Someone recommend me a good anime

Fawful

Dec 7, 2010
I recently finished watching a show called Angelic Layer, it's basicly Beyblade but not horrible and has mind-control battle robots/dolls instead of spinning tops (infinitely more awesome!) It is a bit of a girly-girl anime though, mainly due to most of the cast being female which may be a turn off, but the cool fight scenes make up for it.

If your after something more adult maybe Afro Samurai is more your thing, I'm not really a fan, just throwing it out there.

EDIT: Forgot about Cowboy Bebop, watch Cowboy Bebop!

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
Blitzkrieg64 said:
s-CRY-ed, Ruroni Kenshin, any Gundam series, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gunsmith Cats, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Elfen Lied, all the .hack series, Madlax, Noir and Demashita Powerpuff Girls Z.
Those are all the anime I can think of off the top of my head, all good and some you've probably already seen or at least heard of already.
Alright, just a quick question. ".hack" is that show about a virtual world right? Cartoon Network used to play it WAAAAAAAAAAY back correct? Because if that's what it is then I'm definitely up for that.

u4527646

Jul 20, 2010
Saltyk said:
Code Geass. Especially if you like Deathnote. It's like Deatnote with a healthy dose of Gundam thrown in.
I entirely agree with this, I even watched Code Geass RIGHT after I finished DeathNote and was looking for something new. They both go a bit crazy towards the end of the second season though...

runedeadthA

Feb 18, 2009
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

This is what the entry in Tvtropes "Beyond the impossible" was named for. SO over the top and awesome! Robots! Explosions! Hot chicks! Woooooo!

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Kino's Journey, Samurai Champloo, Bakemonogatari, FLCL, Baccano!

There's some stuff I've enjoyed lately.

Blitzkrieg64

Apr 21, 2009
dashiz94 said:
Blitzkrieg64 said:
s-CRY-ed, Ruroni Kenshin, any Gundam series, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gunsmith Cats, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Elfen Lied, all the .hack series, Madlax, Noir and Demashita Powerpuff Girls Z.
Those are all the anime I can think of off the top of my head, all good and some you've probably already seen or at least heard of already.
Alright, just a quick question. ".hack" is that show about a virtual world right? Cartoon Network used to play it WAAAAAAAAAAY back correct? Because if that's what it is then I'm definitely up for that.
Yep, also check out the movie .hack//GU Trilogy, it's pretty awesome. Also check out this site for everything related to .hack since I can't remember everything right now. .hack Wiki. [http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki]

Dimwit

Jul 12, 2010
Seconding Fullmetal Alchemist. Watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood after the original Fullmetal Alchemist.

Also, Code Geass is quite good, if you have a small interest in mecha

mazeut

May 9, 2009
Try Black Lagoon or maybe High school of the Dead. Hellsing was mentioned earlier, got to second that one, good show.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Trigun
Code Geass
Bleach
Fullmetal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic
I want to recommend Hellsing, but Seras might be a little too annoying.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
dashiz94 said:
Yes it's another one of these threads. Anyway, I recently discovered this show called Gantz and it looks really good so I'm going to be checking that out. Anyway, does anyone else know of good anime shows that have a decent amount of violence?

I'm also going to check out Deathnote when I get my fat ass up off the couch.
Elfen Lied

Black Lagoon

Darker than Black

Berserk

Witchblade

Hellsing along with Hellsing Ultimate

Naheal said:
Preferred genre, kudasai?
Well he wants violence like in Gantz.

So violent anime im guessing.

Gilhelmi said:
Sports - Eyeshield 21
Ah I love Eyeshield I wish football was really like that

SmileyBat

Jun 14, 2010
I'll start with the disclaimer that I'm no that into anime. Most of it is mind-numbing garbage, but 90% of anything is pretty darn bad. At any rate, some quality shows I've seen that happen to be from Japan include Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop and Ruroni Kenshin.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
Gantz was AMAZING until the filler ending...... I'm not spoiling it, just saying there IS an ongoing manga and the ending to the show is filler. You might also like Black Lagoon and Darker Than Black.

lighto

Aug 14, 2008
I'll just list my entire anime folder here.

Azumanga Daioh
Cowboy Bebop
D Grayman
Fairy Tail
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
hack-SIGN
Hellsing
Lucky Star
Mnemosyne
Rozen Maiden
Soul Eater
Wolf and Spice

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
llagrok said:
dashiz94 said:
Yeah, I probably should have clarified that. Anyway is Ultimate Hellsing really that good? That's the show about the one vampire named Alucard who hunts other vampires right?
Ultimate Hellsing really is that good.

I assume you're over 18 years old. Otherwise you shouldn't watch some of this. I suggest you steer away from Kenshin, Bleach and Outlaw star. Childrens' shows that are tied to the shounen format too much. I also hear great things about a series called "Souten Kouro" but have not been able to find it.
16, but it's all the same. Violence and/or sex doesn't bother me. In other words, I love a show like Gantz.

And I will definitely check out Ultimate Hellsing. Did you see the TeamFourStar parody of it? It's absolutely hilarious.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
OrokuSaki said:
Gantz was AMAZING until the filler ending...... I'm not spoiling it, just saying there IS an ongoing manga and the ending to the show is filler. You might also like Black Lagoon and Darker Than Black.
Yeah, I've heard negative things about the ending, but from what I've watched of it it's pretty damn awesome. (About halfway through the show)

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
dashiz94 said:
OrokuSaki said:
Yeah, I've heard negative things about the ending, but from what I've watched of it it's pretty damn awesome. (About halfway through the show)
Well it wasn't HORRIBLE, but it clearly was made up at the last minute to fill the quota of 24 episodes.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
I think Monster is a good series. It's a sober affair, but I find it to be very interesting. I'm not one for cutesy anime, so it suits me.

Edit- I'd also recommend the following:

FLCL
Paranoia Agent
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Samurai Champloo
Elfen Lied (if you can tolerate the cutesy half and the completely forgettable support characters--it has very gratifying action sequences)