So your mom wants to try out gaming...

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Mine enjoyed Guitar Hero a lot, as well as DDR and Wii Sports. She kinda proves the point that motion controls and interactivity actually are appealing to non-gamers.

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
NONE! NONE! NONE! NOOOO!

My mum is an addict. When she heard of msn she was on for 3 months. I don't mean a few hours a day, I mean all f***ing night. She'd have friends over and my brother and I would have to keep them company.

She learnt how to rip her cds that she bought 30 years ago and took 2 days off work to do it...She didn't take time off work when she had major hand surgery >_>

If she ever started playing games I would never see my computer again...

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Mom's super smart, so I'd probably just throw in Portal 2 and let her tackle the single player. Later we could go all Atlas/P-body on it

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
My mum already plays them, but since this implies her moving out of Animal Crossing and Prof. Layton, I'd probably make her play Super Mario Galaxy.

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
I've been trying to get my mother into games for a while now. When I was considerably younger, my whole family used to gather round and fail miserably at whatever game we were playing together, and I have been trying to get them to at least try gaming again. I had my mother play Tetris...it lasted a half hour. I had my mother play Portal, that went a little better, but I wouldn't recommend that you start anyone off on an FPS (particularly one where you essentially teleport a lot) if they are easily disoriented.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
My mom saw me playing Peggle, she stole the controller and is now addicted to it. But that will probably be her limit. She gets motion sickness easily. Was playing Doom on the Xbox Arcade with my dad and she almost puked just watching us.

Vangaurd227

Jun 3, 2011
Maybe sonic 2 or spyro the dragon.......My mum tried sonic 2 a little while back and she seemed to enjoy it

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Final Fantasy 13, it's the easiest game I own.

I still doubt she'd get past the tutorial.

tk809

Jul 18, 2011
Car racing with a wheel because it is relatable to their everyday lives. Maybe even cooking mama.

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
She's never had any interest, but I would probably get her to start off with something like Little Big Planet or something of that vein.

ATRAYA

Jul 19, 2011
My mom wouldn't play video games if my life depended on it. But probably one of the Portal games, since she hates violence.

Blastinburn

Apr 13, 2011
My mom did get interested in games and I made the mistake of starting her off with Eternal Sonata. She wanted to play something where enemies wouldn't attack at the same time as her, I should have started her off with pokemon. Its not the game itself, she has become quite used to it, it was the stupid opening cutscene which is 100% irrelevant and 7500000% unnecessary. (only important and relevant part is the scene in Chopin's bedroom.)

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
I'm really not sure. Unlike me, my dad, and my sisters, she never really got into technology and therefore, games. Now, not to be sexist here, but I saw her playing Cooking Mama a year back because one of my sisters wanted her to try it. Needless to say, she got the flaming red eyes of death even though I thought that since she can cook well, she'd be good at the game.

I guess I'd try to get her on Portal 2 or a Zelda game. Maybe even KH2 or a FF game from the bargin bin at GamesStop.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
My mom already is a gamer and she got her start with Tetris. So if she got amnesia and forgot she was a gamer I would probably go with another puzzle game. Probably Portal or just reupload Tetris again