Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer revealed.

Mar 26, 2008
As much as I love the Han Solo character, this was the movie I never asked for. Watching the trailer still hasn't won me over. A Star Wars heist movie. Can't Disney just stop fucking around with the Star Wars franchise for at least half a decade?

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
Oh good, another spinoff no-one asked for. Ironically coming out right after The Last Jedi (the film that was all about "letting the past die").

While I'm committed to Episode IX already, this is something I have zero interest in. And quite frankly, I already kind of hate it for demystifying Star Wars.

Next up, Kenobi. A film about one man alone in desert for twenty years.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Rangaman said:
They could have done his relationship and training and adventures with Anakin Skylwalker from childhood to adult as a movie.

But they don't want to give any acknowledgement to the prequels, even though they are still canon, because the prequels were decedent garbage to most Star Wars fans :p

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Rangaman said:
I can totally see that as an arthouse movie with the contrast trained up way too high, extreme light/dark symbolism, with maybe 20 spoken lines over 90 minutes of movie and just loads of meaningful shots of an aging man brooding over his mistakes. Oh, and at least one scene where Obi-Wan walks around the desert for A Really Long Time in a clear allegory to Moses.

aliciacastro75485

Feb 8, 2018
Use several hours of your spare time to acquire extra $1000 on your paypal account each week... Get more details on following site>>>

.......... http://Help80.com

Ogoid

Nov 5, 2009
Rangaman said:
No joke, I think that could actually be awesome if done right.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I'm cautiously positive. This is still the most unsure about a Star Wars film that I've been so far, but the trailer made me feel a bit better about it. His voice is jarring, but he's got some of the mannerisms down (the cocky ass smirk, some speech pattern stuff) and he looks close enough for me.

Donald Glover as Lando is officially my favourite thing so far, though.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
undeadsuitor said:
Kyrian007 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Jadak said:
undeadsuitor said:
But what about Chewies family?

I want to know his origin story.
Chewie was out and about in the prequels, probably need to wait for a film going back a bit further for his origin story.
That was more a joke about the infamous star wars Christmas special, which had chewbaccas family (including a son named crunchie) celebrate life day
I thought his son was named Lumpy... or did he have more than one kid, I forget.
oh shit you're right, his son was named Lumpy. His father(in law?) was named Crunchie
It's funny, the EU took that joke from the Christmas Special and made it EU cannon. I believe it was something like his name was Lumpawaraump, until he passed his Wookie "manhood hunter" or whatever ritual and earned his adult name Lumpawaroo. I wish I could remember which books those were in so I could check the spelling.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Kyrian007 said:
I believe it was something like his name was Lumpawaraump, until he passed his Wookie "manhood hunter" or whatever ritual and earned his adult name Lumpawaroo. I wish I could remember which books those were in so I could check the spelling.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lumpawaroo/Legends

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Hawki said:
Kyrian007 said:
I believe it was something like his name was Lumpawaraump, until he passed his Wookie "manhood hunter" or whatever ritual and earned his adult name Lumpawaroo. I wish I could remember which books those were in so I could check the spelling.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lumpawaroo/Legends
Ughh, Black Fleet Crisis. Nevermind. There isn't a EU book or series that better illustrates why Disney axed the whole EU than Black Fleet Crisis.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Gethsemani said:
I can totally see that as an arthouse movie with the contrast trained up way too high, extreme light/dark symbolism, with maybe 20 spoken lines over 90 minutes of movie and just loads of meaningful shots of an aging man brooding over his mistakes. Oh, and at least one scene where Obi-Wan walks around the desert for A Really Long Time in a clear allegory to Moses.
Kenobi wasn't already a Biblical allegory?

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Veldie said:
Not the best trailer but hopefully it turns out like Rogue One and being quite good.
Or more like Rogue One, at least has some pretty shots to make up for it's trash writing and story.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
It looks, not good... Not many people asked for this, and the guy they got to play Han is just... no.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I know this is a nitpick, but the Falcon looks entirely to new. It's all bright, clean and shiny (if the bits of chrome I saw are on the Falcon. And those are words that should never be used to describe the Millennium Falcon. To me the ship has, and should, always look like a rusted-out, beaten-up bucket of bolts barely held together with duct tape, bailing wire and reckless decisions. Having it look like it just came off the assembly line ruins the character of the ship. And it calls into question the lifespan and maintenance of the ship.
This movie can't have taken place that far away from the original Star Wars trilogy, almost certainly within ten years of the first movie. And to have the Falcon go from fresh out of the shipyards to jacked-up hooptie in the span of a decade makes one wonder how it survived the run of the original trilogy (spanned at least five-six years) let alone until the new trilogy (another three or four decades).

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Bernzz said:
I'm cautiously positive. This is still the most unsure about a Star Wars film that I've been so far, but the trailer made me feel a bit better about it. His voice is jarring, but he's got some of the mannerisms down (the cocky ass smirk, some speech pattern stuff) and he looks close enough for me.

Donald Glover as Lando is officially my favourite thing so far, though.
I am so pissed at Lando having not been in any of the Sequel trilogy (the worst Star Wars movies so far) that Ron Howard (a director I like) doing a back story about a character I like (Han) and including the best Rebel in Star Wars (Lando) has been enough to have me on the hype train even through the reshoots.

[https://ibb.co/irAjgS]