Sol: Exodus Review

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Christopher Stockman said:
I want to thank everyone that has not only supported us but this genre.

I'll be the first one to admit we stumbled a bit upon release but we have taken ALL criticism to heart and have since released 4 patches that not only drastically changed core gameplay (and in some cases missions themselves) but also fixed a number of issues that our customers have identified.

And we're not done yet. Not by a long shot. We're hard at work on additional content, DLC, and more.

We want to bring space shooters back into the mainstream by making them accessible and fun to play. And our team (all 6 of us!) are dedicated to making this happen.

In the coming days we'll be releasing a demo and you can judge the game for yourself to determine it's worth the asking price.

P.S. Totalbiscuit's review (along with almost everyone else's_ was based on an outdated build. Much has changed since.

Thank you,

Chris Stockman
Seamless Entertainment
Do you spend all your free time commenting on reviews of sol exodus and talking about it or something i have seen you on the steam forums,ign,and now here?
Because it really shows your commitment to your game.
Maybe you should ask if you can write an article about your attempt to revive the genre for the escapist?

Jan 24, 2012
Do you spend all your free time commenting on reviews of sol exodus and talking about it or something i have seen you on the steam forums,ign,and now here?
Because it really shows your commitment to your game.
Maybe you should ask if you can write an article about your attempt to revive the genre for the escapist?
I wouldn't say all my time. :)

But, yea, since release I've been quite vocal on various forums talking about this game and genre that I love so much.

I spent a good couple of years trying to get this game off the ground and, while, I was incredibly disappointed by some of the fan and reviewer reception I've also taken it all to heart and responded accordingly.

I really, really want to see this genre return and will do everything I can to see that happen!

Chris

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
You guys definitely have my support. I need more space flight sims in my diet, and your team looks extremely promising, Chris.

dgackey

Feb 2, 2012
Just to weigh in quickly on the topic of religion, I joked that maybe we should have put the Assassin's Creed disclaimer at the beginning of the game but no one should infer from the game that we as a team are pushing any kind of atheist agenda.

The antagonists in our story are religious zealots to be sure, but we've also tried to ground them in a world where their core beliefs are very understandable, even if their actions are not terribly defensible. But at the same time, this is a game about blowing things up, so subtlety and nuance are not necessarily the most useful tools.

Anyway, just wanted to mention it for those who may be concerned about that. I was baptized Catholic, confirmed Methodist and still (admittedly, infrequently) attend church, and I don't take offense to the game.

I think if it generates discussion and thought about the role of religion versus morality, that's a good thing.

Dan
Studio Director
Seamless Entertainment

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Is anyone else having an audio problem with the Afterburner effect?
As soon as I use it, the audio clip seems to remain on.

This may be a design thing, but I find it really annoying so it's probably a bug of some kind.
Any fixes other than turning the SFX volume to zero would be much appreciated.

Also, is there going to be a Battlestar Galactica mod for the game?

OT: Super fun and worth the low admission fee.

dgackey

Feb 2, 2012
Chrono, that is definitely not as designed. We're having a heck of a time tracking down the bug but we're looking into it now.

OldGrover

Nov 10, 2009
Chrono212 said:

This may be a design thing, but I find it really annoying so it's probably a bug of some kind.

dgackey said:
Chrono, that is definitely not as designed. We're having a heck of a time tracking down the bug but we're looking into it now.
I just bought the game and am having the exact same problem. REALLY annoying, to say the least...

Fun game so far other than that, though.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Goodness the visuals of this video took me back to the days of Decent Freespace, Colony Wars on the PS1 (basically new Battle Star Galactica, only just a little different, and in the PS1 era). Those were good times.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Chrono212 said:

dgackey said:
[image height=140]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/216/566/tumblr_luei74eM5Q1qzo4v6o1_250.gif?1323799085[/IMG]​
It's not a big deal, just make an achievement: After what? - Didn't use any afterburner during a playthough

OldGrover said:
I just bought the game and am having the exact same problem. REALLY annoying, to say the least...

Fun game so far other than that, though.
Just turn the SFX off for a 'realistic' experience. :p
Well, it'd be nice if the space sounds and cockpit/radio/internal sounds were on different tracks.

dgackey

Feb 2, 2012
Hey folks, just wanted to chime in and let you know that this morning's update has resolved the strange case of the lingering afterburner. :)

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
Telperion said:
Okay, so I got a question for you: how is this better than The Babylon Project [http://babylon.hard-light.net/]? Because I'm not seeing a lot of reasons to fork over 9.99? for this game. Help me out here, Greg!
Thank you so much for reminding me of that! I am so in the mood to play it having just re-watched all the seasons of the show.