Some good music.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
4 Producers, 1 Sample. Basically a single sample from a pianist is given to four different producers and they have a day to make a new song out of it. Producer #2, a lady going by the name Bad Snacks, KILLS it in this one. I queued up the video to start with her at about 4m3s in where she explains her process, but the finished piece starts around the 5m47s mark if you just wanna hear that. (Oh, and of course, near the beginning of the video you can hear the original sample they were given.)

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Thanks to others on this forum, this band has been a pleasant discovery, though I do hope their drums become a bit more braver and experimental with more time. They're only on their first album so far.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Thanks to others on this forum, this band has been a pleasant discovery, though I do hope their drums become a bit more braver and experimental with more time. They're only on their first album so far.

For me, the novelty of Mongolian throat singing wears off really fast. I did really like their song in Fallen Order though. And I liked how they had it be like, a radio tune that the denizens of the SW galaxy literally listened to while working. It made it funny later on when Cal, upon hearing the song again (because the band is there playing live) goes "hey! I know these guys!" in just a funny little musical fanboy moment. It's funny mostly due to the context of the moment, but as a fan of music myself, I can't say I wouldn't also have a moment if I was in a life threatening situation, and noticed that one of my favorite bands was literally playing live while it was going on. :LOL:

"Ok shit, I've been forced into an MMA fight to the death...i need to see what I can do to....wait....is that fucking RUSH!?!" o_O

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy

Not often music can be called beautiful but this is one of those times.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
randomly came across this with a YT search, holy shit I'm in love

also found this delicious gem in the same YT rabbit hole

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
randomly came across this with a YT search, holy shit I'm in love

also found this delicious gem in the same YT rabbit hole

Jetfire... I'll have to look into them; I like it.

Also, you might enjoy this:

I've kinda moved away from the more loud, in-your-face electronic music over the years, trending more towards the intricate and contemplative stuff, but I discovered Machinecode a few years ago, and was impressed. Don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with the more impulsive stuff; it just takes a bit more to catch my attention these days. The way this track just seems to move through you and push you forward.... I've done a lot of speeding while blaring this at volume 11, much to the terror of unsuspecting passengers and fellow commuters.

Edit: the cover art is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Jetfire... I'll have to look into them; I like it.

Also, you might enjoy this:

I've kinda moved away from the more loud, in-your-face electronic music over the years, trending more towards the intricate and contemplative stuff, but I discovered Machinecode a few years ago, and was impressed. Don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with the more impulsive stuff; it just takes a bit more to catch my attention these days. The way this track just seems to move through you and push you forward.... I've done a lot of speeding while blaring this at volume 11, much to the terror of unsuspecting passengers and fellow commuters.

Edit: the cover art is amazing.
The thing I like about the songs I linked, was the blending of the spanish/flamenco guitar and EDM, and the other middle eastern/mediterranean influences in the traditional instruments, coupled with the EDM. That blending is something that I just really love.

For years, I'd been trying to find more songs like this

And that first one just hit the right blend for me. The second one also hit some really sweet beats and buttons in my head.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
As usual, my wife introduces me to music almost completely by accident.

oooooooh....that drop at around 1:10 was sweet! The lyrical portion kind of reminds me of some of GUNSHIP's work. Have you heard them? They're really damn good.

The start also kind of felt like Michael McCann's work, most famously for doing the Deus Ex: Human Revolution/Mankind Divided soundtracks. Though personally this song is probably my favorite of his, entirely independent of the DE soundtracks.

This song actually inspired a Mage: The Awakening background for a character I was playing many many years ago. Such a good damn song.

Reactions: SckizoBoy

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
oooooooh....that drop at around 1:10 was sweet! The lyrical portion kind of reminds me of some of GUNSHIP's work. Have you heard them? They're really damn good.

The start also kind of felt like Michael McCann's work, most famously for doing the Deus Ex: Human Revolution/Mankind Divided soundtracks. Though personally this song is probably my favorite of his, entirely independent of the DE soundtracks.

This song actually inspired a Mage: The Awakening background for a character I was playing many many years ago. Such a good damn song.
McCann's Icarus for DE:HR was brilliant, stand out favourite track from the OST (thanks for posting the track, good stuff). TBH, I'm more about the instrumental aspects of the music than the lyrics (I'm a sucker for epic trailer music a la Epic Soul Factory, Really Slow Motion, Two Steps From Hell and their ilk), though I'll give GUNSHIP a go. Got any recommendations for a new listener?

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
McCann's Icarus for DE:HR was brilliant, stand out favourite track from the OST (thanks for posting the track, good stuff). TBH, I'm more about the instrumental aspects of the music than the lyrics (I'm a sucker for epic trailer music a la Epic Soul Factory, Really Slow Motion, Two Steps From Hell and their ilk), though I'll give GUNSHIP a go. Got any recommendations for a new listener?
Here is a cluster of my favorites of theirs.

If you like trailer music, then if you haven't already heard of them, you should check out Ninja Tracks

Reactions: SckizoBoy