Something to ponder...

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
Someone posed this question to me once and I liked it so I thought I would share it with the rest of you, so here it goes:

Imagine you were able to travel back in time to 1939 Germany and you had an opportunity to steal Hitler's wallet. This will in no way change the outcome of the war, there are no important documents inside, only a few deutsche marks. However, stealing his wallet will completely ruin his evening. Do you feel MORALLY OBLIGATED to steal his wallet? Would you do it?

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I'd rather loot his corpse.

Would I steal his wallet? Yes, but not because I feel obligated to, but becuase it would be fun.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Well of course! It's a crime I can commit without feeling the slightest bit guilty. I imagine it might be worth something at a museum some day too.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
I would totally do it. And then I would replace it with a fake wallet that had a picture of a badly-drawn stick figure with the words, "My name eez Adolf und I am un art-eest, derp a derp a derp" written overhead.

xdgt

Apr 27, 2010
Hell yeah, screw the bastard's day and get 70 year old marks that would be expensive nowadays for historical value.

GWarface

Jun 3, 2010
I would just run up to him and pull his pants down... And then steal his wallet...

This question makes me think of the intro to Red Alert 1... (actually just played it on my ps1)

Bloody Sun Boy

Jun 3, 2010
I wouldn't feel obligated morally to do it, i would be more inclined to put something in his wallet like a note saying 'I am from the future, attack Britain and you will lose the war... and your pants :mad:' or something like that to try and freak him out.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I would also take some nazi paraphernalia and one of those sweet luger pistols with me ;D

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Yes.

For lulz and 'cause a need few marks...girlfriend sucked up all my money. Like a vacuum cleaner...

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
That's... That's a really interesting question. It's made my day. Thank you for sharing that with us.