Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
From the comments:

"When you try to parody something and then just end up becoming indistinguishable from the thing you're trying to parody. This just sounds like an awesome funk song."

"is it just me, or is anyone else coming back to this again and again bc its a good song??"

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Im depressed af and this is the song stuck in my head this week

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Some Venjent, British drum & bass artist who likes incorporating samples of random everyday noises into his stuff

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I've been rummaging through my CDs going back through Future Sound of London's catalogue, and stumbled upon Tales of Ephidrina, and album they released under the pseudonym Amorphous Androgynous which I'd almost forget about. Not stellar when compared to their work as FSOL, but there are a few decent tracks to be found.

I love how FSOL creates the environments their music exists in with all the ambient noises and sounds becoming an overgrown jungle until the melody or rhythm come in and get tangled amongst the vines. There are a lot of artists I would kill to be in the room with when their stuff is created, FSOL is definitely one of them.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I've been getting into BC Camplight, an American musician who has resided in the UK for the last ~10 years (minus a brief enforced time back in the USA: whilst hospitalised with a severe leg injury he overstayed his visa and was deported). He's had his struggles with mental illness and substance music, but he writes good stuff and he's got some witty lyrics.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Some Venjent, British drum & bass artist who likes incorporating samples of random everyday noises into his stuff
Been binging this artist a lot, great dnb recommendation and much needed energy, cheers! Got a couple of other faves to add, this guy got a good melodic chunk that I reckon is a worthy successor to the Prodigy type music genre;

Probably my fave of the serious tracks so far.

Exorcist theme remix?

Fckin star wars!

Too relatable video. Even with the Oatly.

Rattly bike is industrial journey.

Zip song. But don't listen to it as audio only first, like I did: not knowing which zip they were talking about lol!

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
How have I not heard this before. Why hasn't EVERYONE heard this?? Absolutely fucking gorgeous. If this is typical of Bulgarian folk music, it's gained a fan.

I'm pretty sure that someone used that piece (or one very much like it) as part of a soundtrack in a movie, but I'll be damned if I can remember where.

Anyhoo, if you like that one, here's another acapella piece from Finland that might tickle your fancy. Not a choral piece like the Bulgarian one, but the singers' skill is still quite impressive.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I'm pretty sure that someone used that piece (or one very much like it) as part of a soundtrack in a movie, but I'll be damned if I can remember where.
To me, while I know it isn't, it sounds a lot like the music from Ghost in the Shell. Or alternatively, the music when an American soldier dies in slow motion in an early 2000's movie.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
You may have watched Enki Bilal's "Bunker Palace Hotel" (which does use a lot of bulgarian choirs). If not, well, do.

I tried to find other, better recorded tracks ("Cri mi zvezdi", etc...), but all related content seems to have been eradicated from youtube (so that people will run to buy the Bunker Palace Hotel OST instead, as they do 🙄 ).

Its soundtrack was also resampled in the old Cryo Interactive game "Extase", on the Amiga.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Let no gubbly bumble go unremixed.

Sounds gd on fancy new speakers.

Chem bros musicaling still, with pleasing twangy bass funks mayhaps.

Some sorta prog jazz rock stuff, I dunno, speakers seem to be agreeing with it tho

Eh, why not throw the whole chem bro album in.

Last edited: