Some good music.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I would love to make a couple of suggestions based on what I've heard of these selections, if only to add to your phone's storage conundrum:

Waterclock was an album I discovered late one night in the early 2000s whilst listening to National Public Radio because in my early 20s, I was 70-year-old man.

And Helios is just a fucking genius, all day, every day and twice on Sundays. If nostalgia had a soundtrack, Helios would be it. Y'know, those moments when you look through old photos and try not to breakdown remembering better days? Yeah, that's Helios with his arm around your shoulder.
Ooh aye, these are greatly appreciated recommendations, thankyou kindly! Luckily got a sizeable memory card a long while ago. But that was a long while ago, and a lot of albums wriggled their way in since, along with vast photos of pets and any passing adorable creatures. It's...probably still fine. I, too, was born old. Learning of lost youth as time progresses. Just Benjamin Buttoning my way to the edge of this mortal coil hoping for dear life it won't involve climbing into a giant womb like those chemical-induced nightmares would have me believe. 👀

Oh uh, where was? What? Did you? I should take my medication now, almost forgot! Gotta go!

Reactions: Xprimentyl

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
A collection of chill electro beats, not sure what subgenre and the ears won't care as long as they're kept busy

Also no idea what genre, but am going to call it "haunt-pop" till something physically coerces me to stop.

Last edited:

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Decided to listen to some Caravan Palace again, good lord, I forgot what I missed(!) Special mention to Miracle for having one of the wackest NSFW videos.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I'm going to be so bold as to assume you know of Boards of Canada? On the off chance you don't, here you go.

I have! Though only a few bits here and there, this album has managed to slip past unnoticed, thanks for recommendation!

-

Unrelated, but am recently left wondering if the algorithms are trying to either say something profound, or what particulars of my behaviour led to them recommending these musics;

Offworlder

Elite Member
Jan 31, 2021
Country
Australia
Been enjoying some indie electronic/dance recently, seeing I can finally go to peoples houses and steal their aux cords:

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
A band I recently started listening to is Brothers of Metal. They sing about Vikings and Norse mythology. Something I believe I hear in their songs is that they're just having a lot of fun with what they're doing. They insert bits of humor in many of them like in the legend of Thor losing his hammer he says if they don't give it back then he'll go tell his dad on them, as an example. It's also a rarity for me in that I usually hate the kind of singing that their male vocalist does but I actually like it with their songs (A big part is probably because you can tell what he's saying).

An sample of the lyrics from the third song.

We're siblings of the North
Eight we're standing strong
Adventuring across the realms
To write this awesome song

On our quest for might and glory
Foes will fall
Filling up our inventory
A potion of strength for all

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
@XsjadoBlayde, thought of another artist you might like if you've not heard of him: Hiatus. Back when I first discovered him, he'd done a lot of collaborations with a female vocalist named Shura, and their work together was absolutely gorgeous. Fun fact, I purchased the album "We Can Be Ghosts Now" appears on, and as a gift, Hiatus sent me two of this triangles featured in the official video's stop-motion animation.

But his solo efforts are just as brilliant.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
@XsjadoBlayde, thought of another artist you might like if you've not heard of him: Hiatus. Back when I first discovered him, he'd done a lot of collaborations with a female vocalist named Shura, and their work together was absolutely gorgeous. Fun fact, I purchased the album "We Can Be Ghosts Now" appears on, and as a gift, Hiatus sent me two of this triangles featured in the official video's stop-motion animation.

But his solo efforts are just as brilliant.

That's a pretty cool bonus surprise for the album purchase, haven't seen that kinda thing before in my somewhat limited experience! Very soothing musics too, is appreciatably suited to the current frame of mind right now too, much thank yous!

-

A podcast group who's Patreon is like the only one I sub to recently commissioned an album of electronic ambience and dark delights, which was given free to Patreon members, so gonna share here with a couple of personal fave tracks from it also (Nick Sena - Hikikomori Lake);

(Full album)

(BODYCASTE)

(Brellipses)

(It's All Malignant) - I agree.

(Tell Me) - This one kinda stands out as the only pop/80s upbeat track with, um...lyrics? Kind of? on there.

Entirely unrelated synthwave album for good measure;

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Watching Twin Peaks: The Return and D. Lynch is apparently a big fan of the indie music scene. Nearly every episode ends with a nightcap number at the Bang Bang.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard AND DJ Shadow? I didn't know I needed it but yes please;