxboxlive said:
**snip snip**
Oh no you misunderstood me. I wasn't telling you not to ask for advice, I was giving tips on how to tell someone you like them. :) Plus that was my facetious nature rearing its ugly head, lol.

Everything I put wasn't directed at you, just tips in general.
OK then, sorry about that. Mis-understanding