So you like a girl...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I'm more of the do nothing kinda guy. Mostly because I am afraid of taking the first step and I don't want to be open and vulnerable. I'm not afraid of flirting, I'm just afraid of trying to make a serious attempt. Yeah... I'll be alone forever.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
This pretty much sums up what I think will happen anytime I approach a girl I like and thus why I generally don't:

If I approached a boy I like, I think they'd punch me. Yes, I'm aware I'm paranoid, why do you ask?

tobyornottoby

Jan 2, 2008
Yopaz said:
I'm more of the do nothing kinda guy. Mostly because I am afraid of taking the first step and I don't want to be open and vulnerable. I'm not afraid of flirting, I'm just afraid of trying to make a serious attempt. Yeah... I'll be alone forever.
I've been there =D (I once went to bed with a girl... and then nothing but actual sleeping)
Have you seen A Guy Thing? It's like at the end there. Sometimes you just have to go for it.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I usually get to know her over the internet first, then meet up a bit more and finally ask her out.

I'd like to clarify that I don't MEET them on the internet. I am aware of their presence IRL, then I add their email, etc.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Floggo said:
Reading this thread makes me realize how I've dismally failed at telling a girl I like her.
I know the feeling. Its easy to say on the internet that its easy to ask girls out but it bloody well isn't.

My strategy? Dont use strategies, it just does not work. Everyone is different, however if I did have a strategy its be friends with them for long enough so you know if you stand a chance and how they would be most comfortably asked out.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Bara_no_Hime said:
kidwithxboxlive said:
How do you deal with it? Do you tell them face to face or over text? Do you go for it and ask them out, or keep it quiet and hope they like you as well? What have you done in the past?

Share tales and experiences and tips as well if you want to :)
When I find another woman attractive, I usually mention in casual conversation that my spouse and I have an open marriage and enjoy threesomes (and foursomes).

No, I am not kidding.

You'd be surprised how often that technique works. ^^
Open marriage with orgies, eh?

That's the dream...

OT: Well, there's no concrete situation. I usually get a feel for the girl *not like that! D:* and let it go from there. As for the interesting tidbit, I lost my virginity by a river in a field. Which would have been wonderfully romantic if it hadn't been furtively, at night mid-November.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
Hmmm, usually I just out and out say it. Sometimes it fails, but a large amount of the time it works well, although then I usually mess it up on the date. A lot of women are more open to giving a guy a chance than you think.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Crush over her for years, and be the shy person.
Then years later you meet her again and she is about to get married.

Ho well..

KingGolem

Jun 16, 2009
I have a vow of chastity, but I have a fully functional heterosexual male libido. Whenever I feel an attraction towards a female, I just tell myself that it is the animal region of my brain trying to trick me into doing something foolish, like pursuing a relationship. I am twenty years old and have never had intercourse, I have never been in an intimate relationship, and if all goes according to plan, I never will. Surprisingly, dealing with my lesser nature is easy, compared to dealing with all the disrespect and accusations of falsity I receive from my peers and my own family.

boyvirgo666

May 12, 2009
Do what i do, push that feeling deep into your stomach until it eventually festers into a disease or mental sickness...thats the dwarven way.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
You ponder for a bit, text her when she goes on a night out and then she rings you and refers to you to her friends as "this cute guy I met", and then next time you're face to face you bring it up, talk over the situation, "do the bad thing"...

It does happen.

Whether or not you're the kind of person who thinks nothing ever works out for them, or that luck is purely an antagonistic force that is hellbent on keeping you single, you just gotta keep talking to people, keep meeting them and eventually there'll be someone who it seems with no effort on your part you ended up with because things just... worked.

All this "tell them you like them, will they like you back?" stuff you had to go through at school just adds unnecessary pressure that only ever works against you. If you both like each other, chances are you won't need to say it in an awkward confession.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
definately face to face... its easier to "Read" someone that way throws the whole body language into play which is handy

Mar 9, 2010
OmniscientOstrich said:
This pretty much sums up what I think will happen anytime I approach a girl I like and thus why I generally don't:

If I approached a boy I like, I think they'd punch me. Yes, I'm aware I'm paranoid, why do you ask?
Then this is how you should approach them:

OT: I don't, I guess. I live in a small town and I have high standards. On any given night there should be 1 girl out that I would actually go for, mathematically speaking. However, even that is being generous.

In the event that there is someone out then yeah, I shoot for it. I don't go about my business saying 'oh, you're attractive, can I have your number' I work on making her attracted to me and then the pieces fall into place.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
Ah, touche. Though I'd imagine that would work somewhat better with someone I had gotten to know first rather than approaching the cutie at the bar type scenario. And like I said...I'm kinda paranoid about the fear of rejection thing...

Ungenericteen

Feb 1, 2010
I tried to ask a girl face to face once, my legs gave out from anxiety, ended up she was going with friends(it was a dance) ever since then I take my time, or I keep it to myself.