Son Stabs Father Over FIFA 09

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
I am so, so tempted to make a diving joke, but too soon.

Regardless, I've changed my stance. I now think that videogames can cause violence. You do have to be innately insane, but it unlocks the psycho within.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Flos said:
SonicKoala said:
What a little asshole. My reasoning for that comment? This is just going to give the anti-video game lobby more fodder they can use to push this idea that video games have a negative impact on the people who play them. They'll never take into account the fact that this kid is clearly batshit insane.
God forbid someone do something without thinking of the political consequences. As much as you hate it, the kid's part of the gaming community. He represents it just as much as the average CoD4 ten year old.

What have you done to portray gamers in a favorable light lately? Nothing? Imagine that.
I actually haven't stabbed a SINGLE person today - Furthermore, I went to university earlier, and then came home and made myself a sandwich; all of these things make me out to be a completely normal individual, therefore helping to improve the image of gamers everywhere! And no, this kid who stabbed his father does not represent the gaming community - he may be a gamer, but he is by no means a representation of the overwhelming majority of people who play video games; you know, that large mass of people who DON'T stab their fathers in the throat.

dazdex

Aug 20, 2008
iamq said:
Irridium said:
Wow, I know Europeans get kind of batshit insane when it comes to football(Soccer), but... wow.
Every single country in europe?

I thought only the brittish went nuts over football.
Nooooooo, far from it. Other countries go apeshit over it as well, problem with the British is that we get VERY bad when its an international event. In my opinion Poland is the worse though.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
John Funk said:
Well if Assassin's Creed 2 has taught me anything, all young Italian men carry swords and kill people, so this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
lmfao nice one..

Yeah I agree with this...

SonicKoala said:
What a little asshole. My reasoning for that comment? This is just going to give the anti-video game lobby more fodder they can use to push this idea that video games have a negative impact on the people who play them. They'll never take into account the fact that this kid is clearly batshit insane.
It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread name...

Though I was confused.. I must have misread the title because at first I thought it said that the dad stabbed the little boy... Which would have blown my mind...

I know not all sports gamers are like this, but I don't find this very surprising, because the experience I have had with people who play sports games... They all have had a screw loose.

For example, my one ex's brother back when I was in high school smashed his girlfriends ps2 controller to bits because his team fumbled... Are sports games this serious? o.o;

Again, not saying all sports gamers are like that though...

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
He stabbed his dad over a video game (for real this time)?
His mother said he's always on his Playstation?

How could he be playing a GAME on the PS3?

But in all seriousness, he must have been unstable to begin with. Are there any details about a previous psychiatric/criminal record?

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Seriously, if you thought the Italians took catholicism seriously, you have no idea how they view football.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
Dare I say it? Sweet Victory? a FOOTBALL video game.

I wonder what side the media will take, "Football violence comes to a GAMES CONSOLE near you" "Video games make the friendly game of football violent" (I'd laugh if they were naive enough to pick that but I could see it happening)

But this just proves so many points that the media have been using in their anti video game arguments wrong.

Hope the Father gets well though can't imagine being gashed in the neck would be pleasant by any means.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
How spoiled do you have to be to stab someone for giving you advice? My guess is he either has intense mental problems in fact he sounds kind of like the technical physhological definition of pyshopath (showing no remorse for actions etc.) or hes was having a bad day and wasn't in a good mood, or both.

Iampringles

Dec 13, 2008
Homie's got issues. And FIFA 09 is plenty violent what with all the shouting and slide tackling.

McBurks

May 8, 2009
[facepalm] Kids these days....I think I'll think twice before I call soccer a sissy sport.