Some good music.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States

J Cole and 21 Savage together just make magic. This Morray guy is not that bad either.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
This is an 8-bit remix of Don't Fear the Reaper that I heard at the end of Spoony's Ripper Let's Play.

I kind of like it, but I wonder if the composer really understands the concept of timing or beat.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States

I was taken a back when I saw this announcement cause what the hell Lil Baby and Kirk Franklin who wanted that together more curious than excited. LIstened to the song and it took me back to sunday service as a child the fun parts. I played it on repeat multiple times. Like this could have the church crossover appeal that I Believe I can Fly had without the child molestion so its already ahead of the curb.

Like I kept saying that Space Jam 2 soundtrack can't touch the orginal but if they keep this kind of production up I will eat those words.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Don't remember how I discovered Friendzone (first two vids.) His music is quite rhythmically formulaic (almost embarrassingly so,) but his use of sound around the beat is quite impressive; you see everything coming, but it's beautiful and just a joy to hear; the familiarity makes it approachable. I bump this album when I'm driving; it's that perfect mesh of chill and hittin' (listen with the bass up) that makes for some delightful commutes. A guy at a stoplight asked what I was listening to; he was feeling it too.

Fun fact, I'm pretty sure he sampled (or stole the melody from) Björk's "It's In Our Hands" (third vid) in "Chuch," the cheeky bastard. The former is probably my favorite Björk track that doesn't appear on the album "Homogenic" which is by far and away her most brilliant release to date. Even +20 years later, I can pull up that gem and it feels fresh and better than most of the nonsense that's popular nowadays. Been crushing on that woman for 30 years; she's showing her age today, but if she were to walk into my room right now, I'd only see that exotic nymph from the '90s that could have lured me anywhere and made me do anything; go look at some pictures from the '90s and tell me she's not the most adorable creature ever to walk this earth, like, if fairies were real, she'd be one.

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Don't remember how I discovered Friendzone (first two vids.) His music is quite rhythmically formulaic (almost embarrassingly so,) but his use of sound around the beat is quite impressive; you see everything coming, but it's beautiful and just a joy to hear; the familiarity makes it approachable. I bump this album when I'm driving; it's that perfect mesh of chill and hittin' (listen with the bass up) that makes for some delightful commutes. A guy at a stoplight asked what I was listening to; he was feeling it too.

Fun fact, I'm pretty sure he sampled (or stole the melody from) Björk's "It's In Our Hands" (third vid) in "Chuch," the cheeky bastard. The former is probably my favorite Björk track that doesn't appear on the album "Homogenic" which is by far and away her most brilliant release to date. Even +20 years later, I can pull up that gem and it feels fresh and better than most of the nonsense that's popular nowadays. Been crushing on that woman for 30 years; she's showing her age today, but if she were to walk into my room right now, I'd only see that exotic nymph from the '90s that could have lured me anywhere and made me do anything; go look at some pictures from the '90s and tell me she's not the most adorable creature ever to walk this earth, like, if fairies were real, she'd be one.

Yeah, I can't say that I'm a huge Bjork fan, but the song Joga off Homogenic is a personal favorite. It's just got such a beautiful, haunting sound to it. But it also really conveys a lot of...I guess HOW love can feel to a person who is currently in the heat of a new relationship. How things are just viewed different because of the feelings you have for this person. How it's like a lens that makes the whole world seem different, in small, and large ways.

Most of her music, despite being kind of touching on the EDM scene, is just not my personal jam. But I do think she's got a few gems here and there.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Im in a very weird mood today, here is a weird arrangement of music

Depressing scandinavian music

Canadian Neo-psychodelia.. rock

Japanese trip hop

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yeah, I can't say that I'm a huge Bjork fan, but the song Joga off Homogenic is a personal favorite. It's just got such a beautiful, haunting sound to it. But it also really conveys a lot of...I guess HOW love can feel to a person who is currently in the heat of a new relationship. How things are just viewed different because of the feelings you have for this person. How it's like a lens that makes the whole world seem different, in small, and large ways.

Most of her music, despite being kind of touching on the EDM scene, is just not my personal jam. But I do think she's got a few gems here and there.
Björk's definitely an acquired taste, but if you like her, you love her. Allow me to date myself; "Homogenic" was the last album I bought through the Columbia House scam. I was just ready to be DONE and saw that album cover and thought "that looks intense," never having heard her before, and yes, Joga, the opening track, blew my fucking mind. Before I knew it, I had her entire library. She's just one of those objectively ideal humans; if you wanted to identify someone that just loves living, she's the one: free-spirited, always herself and behaves at all time like no one is watching despite everyone watching (the story of her punching a paparazzi who got too close to her and her then toddler son was particularly badass, to find the cute little nymph had some teeth.) She comes through in her music, not that it's for everyone, but she'd be the last person to care, I guarantee you.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Im in a very weird mood today, here is a weird arrangement of music

Depressing scandinavian music
This is very reminiscent of Sigur Ros, Icelandic band know for some of the most achingly beautiful and haunting songs ever, particularly from the album "Valtari." If you've not listened, please do.

Reactions: Piscian

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
This is very reminiscent of Sigur Ros, Icelandic band know for some of the most achingly beautiful and haunting songs ever, particularly from the album "Valtari." If you've not listened, please do.
It is Sigur Ros :) , its off a soundtrack they did for a film about homelessness in reykjavik

The album is insanely difficult to get it's $200 or something these days, but thankfully recently the album got released on youtube and spotify. I like spreading it around because its rarity outside Iceland causes it to get overlooked.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It is Sigur Ros :) , its off a soundtrack they did for a film about homelessness in reykjavik

The album is insanely difficult to get it's $200 or something these days, but thankfully recently the album got released on youtube and spotify. I like spreading it around because its rarity outside Iceland causes it to get overlooked.
Wow, my ear doesn't lie! Thank you for sharing; I'll be looking into that album AND film.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
This seemed to go over well at a recent party

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Missed the last Prodigy album completely, so caught up. With the sub-genre being the audio equivalent of a kick up the arse, has naturally already provided a couple o fresh motivational tracks

This one for when you wanna feel like no matter how fast you're doing something, it just ain't fast enough. (Best not for driving IRL then I spose)

Summer! Sweat-infested, globally-warmed, plague-ridden summer!