Son Stabs Father Over FIFA 09

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
Damnit, Malygris, all this news is making me start to actually believe video games might have a detrimental effect on peope's judgement!

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Beat you to it... Come on, step it up.

The fact he's called Mario is amazing though lol
It's best not to tease the staff over news stories. Their stories have to go through the proper channels and citation checks, and finally write an article varying from the original source, while you only simply need to copy and paste while giving your opinion.

Not to mention there is a large section of people who come to this site without ever setting foot in the forums. Anyway...

"Score one for the bad guys! Yahoo!"

-Ron Atkinson and Iain Duncan Smith at whinge-fest '10, burning an effigy of GTAIV

This is seriously messed up though, and will no doubt be used as fuel in the perpetual debate of videogames and whether or not they affect people negatively.

They don't, but what do we know, we've only been playing them all our lives

John Funk said:
Well if Assassin's Creed 2 has taught me anything, all young Italian men carry swords and kill people, so this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
My reaction was a combination of "Jeeeeesus...did he just..." and "I nearly spat my Coco pops over my keyboard, that's how funny that was".

+1 Penmanship (never thought I'd ever +1 someone like that, but here we are).

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Maybe they should get him some violent games.
See if it maybe makes him want to stab less real people.

MarxonSR1

Apr 28, 2009
Well another extreme case to demonstrate to the world how extreme things only happen while playing games.

More fuel for the video games hatred inferno.

It disturbs me to hear that a child can get to such a point.

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
SonicKoala said:
What a little asshole. My reasoning for that comment? This is just going to give the anti-video game lobby more fodder they can use to push this idea that video games have a negative impact on the people who play them. They'll never take into account the fact that this kid is clearly batshit insane.
God forbid someone do something without thinking of the political consequences. As much as you hate it, the kid's part of the gaming community. He represents it just as much as the average CoD4 ten year old.

What have you done to portray gamers in a favorable light lately? Nothing? Imagine that.

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
StarStruckStrumpets said:
razer17 said:
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Responsible for hooliganism and now, apparently, attempted murder.
People are responsible for hooliganism. Not a sport. That's like saying games make kids violent, but I'm fairly sure you wouldn't like that either.
Quite right. It was satire, but I didn't make it obvious. I was waiting for someone like yourself to make the point about videogames.

Still, I don't like football.
Damn, now i feel like I have been duped.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

I think the Escapist is allowed to post the news a little late. Because they have to write a proper article. And it's their site.

Dec 14, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Daystar Clarion said:

It's best not to tease the staff over news stories. Their stories have to go through the proper channels and citation checks, and finally write an article varying from the original source, while you only simply need to copy and paste while giving your opinion.

Not to mention there is a large section of people who come to this site without ever setting foot in the forums. Anyway...

"Score one for the bad guys! Yahoo!"

-Ron Atkinson and Iain Duncan Smith at whinge-fest '10, burning an effigy of GTAIV

This is seriously messed up though, and will no doubt be used as fuel in the perpetual debate of videogames and whether or not they affect people negatively.

They don't, but what do we know, we've only been playing them all our lives

John Funk said:
Well if Assassin's Creed 2 has taught me anything, all young Italian men carry swords and kill people, so this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
My reaction was a combination of "Jeeeeesus...did he just..." and "I nearly spat my Coco pops over my keyboard, that's how funny that was".

+1 Penmanship (never thought I'd ever +1 someone like that, but here we are).
Don't fret, I was only joking.

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbert Munch said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I think the Escapist is allowed to post the news a little late. Because they have to write a proper article. And it's their site.
I wasn't being serious.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
The DSM said:
Football hooliganism is seeping into the games now.

Its not the realistic experience if you arnt attacked at football match.
My friend (who supports Millwall) went to a game where the home fans were so violent they had to be fenced off from the Millwall supporters, and riot police were standing by.

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
WanderFreak said:
I wonder if he desynchronized for stabbing an innocent.

I bet Atkinson is tenting his bony fingers, a black crow perched atop his chair letting out a mournful caw.
He is also eating a child

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
iamq said:
Irridium said:
Wow, I know Europeans get kind of batshit insane when it comes to football(Soccer), but... wow.
Every single country in europe?

I thought only the brittish went nuts over football.
Ultras exist all over, from Italy, Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Russia and Poland all get really worked up. English largely comes from reputation of the days when it was more prevalent, sadly the crack down cost football all those great terraces. Still goes on though, like when Millwall played West Ham in the FA Cup.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
Andy Chalk said:
<
Oh, the irony. You could cut it, as they say, with a knife.
Badum-tish

Bravo, sir...Bra-vo.

OT: My brother has the same obsession with his damn football and rugby games. But he's one of the REALLY bad ones (obviously not as bad as stabbin' me dad), the ones where even if he is winning by 40,000 - Nil, he will still curse and bang the armrest if the opposition score a goal.

He just wants to Win Win Win, and that's why he punched someone at school, because that's all he knows how to do.

Though he sucked at THAT as well, because he hit the guy in the back (I know, right?), hit the shoulderblade and broke his knuckle. Pathetic.

Come to think of it, he's probably all insecure and prone to lashing out because I adopt such a bastardly air of superiority around him.

Oh yeah, and I now coin "Bastardly"

Definition: Doing something with the behaviour and nature of a Bastard.

I.E. A Bastardly plan
Haha, sucker. It's already a word.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Gilbert Munch said:
Daystar Clarion said:

I wasn't being serious.
Ah. That is the beauty of sarcasm over the internet.

It doesn't exist