Some people's kids.

MordinSolus

Feb 10, 2011
shameduser said:
I was walking home from school today as I need the exercise. About half way home a car with several high school students in it drives by and a girl wearing large sunglasses leans out and yells, "Fat ass!". I had no idea who any of this girl was or why she would want to yell at me from a moving vehicle. I haven't offended or pissed off any one in the last year to my knowledge.

For discussion value have any of you ever been randomly yelled at my strangers?
I have been yelled at by some high school kids to "get a haircut" and "too poor to buy a car?" From their cars.

There also was a time where I was walking along a sidewalk listening to my iPod, and some jerk decided to honk his horn while right next to me during his drive. That scared the sh*t out of me.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I've had someone pretty much with half his body outside the passenger window yelling at me that I dropped something.
Never did find it.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
Quite often actually. But I lived in New York, so people tend to be dicks on principle. But when I moved to the south a really odd thing happened. My friend and I were walking down the street to pick up the pizza we ordered (The shop was only 2 blocks away) and I hadn't bothered to tie my hair (I grew it out to piss off my mom, long story). As we were walking this car slowed down and someone yelled "Get a job!".

I really do hate when people do that, because unfortunately you can't yell a response fast enough for them to actually hear it, and if somebody said that to me while walking past me on the street I'd have called them out for it.

Also one time a car stopped next to me while I was walking and handed me a flier for a church...... I was dumbstruck for a minute that time.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I was on placement in a rural town with some colleages of mine who were Australian borns Sri Lankins, who were quite dark skinned. People would ocasionally shout out racist comments while we were walking down the street, but they'd always mistake them for Aboriginals.

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
Teenagers annoy the hell out of me and I regret ever being one. I just hope I wasn't nearly as obnoxious as some of the ones I've witnessed. For the most part I was starting to become a recluse and wanted to stay away from people.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Thanatus1992 said:
I had a snowball thrown at my from a moving car.... in July. Now I know, since I live here, that Scotland isn't the warmest country in the world, but that's a bit extreme.
Anyway, they missed by a meter or more and sped off over the hill.
You just got that avatar today didnt you?

Also,

I saw several 9 year olds swearing at the FYE. Saying games like Starcraft looked like shit. (I don't like it but even I know its not a bad game)

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
I've been yelled at by random passing cars a few times over the years, but not not to much.

While riding my scooter however, I get it the other way around.. some people seem not to view a bike or scooter as a real vehicle, they will yell as I go past and make other loud noises, which isn't too bad.. what is bad is members of a group literally stepping out in front of me, or pretending to jump out into the road as I'm approaching.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Considering when I was a teenager we used to shoot road signs with shotguns from a moving vehicle, I don't feel i have much room to comment.

I recall one kid whipping shitties in a parking lot when i was in college screaming at no one in particular. He peeled out and all I could think to do was shout "wooow! America is impressed!" I'm sure people who didn't see the first part would've been very confused.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Oh, I just remembered one.

My twin brother and I were driving around in the biggest town in the county, at the time we had longish hair (shoulder length) being blonde, really skinny, and driving a purple car (long story). Some college guy was hooting and hollering at us then we turned around and they saw our goatees (it was the mid 90's) Then all the guys in his car started laughing at him. He said "fucking girl hair!" and drove off.

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
ReservoirAngel said:
I have a whole host of replies to nonsensical homophobic insults. For pretty much everything they can say, I can come right back with my own.
Actually today someone yelled "A gay!" followed by "Sorry I'm a homophobe." at me. That puzzled me a little.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
SilentJay22 said:
ReservoirAngel said:
I have a whole host of replies to nonsensical homophobic insults. For pretty much everything they can say, I can come right back with my own.
Actually today someone yelled "A gay!" followed by "Sorry I'm a homophobe." at me. That puzzled me a little.
That was... odd. Still, at least you don't get what I do: people "jokingly" telling me to suck them off. Apparently that is meant to insult me. Or something, I don't know and really don't care.

Yosato

Apr 5, 2010
I've been called a 'bus wanker' from the window of a moving car twice before. But honestly I just found it hilarious at the time, and anyone who's heard that quote would probably also enjoy being called one. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't done it to people in the past.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
ReservoirAngel said:
"you suck dick you homo!" which to me seemed less of an insult and more of just stating the obvious.
Quote of the week.

On topic, on new years one time me and 3 friends were standing in front of my neighbor's yard (he had gone to sleep cause his GF was doing that bleeding thing) and we stood there talking til about like 2 AM and at around midnight a car drove by us. This car had at least 9 kids in, the trunk was open and at least 3 kids were sitting there. As it drove by the first time one of my friends calls out "Cool car man!" 10 minutes later the same car comes back around and attempts to throw a god damn watermelon at us... it falls miserably short. Like, at least 10 feet short. car(street)watermelon (grass) us. Then all 4 start laughing hysterically and yell back at them "NICE THROW!" after they attempted to mock us.

The next day the neighbor was like WTF MATE WHY IS THERE A WATERMELON ON MY GOD DAMN DRIVE WAY.

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
ReservoirAngel said:
That was... odd. Still, at least you don't get what I do: people "jokingly" telling me to suck them off. Apparently that is meant to insult me. Or something, I don't know and really don't care.
I get people telling me to suck other people off, and something about a... noodle fetish or something... I don't really want to know. And they call me disgusting. At least I have a few friends that don't give a shit.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
On my way to a dentist appointment early in the morning, I was yelled at by a kid of maybe 8-12 year old from a bus, who told me I looked like a girl, probably because I have long hair. I ignored him. After this, the same kid asked if I lived on Chair street(For example). I have no idea why, but I actually stopped on this one and just looked at him as the bus drove him away.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I was walking through Glen Waverly with my friend and his ex-boyfriend, and there were quite a few people yelling out 'Faggots' and such...needless to say, I stayed a few paces behind them, we walked by a fair few gangs and they kept holding hands.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Terminate421 said:
Thanatus1992 said:
I had a snowball thrown at my from a moving car.... in July. Now I know, since I live here, that Scotland isn't the warmest country in the world, but that's a bit extreme.
Anyway, they missed by a meter or more and sped off over the hill.
You just got that avatar today didnt you?

Also,

I saw several 9 year olds swearing at the FYE. Saying games like Starcraft looked like shit. (I don't like it but even I know its not a bad game)
Is the avatar showing up for you? The bloody thing just has that "Image not loaded" symbol for me.